Nokia UK Promo / sms stating I won 500,000usd

1 Malta Review updated:

Today (23.08.2008) I received an sms stating what follows: 'congratulations this mobile has won $500, 000usd in the ongoing nokia uk promo. e-mail your name and mobile number to : uk. [protected]@live.com tel: +[protected]. is this a scam? kindly advice.
Yanika from malta

Ya

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Sep, 2008

I got the same one just now with the same text only another phone number was stated : +44 7031809938.
    Unfortunately scammers nowadays makes it non exiting to get messages like this as we do expect it to be nothing.

But thought I would check it up with you guys anyway.

Karin from Malta

• Ku
      26th of Sep, 2008

I recivied the same sms promo,

'Congratulations this mobile has won $500, 000USD in the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO. E-mail your name and mobile number to : uk.[protected]@live.com Tel: +447031957593. Is this a scam? Kindly advice.

I think that this is a Joke

• Ku
      26th of Sep, 2008

Today 26-09-08 I recivied the same sms '

I called this number and he told me to do like it was said in the sms, his name is Mr david H.

I think it is another joke, I dont thing they are going to give us 1, 500 000 USD between the 3 of us

• D
      26th of Sep, 2008

i received it as well and i did as requested and i also called. a strange man answered and he told me to do as i was told in the email... usually if its a spam or anything they ask for creditcard or bankaccount details .. here they did not

• Cl
      26th of Sep, 2008

I received the same message today, so they must pay 2, 000, 000 among 4 of us . Everyone of the "winners" is Maltese?

• St
      27th of Sep, 2008

I have had the same as well are we only getting them in Malta ?

• D
      27th of Sep, 2008

did you send the details requested by email??

1st of Oct, 2008

I got the same msg too

• De
      2nd of Oct, 2008

hi in 08 july i recieved a sms in my phone nokia from NOKIA UK and tell me that i won 220.000 Pound. please tell me is it a scame or is really? please send me an email in my email address: [protected]@hotmail.com and tell me for this sms. from Albanian. thanks.

• Ke
      4th of Oct, 2008

i RECIEVED SEVERIAL DAYS AGO STATING MY PHONE HAS WON 110.000 GBP REPLIED TO E-MAIL ADDRESS GIVEN AND WAS SENT A CLAIM FORM TO FILL WHICH WAS DULY DONE AND A COURRER SERVICE WAS SELLECTED WHICH WAS DHL
    i THEN RECIEVED A E-MAIM FROM DHL UK
    ASKING TO SEND 410 GBP TO COVER SHIPPING COSTS THIS WAS SENT AND i RECIEWVED A RECIEP FROM DHL BY RETURNE E_MAIL THEN A DAY LATTER i RECIEVD A EMAIL FROM DHL SAYING THAT THE SHIMENT WAS HELD BY THE IRC
    AS THEY FOUND i WAS NOT A RESIDENT THE IRC IS
    ASKING FOR A NON RESIDENT TAX ON THE 110000
    WHICH IS 1, 110 GBP .MY COFIMATION NUMBER IS
    NMR/77/PNG/12 PLEASE ADVISE BY RETURNE e-mail is the real or is is it a con game run by yourself
    and dhl

reguards KEVIN FEENY

• Ra
      6th of Oct, 2008

my dad got the same message today! don't send the money. we're from Malta as well. but for god sake don't send the money! its a scam!
    obviously the email address isn't genuine cos its a hot mail account and big companies don't use bloody hot mail would they?
    someone sh0uld inform the company that they're using their company for scams cos it gives them a bad name.

regards,
    Rachel, Malta

14th of Oct, 2008

uk.[protected]@live.com

Ignore these emails, no one is a winner if this was the case I think that NOKIA will close it's door within a month as all these 500, 00USD giving them away free. Do not write back on this email because as it's name implies in our language its a fake email. Always be careful with you identy and emails.

Joe

• Cl
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I also received an sms this morning at about 7.45am while driving to work saying that I have won USD500.000 in the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO. Tel no to call back on is +447031915619. What I cannot understand is that my mobile is showing that the sms was received at 11.41am.
    Yesterday, which was a Sunday, my mobile rang at 11.36am & stopped immediately without giving me chance to answer. There was no number. What I think is that who sends these sms`s first tries the number to check if it is a correct mobile no & then sends the message.
    Insomma take care u sahha!

Claude from MALTA.

• Pa
      4th of Nov, 2008

I also received this message twice that i won 500 000 USD and i am also from malta.

Regards
    Paul from Malta

18th of Nov, 2008

hey guys i received this message too. Did anyone, by anychance receive a phone call by an unknown number before the message, or was it just a coincidence (number was +23480787**** (asterisks just in case it was someone's number))

Joseph, Malta

• Si
      19th of Nov, 2008

hi, yes i got a missed call but it was from a private number. got the sms too.

silvio, Malta

• Ni
      27th of Nov, 2008

I also received a text this morning...and I am in New Zealand...Won't be calling,

bit of a shame really...Be a nice text to wake up too...if it were true!

1st of Dec, 2008

i got it in new zealand too

• Mi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Yes me to the number to ring is +4470319149**
    I am also in new Zealand it would be nice but i will bother

9th of Feb, 2009

haha...ha...yeaa you are all winers...ha...ha...ha