nokia uk / Lottery promo scam!

1 Australia Review updated:

Yes I too nearly got caught with the same scenario as many others. All email communication up until they wanted a fax copy of my Drivers License or Passport - fortunately I stopped there. Beware of these two:

Dr. Anthony Floyd
Tel: +[protected]
Fax:+[protected]

Name: Mr. Raymond Ighile
Email: nokia_uk.inc_net@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +[protected].

Comments

An
  15th of Oct, 2007

Scam from Nokia UK lottery

Pls note that this is indeed a scam. Do not fax or email your passport details to them. Your passport details is important.

Another name to be aware of :

Yours faithfully,
Dr. James Kelvin
Tel: +44-704-572-8127
Fax: +44-870-471-8349

Ri
  6th of Nov, 2007

I too got the sms... it's a definite scam!! Beware guys...

Mv
  7th of Nov, 2007

Nokia should do some thing. I think the company officials are sleeping.

NOKIA MOBILE PROMO 2007
EUROPE AND MIDDLE EAST REGION

CONGRATULATIONS, once more!!!

Good day. Congratulations on your decision to get your prize delivered to you by courier.Below are the account details.

Account Name:H LALSI AMMAW(ROSEL)
Account Number:056010100376419
Bank Name: UTI(AXIS)BANK

Once the payment is made you will send me a scanned copy of the payment slip and call me of the payment. Once this is done, your package will be dispatched to you and you can track it's progress by calling the courier company.Please, ensure to provide your complete and correct House or office address where the package will be delivered.

Note:You must have to make the payment immediately without delay.

I expect your prompt reply to this mail.

Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS once more.

Sincerely yours,
Dr milner Graham
+447045719036 (Anytime)

Sa
  8th of Jan, 2008

I also received the SMS on 08/01/2008,

" Congratulation! your mobile No. has won GPB 210,000 pounds from the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claim email: nokiapromo (at) uk2.net and call +447045727507"

But didn't bother replying as I thought it was too good to be true.

Ca
  9th of Jan, 2008

I also have recieved a text message on 09/01/2008

"Congratulations your mobile number has won 100,000 GB pounds on the onongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. call +447031921786 email: nokiapromo (at) uk2.net For claim

So I emailed, got no reply as yet, tried calling a couple of times, finally got a guy, who told me to email and call back. Said I had already emailed, he said call back in an hour. Think I will leave it after reading all these...

Mo
  2nd of Feb, 2008

HELLOW DEAR CONCERN AUTHORITY PLEASE IS THERE SOME ONE WHO CAN ADVICE ME ABOUT NOKIA UK. SHOULD I RESPOND THEM OR NOT. BECOZ THERE ARE LOT OF COMPLAINT S REGARDING ABOVE SUBJECT. AND EVERY ONE DOUBTED ABOUT THE FUNCTION OF SUCH A JOB RUN BY NOKIA UK .I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR KIND INFORMATION.THANKS A LOT.

YOUR FAITHFULLY
SHARAF UDDIN CHUNU
MOBILE: 965 9420319

Al
  12th of Feb, 2008

THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"
I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
Yours faithfully,
Dr. Anthony Floyd
Tell:+44-704-575-7563
:+44-704-575-4969
Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

Sanaz Tehrani
Nokia Careline
Nokia Middle East & Africa

SO GUYS BE AWARE AND DO NOT CONTACT THESE CHEATERS AT ALL

Is
  16th of Feb, 2008

yes, i have recived the same SMS .... they think that we are stupid

Ol
  1st of Apr, 2008

The NOKIA UK PROMO scam are now trying their luck in Norway using the telephone number +447045751693, and the e-mail address "claimsnokia@mrlottery.com.

Sa
  14th of Apr, 2008

I am from Saudi Arabia I got a sms win 172000 pounds after I sent my ID DETAILS . I plan to sent money 485 pounds for courier charges. But God help me one my friend found this is cheating we watched all details through web.

See I am poor man working as a welder and very small salary then also I contribute all friends 485 pounds for Senting, this is my four months salary I am very thank full to my friend PRAISING.

SAJI ABRAHAM
SAUDI ARABIA.

Go
  4th of May, 2008

One week ago I was sent a message writing congratulations!Your mobile number has won?500, 000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA UK MOBILE PROMO. For claims call +447031918554.E-mail nokiauk@email.com. I was very excited thinking that I'm going to be a rich person. But after reading some others comments about this wrong information, I think that I'm now lukier than past. I would like to suggest the concerned authority to take effective steps to stop this type of cheating.
BE AWARE EVERYBODY FORM THESE DECEPTIVE PEOPLE.

Al
  8th of May, 2008

Same experience with the others i even call them using my mobile had spoken w/Dr Floyd as he claims and asking me to send him 730 british pounds to get my check for the amount of 220, 000.00 pounds for courier charges.

I only do not know how to alarm the local authorities to catch this people, i encourage anyone there if familar how to catch this people and action.

Em
  10th of May, 2008

First name: Emad
Middle name:Attiya
Last name: Etnas
Date of birth (1967-12-27):
Gender: Male
Occupation : An worker in Setia co.
Address: 6 Mohamed Yakut Attiya st. Sporting, sidi Gaber
City:Alexandria
Country: Egypt
Winning mobile number :0102982620
Network Name : Vodafone
Amount won (in figure) : £84, 000
Amount won (in words) : (Eighty Four thousant Great British Pounds)
Contact email address(s) : elomda272000@yahoo.com
Internet connection Home Work Public : www.yahoo.com

Pi
  19th of May, 2008

I got 1 text messege as well...Good thing i've search internet to find the truth..

Ja
  6th of Jun, 2008

oh my gosh ive just found out about this site, well i got a sms yesterday saying the same thing CONGRATULATIONS!Your mobile has won 197, 000, 00 euros in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO for claim call +34-652-745-037 & Email nokiawinning08@yahoo.com i thought it was true cause ive never ben scamed in my life or know if its a scam or not!!ive sent my details through just my name, address and cell number because thats all they wanted.i am so worried now..

Mu
  6th of Jun, 2008

Dear All,

I too have the msg on mobile first, then I did reply to them to know the detailed. then they did give reply to me to get the Claim by Cheque or by t.t. to Bank. in the same they sent the Application forms and suppose to send the Charges of Courier. But I never think that I lost the 490 Pounds as a Payment for DHL Courier. However, I forgot it.

at last, I did noted that It's a Fraud...

-Munawar Hussain.

Lo
  7th of Jul, 2008

Dear All,

Me too had several msg on the mobile first (now I blocked that number).
I did reply to them to learn the details.
They reply sending me a details form that I completed.
Then they reply to me askin how to get the Claim by Cheque or by t.t. to Bank.
I send a message to Nokia Investor Relations and I received the following reply:
"Nokia has been made aware of several hoax messages on mobile phone promotion or lottery campaigns, sent via e-mail or SMS in the name of Nokia. Nokia has not initiated by such campaigns, and has nothing to do with them.
Nokia regrets the inconvenience caused to our customers by the action of the individual/s who have perpetrated these hoax messages. Please ignore these messages and do not pass them on."
I forwarded this message to Dr.John W. Marriott, emil: "Uk Nokia" , tel: +44-702-401-0209 or +44-704-570-9883 who was (is) the person responsible for the lottery, asking for his comments.
Below are the comments I received (attention to the spelling):
"You are the proud winner of our promo and i hope you have not tell anyone about your ticket number because we have people claiming to be the winners and they send messages as if nokia is sending it to discourage winners that they did not win. Later the people we come to our office and collect our lucky winners prize after sending them false messages.
I would advice you collect your lucky winning because this is once in a life time."
Today I rerceived an email for the same person that he "deposited" the money with Western Union and I need to pay "their security safe keeping fee of $198 dollars only" in order to deliver me my "winnning prize".
I WILL NEVER REPLY OR PAY ANY MONEY.

what i do after