nokia uk / Is this a scam or the truth

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Recieved a SMS on my Nokia number telling me that I've won 91000 great british pound.
I've send them a e mail asking them what to do claiming the prize.
Was answered by telling me to fill ia a release form from nokia what I've done. Rules and regulations was send to me with certificate of deed telling me that I won this prize.
I needed to pay for the package cost getting the cheque and orignal documents to South Africa and they will send me a tracking number from one of the couriers I've choose. The three was DHL FEDEX and other.
I choose Fedex and the cost was 520 pounds. I've moneygram this to the accounting officer. They phoned me from the airport telling me that they've got a problem. UK tax consultancy first want a VAT of 3.6%. This has to be paid before the parcel can leave the UK. This is +- 44000 rand (3200 pounds).
This causes alarm bells I need to get confirmation if this is a scam ot the truth

Comments

Mi
  8th of Feb, 2008

I recieved a simalar message on my phone and then linked on to this site to find out if this is a scam or not.

Al
  12th of Feb, 2008

THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"
I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
Yours faithfully,
Dr. Anthony Floyd
Tell:+44-704-575-7563
:+44-704-575-4969
Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

Sanaz Tehrani
Nokia Careline
Nokia Middle East & Africa

SO GUYS BE AWARE AND DO NOT CONTACT THESE CHEATERS AT ALL

Ha
  16th of Feb, 2008

please let me if you have any information

Le
  21st of Feb, 2008

Received the same email saying i'd won 300,000 gbp, and when i replied saying 'fantastic, how do i claim?', i recieved this...

'Attention: Lucky Winner

We are in receipt of your mail regarding your unclaimed won prize of 350.000.00 GBP. Note that you are to forward the below information’s without further delay

1: First Name and Surname
2: Country and Occupation
3: Age and Sex
4: Telephone and Fax Numbers

Note that your earliest compliance to these directives will be appreciated as it will enhance the process of your receiving your won amount 350.000. 00 GBP within the stipulated time of disbursement.

Congratulations!!!

John More
Disbursement Officer'

Definitely a scam... things that are too good to be true, unfortunately generally are...

Fe
  28th of Mar, 2008

I received same short message text to my telephone. Definitely scam. And they are professional cheaters who sent these emails...

From Turkiye which is heart of Earth.

Thank you...

Pr
  13th of Apr, 2008

Yor are cheating me I have receive message i won my mobile no 172, 000GBP But your side no responsible . iwait for your response because you are cheating i inform law in U A E .I HAVE PROOF YOUR MESSAGE
PLS REPLAY YOUR SIDE YES OR NO -I WON -YES NO WHY ???

Pr
  13th of Apr, 2008

DONT REPEAT ! ?????

Si
  29th of Jun, 2008

I have receved a mobile msg dated 26-6-2008 from uknokia confirming that I have won 154000 pound in the ongoing nokia promo.

Ra
  26th of Jul, 2008

GSM MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES PROMO.CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001 MADRID, SPAIN. UNITED KINGDOM ( UK ) / SPANISH ALLIANCE GSM SUBSCRIBERS PROMOTION. ToAolad Hossain Bhuyian Winning Cell No: +96899175181 Verification No: CN435-663-6
Country: Oman.Date: 29th April, 2008. Congratulations!!! On behalf of UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH GSM'S Staffs we hereby Congratulates you on your Mobile Phone Serial Number has won you the Sum of €170, 000.00 (One Hundred and Seventy Thousand Euro) on the ongoing UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH GSM PROMOTION. A Cheque has been issued under your name ( Aolad Hossain Bhuyian )

Ay
  1st of Aug, 2008

Dear All.,

I Had received a massage on 31-07-2008 from nageria telephone +2347039377815 stating as follow's

Congratulations, your mobile number has won the sum of 250, 000 GBP on this year nokia promo.

For claims call +002347039377815 or e-mail : Nokiacares@live.com

Appreciating to advise if this massage is a scam or not, i will be sending e-mail to his adress to check.

Gt
  18th of Aug, 2008

I get at least one email everyday from all over the world telling me to claim my winnings.. Please Please delete this type of emails .. If it sounds too good too be true it definately is!!!

Mo
  13th of Sep, 2008

hi, I have recieved a text message from Nokia saying:CONGRATULATIONS . UR EMAIL ADDRESS IS AMONG THE (5TH) LUCKY WINNERS AND IT SAID THA U WON (500, 000) FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS STERLING)

BUT HOW CAN I GET THAT ? PLZ TELL ME ABOUT THAT IS THAT RIGHT OR NO ?
BYE THE WAY IM FROM AFGHANISTAN
BEST REGARDS
MOHAMMAD ESHAQ AZIMI

Yk
  28th of Nov, 2008

Yes, I also received the following email and was about to go to the courier to send them the cash till I told my brothe about it. It is sad when people are trying to make money this way.

Do
  30th of Nov, 2008

I have just recd an email from this number which is from Bedford
England 234-803-734-1129 telling me that I have won
US$250, 000 supposedly from NOKIACARES. This is most definately a scam
and should be reported to the authorities.

Ri
  24th of Jan, 2009

I just got called from 2348036803936 from some guy speaking english in a trinidadian accent...

THIS IS SCAM.
I played the guy also... when he called told him i was having sex at the moment... I made alot of sexual sounds and he kept listening to me... I heard him saying: Oh My God...

This is not real... please to all the people in the world... they are just trying to make money... and lotsa money...

Re
  11th of Feb, 2009

Definitely a fake...i don't even have a nokia phone number and I'm in the middle of the Pacific...just delete that message.

Sa
  26th of Jun, 2009

Hi all,
This is an email i received yesterday. i called him to check it out and asked him why the email didn't come from a proper NOkia email address and why he didn't answer the phone saying Nokia... SCAM!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your Email I.D was selected and you have therefore been awarded the sum of GBP £ 250, 000.00 (Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Stealing) in the ongoing UK NOKIA GRANT PROMOTIONS 2009.

To claims your Prize contact:
Dr. Peterson Cole.
FINANCE DEPARTMENT
UK NOKIA GRANT PROMOTION 2009.
Information and Payment Bureau:
London Representative Office.
TEL:+44-703-597-1221,
FAX:+44-703-040-3637
Email: nokiacares22@live.com

NOTE:
Reply as soon as posible for quick verification and claim.

Reply along with your names, mobile number, contact, address and keep this winning information confidential to avoid external claim.

CONGRATULATION from all staff of NOKIA INC.

Best Regard,
Dr.(Mrs.) Jessica Knight .
(ONLINE CO-ORDINATOR).

Sa
  26th of Jun, 2009

BTW - here is the guys email address.
jjulija [jjulija@ptt.rs]

Beware...

Kr
  8th of Feb, 2010

Hello,
I got a letter of congratulations on winning Mobily 154000 I read the same time, I laughed because I knew that she was a financial crisis trick.

your friend from Saudi Arabia