nokia uk / Online scam!

Philippines Review updated:
4.9
I received an email from winners@nokia.co.uk informing me that i won $2,500,000. from "recent results of the NOKIA INTERNATIONAL EMAIL PROMOTION PROGRAM held on the 3rd Of January, 2008." It's asking me personal details and to contact Contact: Mr. Williams Nicolas at Tel:+[protected] or +[protected]. I'm doubtful of this even though it's from nokia.co.uk. I checked their website and haven't found any promotional stuff or the like.'
To

Comments

Di
  6th of Feb, 2008
"I received an email from winners@nokia.co.uk informing me that i won GBP £500,000.00(FIVE
HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) in cash and Brand new Apple Iphone Nokia
8GB release on the 25th Jan, 2008 from the NOKIA 'N' SERIES NEW YEAR PROGRAM."

It's asking me personal details and to contact their Fiduciary Agent for VALIDATION.
Mr. James Keegan
TEL:(+44-)702-407-3797
TEL:(+44-)702-407-3869

Al
  12th of Feb, 2008
THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"
I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
Dr. Anthony Floyd
Tell:+44-704-575-7563
:+44-704-575-4969
Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

SCAM AND CHEATING.
U.A.E
Hu
  6th of May, 2008
i got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 95.000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO2007. For claims, call +447045768490& email: nokia promotion@yahoo.com then i send mail i got replay for frist mail mntion bilow.

am Dr Anthony Floyd. the fiduciary agent assigned to your case to help you in the
claims process of your funds.
I wish to congratulate you and to say you are a lucky person to have won this donation.
All the winners in the donation were selected by an advanced automated random computer
ballot search form, company mobile numbers and individual mobile numbers from the 45
and Africa as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually in
Britain, London. No tickets were sold.

You are required to fill the attached donation Payment Verification Form to facilitate
the processing of your claims which will lead to the payment of your prize to you as
required. You are also to send a copy of your International Passport or Drivers License
along with the filled form. If you do not have any of these, you can send your National
Identity Card or any other form of Identification.
Section A

Amount won (in figure) £
Amount won (in words)

Section C
**Internet
Contact email address(s) 1.
Internet connection Home Work Public

Note that your funds have been insured and no deductions of any kind can be made on your funds.

CONGRATULATION ONCE AGAIN.

Dr Anthony Floyd.
Nokia Mobile Promo.
Information and Payment Bureau:
London Representative Office.

Tel: +4470 45 768 490
Fax: +44-7006-023-976

i replay for this. i got replay for this mention below.

Rules and Regulations

1. Lucky winner's are to contact their payment centre immediatly after receiving the payment release informations.

2. All document that will enable the Nokia UK to send your won prize to you has been obtained. You are to make known to the Nokia office the payment option suitable and affordable for you.

3. Nokia will not be responsible for the transfer Or Courier Charge of your won prize.

4. Winners are required to send a copy of their driver’s license or international passport for identification purposes.

5. Winners must know that the money won is very huge and as such should try as much as possible to keep their wins strictly confidential until the said funds has been received. This is to avoid Taxation, impersonation or double claims which we have experienced in previous draws

Once again on behalf of members of staff, I say congratulations as you spend your great fortune.

Dr Anthony Floyd

Ttherd replay fom cheater.

Congratulations, we the staff of NOKIA congratulates you as one of our lucky winners. Your mobile number have won you the sum of £172, 000.00 GBP (One Hundred and Seventy Two Thousand Great British Pounds) and your cheque have been issued in your name. Please we advise you check the spelling and order your name is arranged so as to avoid problems at your local bank.
The order is (Surname, Firstname, Othernames).

All documents that will enable us send your won prize to you have been obtained. You are to make known to us the payment option suitable and affordable to you and contact your payment center for Acknowledgment.

PAYMENT OPTION
1. SWIFT BANK TRANSFER
2. COURIER DELIVERY

SWIFT BANK TRANSFER

The online transfer is the fastest way of sending payment to winner though expensive. Winners opting for swift bank transfer will be responsible for the Enscrypt Activation Card which will enable the transferee Bank gain authorization from the Embassy. Here, a Clear Source of Fund Certificate and Money Laundry Act Certificate will be issued to you and the transferee bank. This certificate will also be required from you at your Local Bank in your Country.
The swift bank transfer Enscrypt Activation Card is £1, 250.00 (One Thousand, Two Hundred And Fifty Great British Pound).

NOTE: Payment for the Enscrypt Activation Card cannot be deducted from your won prize due to the High Bond of Security on it.Winners are required to pay before transfer will commence and the duration for transfer is 11hours before it reflect in your local Bank in your Country. If opting for the Swift bank transfer, Contact the Transfer office with the following.

Mrs.Sarah William

iv. Account Holders Name
v. Account Number

OPTION 2 (TWO)

COURIER DELIVERY

You are required to select the courier delivery option that is suitable and affordable to you for the delivery of your winning price.

DHL COURIER

Administrative: £220.00 (PAID)
Total: £ 520.00 pounds
Duration Of Time: 56 Hours

Note:

The insurance fee and administrative charges have been paid. You are only responsible for the courier fee.

Congratulations once again.

Mr.Hank Hams.
(Nokia UK Secretary)
Tel : +447045768490
Fax : +44-7006-023-976
...
This message contains confidential information intended a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution of this message or taking any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

this is last replay for me mention below.

Dear winner,
Your last mail was received and acknowledged. And we wish to inform you that there is no way the UPS Courier service can delivered your parcel for you without making your courier charge. You have to make your payment so that the UPS Courier can issue you a payment invioce and Air Way Bill Number as a proof of identification. Please be serious so we can send you the payment details on how to make the payment for the courier charge.

Regards.
Dr Anthony Floyd.

pls help me what action i whant take? i am waiting for your replay .

thanks regards.
Hussain uppatte
Am
  28th of May, 2008
i have got the same massege sayes (( Congratulation! your cell phone has won you 165, 000 Thousand pounds in the ongoing Nokia uk promo.For clamis tel: +447045754240 or Email: nokiaukprom@hotmail.com)) and we have followed every thing we're told and they also asked us to send the 420 British Pounds for the delivery fees and after that they said that the British inland revenue required taxes 3300 British pounds so we didn't pay as we don't have this ammount of money so please if someone know anything about it just give me an advise what to do and if there's any hope to get the 420 British Pounds
and is it a true message and are there really taxes ?
Me
  11th of Jun, 2008
I got this too and I don't live in Great Britain nor do I have a Nokia phone (I'm in the US) I wonder how they were able to use an e-mail address ending in Nokia?
Ce
  17th of Jun, 2008
Today 17 June 2008 I received an email message from NOKIA INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY with addressed at Bradford City Centre Branch 7 hustlergate bradford, West Yorkshire, NOKIA OFFICE UNITED KINGDOM. The message informed me that I won 350, 000 Great Bretain Pounds. I was informed further that the winning card for me was M/Card/456/2008 and the Tiket Number was MCard/647/2008. I was directed to contact the person by the name of Heurtaux Robert at heurtauxr@hotmail.com. Reading the mail it appeared that it was sent by the person Mr. Ashley Steve, Jr.

I was asked to furnish him my full name, tel no., home address, sex, age, etc.

I did not respond to the email. Instead I opened the website of NOKIA INTERNATIONAL and found your space for comments and complaints.

I would like to inquire about this. Is this a scam? true? or what?

Thank you very much.

Celso C. Raymundo
Ib
  13th of Jul, 2008
Received the same text msg on my mobile informing me of winning GBP 21o, ooo. Nokia should intervene as their name is being used.
Ca
  14th of Jul, 2008
I recieved sms on my mobile stating that i won a 172, 000.00 GB pounds UK NOKIA PROMO. And to claims please email us at:nokia.promouk@uk.net & call +447045744545. So, i send email what to follow to claim the price and then DR. ANTHONY FLOYD nokia promo coordinator uk- refly email, stating congratulations in behalf of all nokia staff uk for winning the amount of --------? pounds and asked to fill up the attached verification form. Then the second email refly asking to choose which courrier that is affordable for me to pay where they can sent the winning check. The option courriers (DHL courrier - 690.00 pounds, Fedix Express - 600.00 pounds, UPS courrier - 550.00 pounds).

I did not respond to the mail.Instead check to the website nokia intl.and now found out your space for comments and complaints.

So, is this a scam why nokia company and british embassy still not taking serious action to stop this kind of illegal operation.
Al
  15th of Jul, 2008
I RECIEVED ALSO AN SMS FR. NOKIA-UK, CONGRATULATION!!! YOUR MOBILE # HAS WON 190, 000. POUNDS IN THE ON GOING NOKIA-UK MOBILE PROMO. FOR CLAIMS CALL:+447045757563 & E-MAIL nokia-uk@europe.com AFTER THAT I CALL HIM HE SIAD, ITS TRUE, YOU WON, SEND ME THROUGH E-MAIL, I'M THE ANOTHER VICTIM OF DR. ANTHONY FLOYD, I SEND ALSO AN E-MAIL, MUCH BETTER, I READ THE OTHER COMMENTS AT THE NOKIA WEBSITE. I BELIEVE, THIS IS ONLY AN SCAM.
Kh
ff
Kh
  15th of Jul, 2008
PUTANG INA MO!!!dr. floyd!!! ### you!!! bull ### u! you man a ###er!!! you are a cheater...using a name of nokia-uk!! I WILL KICK YOUR ###!!
Ol
  23rd of Jul, 2008
i got one too- but know its through an SMS saying:

CONGRAT; YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON YOU THE SUM OF 172, 000 ON THIS YEAR NOKIA PROMO.FOR CLAIMS EMAIL: nokiapro2@live.co.uk AND CALL + 447035925114
Ta
  6th of Aug, 2008
Ireceived SMS in my mobile phone saying that i won 250000GPB+Nokia mobile N95 and they asked me to send E-maile to verifay my deatails which I did .Then I received E- mail from Nokiapromotionalcenter@gmail.com asking me to fill release payment form which I did and on that form Informing me I have to pay the mail fee (390GBP) and Ireply them as shown below with their respond.
Kindly I would like to receive your comment for the same assoon as possible
Thanks & best regards
Taysir
WE RECEIVED YOUR MESSAGE, THE PARCEL YOU WON IS A DIPLOMATIC ONE. IT HAS BEING INSURED AND SIGNED BY YOUR NAME, NO ONE CAN OPEN YOUR PARCEL WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE NECESSARY PROCEDURES. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FORWARD THE FEE FOR COURIER CHARGES, BEFORE ANY PARCEL CAN BE SEND THROUGH THE COURIER SERVICE TO YOU.

I NEVER INFORMED YOU, THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR PAYMENT IN FEDEX COURIER OFFICE IN YOUR LOCATION. YOU ARE SUPOSE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT IN BANK VIA WESTARN UNIOUN MONEY TRANSFER.

NOTE:IF YOU WISH COMING TO THE COUNTRY FOR SECURITY PURPOSE, IT IS ALRIGHT BY US.

BEST REGARD,

DR.LUCAS

On 8/5/08, tayseer AbuLaban wrote:
Dear Dr.Anthony Lucas,
I regret that I did not receive your reply.
I surprised for your strong warning regarding the mail fee however in fact I have to be sure that you are serious regarding the prize specially I contact nokia agent at emirates and they said they have no information or idea about nokia promotion and also I asked FEDEX in emirates and they said they have no agreement with nokia to send mail fees to Fedex in U.K.
Also I noted in your below E-Mail you are not mentioning the value of winning money (suppose to be 250, 000 GBP) as mentioned previously in your E-Mail
Dear,
once again I insist either to deduct the FEDEX mail fee (390GBP) from the 250, 000 GBP and accordingly you can send me cheque of amount 249, 610GBP or you can hand over the prize to me under condition of back to back once I paid the U.K. FEDEX fee through EMIRATES FEDEX which off course Emirates FEDEX and UK FEDEX are linked together.

awaiting your reply / confirmation for the same above

Best Regards

From: tayseer56@hotmail.com
To: nokiapromotionalcenter@gmail.com
Subject: CONFIRMATION FOR DELIVERY
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:31:46 +0400

dear sir, i have received your confirmation code and your instruction to receive the prize which i find a little complicated and unsafe for me . For this reason i will come to london next week for a job for my company so that i can receive the prize myself from the address that you sent before in your emails which will be more safe and easier for me and you and i will bring the id or passport to proof myself to you and that iam the owner of the winning mobile number . i will receive the cheque personally .
thank you .
have a nice day .
yours, mohamed tAYSIR ADEL .

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

Qa
  16th of Aug, 2008
I RECIEVED ALSO AN SMS FROM. NOKIA-UK, CONGRATULATION!!! YOUR MOBILE # HAS WON 150, 000. POUNDS IN THE ON GOING NOKIA-UK MOBILE PROMO. FOR CLAIMS CALL:+447045347003 & E-MAIL petediouf1@yahoo.fr AFTER THAT I CALL HIM HE SIAD, ITS TRUE, YOU WON, SEND ME THROUGH E-MAIL, I'M THE ANOTHER VICTIM OF DR. ANTHONY FLOYD, I SEND ALSO AN E-MAIL, MUCH BETTER, I READ THE OTHER COMMENTS AT THE NOKIA WEBSITE. I BELIEVE, THIS IS ONLY AN SCAM.
Am
  16th of Aug, 2008
I just recive an email that i have won from the nokia promo with this email petediouf1@yahoo.fr stating i have won. I strongly belive that it is a scam. I advice to to check on this email. petediouf1@yahoo.fr
Ag
  30th of Aug, 2008
I Was received a message from antony floyed.

Agnal P

Nokia Payment Release Verification/Confirmation Form(Choose A Convenient Option), ‏‏

Nokia Promo Office Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM
To: Agnal P

VERIFICATION CONFIRMATION

________________________ ___________

Once again Congratulations, we the staffs of NOKIA congratulate you as one of our lucky winners. Your mobile number have won you the sum of £463, 000.00 GBP (Four Hundred And Sixty Three Thousand Great British Pounds) and all information concerning the facilitation of your claims will commence as soon as you fill and submit the NOKIA PAYMENT RELEASE FORM attached to this message.

Note: Your mobile number tagged to your winning verification number is

VERIFICATION NO.: CN-435-101-6

Every section on the form to the best of your knowledge be correct so as to avoid any form of falsification which could render the form useless and might lead to disqualification.

Note: that your funds have been insured and no deductions of any kind can be made on your funds due to the following reasons as follows below

(1) Funds has been Insured to an High Insurance policy that make it difficult to deduct from.
(2) Beneficiary is the one to pay for any Imposed Charges against his/her funds.
(3) The British Government stated in The BHC Law book 45-1 stanza 12, That winning funds should be remitted In exact value of amount won to winner.

YOUR WON PRIZE IS CONSISTING OF A NOKIA N95 SERIES MOBILE PHONE AND A SEALED WORLD BANK CHEQUE OF £463, 000 POUNDS THAT WILL BE ISSUED OUT IN YOUR NAME [ WHICH CAN BE CASHED AT ANY STANDARD BANK IN YOUR COUNTRY ] AND ALL NOKIA ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES REGARDING THIS PROMOTION.

DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY COMING IN A CHEQUE TO YOU, IT CANNOT BE SENT TO YOUR LOCAL DELIVERY SO THATS IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO USE A DIPLOMATIC SERVICE DELIVERY FOR THE OPTION YOU HAVE CHOSEN, AND THIS DIPLOMATIC SERVICE WILL DELIVER YOUR PARCEL TO YOUR DOORSTEP AND TO WHOSE SIGNATORY IS ON THE NOKIA PAYMENT RELEASE FORM.

PAYMENT RELEASE FORM

VERIFICATION NUMBER_____________________________

OCCUPATION__________________

AGE__________

DELIVERY OPTIONS
PLEASE INDICATE THE SERVICE YOU CAN AFFORD CONVENIENTLY.

OPTION 1:

Duration Of Time: 52 Hours

OPTION 2
SWIFT BANK TRANSFER
3 working day

The swift bank transfer Enscrypt Activation Card is £1, 310.00 (One Thousand Three Hundred And Ten Great British Pound).

NOTE: Payment for the Enscrypt Activation Card being charged by our transferring bank, which is (1, 310 GBP ) of the cash being transferred will be paid by you(winner) which shall also be credited to your winning prize and it also refundable due to the High Bond of Security on it.Winners are required to get the Enscrypt Activation Card before transfer will commence and the duration for transfer is 11 hours before it reflect in your local Bank in your Country. If opting for the Swift bank transfer, Contact the Transfer office with the following Information:

Mr. Kelvin Smith
Bank Transfer Officer

i. Name of Bank
ii. Name of Branch
iii. Bank address
iv. Account Holders Name
v. Account Number

Please respond to this email by making a selection from the two options above.
Your Name:
Your E -Mail Address:

Option One:

Options Two:

Also be reminded that the deadline for the claiming is of winnings exactly one week after the receipt of this email. After this drawing period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be re-used in the next edition of the Nokia Promo.

The charges are a little high because of the international shipping rate and the insurance cover we have Undertaken incase of loss, damage or theft of your highly sensitive document.We assume all responsibilities in-case of any eventualities.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING…
THE INSURANCE FEE WILL BE PAID BY NOKIA INC.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAILING FEE 0F THE COURIER SERVICE YOU HAVE SELECTED AND THIS MUST BE PAID BEFORE DELIVERY IS MADE.

Delivery Address:
__________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________

DECLARATION
I __________________________________________ hereby confirm that all the information given above is to the best of my Knowledge and is true and correct. Any tempering or falsification of the above data render this claim invalid and void.
______________________________
date.

Copyright 2008 Nokia.com. All rights reserved

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

After receiving this mail I reply this mail. then he sent another mail that shown like this,

Agnal P

FINAL PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS!!!ACT FAST TO RECEIVE YOUR PARCEL‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏

Nokia Promo Office Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:56 AM
To: Agnal P

Agent Nokia Mobile and Internet Lottery
The Nokia Award Team
Nokia House Summit Avenue Southwood Farnborough Hampshire,
UNITED KINGDOM.
Tel: +(44) 703 5900 633

TO: OUR LUCKY WINNER (My name)
DELIVERY ADDRESS: (My Adress)

This is to acknowledge receipt of your Email. You are to make payments immediately to our DHL Accountant (Mr Anthony Floyd} in the UNITED KINGDOM through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER and he will take a DHL flight to your Destination in U.A.E, so your parcel (463, 000 pounds and a Nokia N95 phone) can be delivered to you within 24hrs.Your delivery code number is CN00503/09. and also your verification number CN-435-663-6 .

Name: Anthony Floyd.

Address: Nokia House Summit Avenue Southwood Farnborough Hampshire
UNITED KINGDOM.

Amount Paid: £590 pounds

You are required to copy out the information and proceed to make the payment in WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER office closest to you. Details of payment expected from you should include:

1. Senders Name as used in making the payment:

2. Amount Sent:

3. MTCN {10 digit}:

Alternatively, a copy of the receipt of payment made via WESTERN UNION can be sent via e-mail attachment to my office for confirmation of payment made so that the delivery process of your parcel can be initiated immediately to the address you provided us within 24hrs.

(Within 24hrs/Overnight Delivery)

Note: That the payment you are required of is to facilitate the courier delivery of your won funds to your stated address in your country and also to cover for premium stamp duties, administrative charges and courier delivery charges.

You have been instructed by the ad-hoc committee to make the payment of £590Pounds (Five Hundred And NINETY GBP)via Western Union Money Transfer outlet close to you.Effect the payment to the accounts officer in charge of the delivery of your parcel with the information above so as to enable them initiate the delivery of your prize winnings to your stated address,

NOTE: All informations regarding winnings and payment made should be kept strictly confidential until the courier team delivers to you in person. Any violation of this, we shall not be held responsible for irregularities.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING

THE INSURANCE FEE WILL BE PAID BY NOKIA INC.

(3)The British Government stated in The BHC Law book 45-1 stanza 12, That winning funds should be remitted In exact value of amount won to winner.

YOUR WON PRIZE IS CONSISTING OF A NOKIA N95 SERIES MOBILE PHONE AND A SEALED WORLD BANK CHEQUE OF 463, 000 POUNDS ISSUED OUT IN YOUR NAME [ WHICH CAN BE CASHED AT ANY STANDARD BANK IN THE U.A.E, SAUDI ARABIA, JORDAN, EGYPT, INDIA AND KUWAIT].

The delivery of your parcel to your stated address initiated as soon as the required modality is fulfilled.

Online coordinator for Nokia UK ON-LINE PROMOTIONS
Yours Faithfully,
Congratulations once again.
Mr Frank Burk
+(44) 703 5900 633{CALL ME FOR ASSISTANCE}

Email: nokia_claims01@live.com

Sweepstakes International Program.
Copyright © 1994-2008 The Nokia UK Online Lottery Inc.