(none) Private Individual / Harassing Phonne Calls

United States, Washington, Bothell
Receivables Performance Management
I have for over a year received harassing phone calls asking for a Mr. Hicks, who apparently owes someone money. I have had the current telephone number for over a year, and I know nothing of a Mr. Hicks (if that's a correct spelling it could be Hix, or something else I suppose), and I continually explain that to the representatives on the phone, who promise to take my number off their listing, but then a week later I get another call from another representative of this company. I think, honestly, that they just enjoy hearing people get angry with them. I once lost my temper and used bad language, and I can only assume they put a special mark next to my phone number which lets them know that I'm someone they can have fun with when they are feeling down and rejected. I hope enough people complain about this that something will be done about it. I could change my phone number, but that would involve contacting a great number of individuals and institutions, and also would mean they (the bad people on the other end of the phone) would have "won". I refuse to "lose" to these nasty people.