Nokia Promo Uk / fake sms

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have also recieved same sms that I have won 165000 gbp. They gave me their email I emailed them for verification. They send me a declaration form & asked me to fill it. I undestood its scam. Beware of this & dont give your any personal details to them.

Comments

• Wa
      21st of Apr, 2008

This is true they are cheaters they are not stuped they knew no one can do any legal action agianst them just advice people to ignore all kinds of e-mails and masseges of this kind, wish all save lifes.

there is acopy script of one of there masseges

You are to send a scan copy of your Passport or
    > Driver's lisence along with this form.
    > All claim should be made within five (5) working
    > day.
    > I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of
    > NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the
    > best of luck as you spend your good fortune.
    > Thank you for being part of our commemorative 147th
    > Anniversary Draws.
    > Yours faithfully,
    > Dr. Terry Wright
    > Tel: +44-704-572-7507
    > Fax: +44-700-601-5370

• Lu
      2nd of May, 2008

this afternoon i recieved a message from nokia promo saying i have won 347, 000 gbp pounds ... now i have just read so many comments on here ...what do i do??

• Je
      7th of May, 2008

i also receive an sms from this number +2347087259474 and ask mo to send email to nokiawon@hotmail.com or call 447031921786... they told me i won 100, 000.00 great british pound..

14th of May, 2008

i have recieved the same message from that number saying i won! so i called them but is it true? why are they doing this i its not true? somebody please help me with this im just 17 years old ad i duno what to do

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2008

please i have also sms and i won 215000, 00 what is te next step ?

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2008

i received same type of email from nokia sweeptake promo just now and asked to contact nokia_claimsdept1@live.com. is this true.what can i do next. someone please help me.

• Sh
      24th of May, 2008

i reseved sms won 2150000 from nokai promo sceem now3 what is next setup tel mee

• Ba
      27th of May, 2008

i have also received same nature of sms on 05/26/08 from the mobile no. +2348039557025 (and its from Nigeria country code) stating "Congratulation!!!your mobile number have won gbp199, 000 in the ongoing "Nokia Mobile Promo" Call +447031938493 or email to "nokiaclaims2008@yahoo.com for claims. If this is a scam, what can we do to chase the master mind so they wont victimize any innocent person. I've have searched nokia promo and i've found this site meaning they're really doing this stuff to defraud people. Hope they will be caught by the authorities.

• Ba
      27th of May, 2008

Message from moderator of Nokia UK:

We have received the following statement from Nokia about this issue:

Nokia has been made aware of several hoax messages on mobile phone promotion or lottery campaigns, sent via e-mail or SMS in the name of Nokia. Nokia has not initiated any such campaigns, and has nothing to do with them.

Nokia regrets the inconvenience caused to our customers by the action of the individual/s who have perpetrated these hoax messages. Please ignore these messages and do not pass them on.

checked out this link from nokia.uk

• Ab
      3rd of Jun, 2008

hi, i received an SMS from the number +2348081317715 stating that my number had won 131900 GBP. and for claiming call on this

number +447045730983.

Then i did as i was instructed. I had paid 595GBP to DHL for bringing the cheque to UAE. The vary next day i received as SMS that my courier has been blocked b'coz i am non national to UK. The Customs of UK revenue has stoped the delivery order and also stating that NOW i have to pay 1500 GBP that is AED 15.000. nad believe me that is alot of money.

This was all so true i mean the E-mail, certificates, DHL payment and the case number in customs also.. u can check this link

this link is connected to my case...

from 12th May, 2008 uptil now i did not get any kind of conformation...

• Pr
      30th of Jun, 2008

Verification No. CN-435-663-6

30th June, 2008

Your Kind Attention PRAMOD KUMAR,

Transfer Procedure with LLOYDS TSB Bank Plc.

We send you Compliments and Thanks for contacting Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

Kindly note that your particulars has been received in this office and completely Verified. This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept. at the headquarters of the NOKIA PROMO OFFICE. Your winning funds amounting to £500, 000.00 (Five hundred thousand Pound Sterling’s) which was deposited in a suspense account with us will be transfer to you through our Swift transfer network service and your original copy of your winning certificate, together with a clear source of funds certificate (C.S.F.C) stating that the money was obtained legally through their National Lottery promotion will be sent to you via express mail to your stated address.

Below is your TRANSFER INFORMATION CONFIRMATION DETAILS. Do carefully confirm the Informations below, this enable us to perfect the transfer of your won prize to you in due time.

(Verification No. CN-435-663-6 FORM [B])
    Bank Name: ICICI BANK
    Bank Account Number: 628701075250
    Bank Address: NO. 6, 8, 13 SHANTA TOWER, SANJAY PALACE ROAD, AGRA-U.P 282002
    Account Holder Name: PRAMOD KUMAR
    Account Holder Telephone Number: +243810516131 / +919359916561

High rate of Insurance is incurred on funds (particular), because of the lump amount. That your prize is protected with a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it is transfered to you.

**LLOYDS TSB do not have the legal right to deduct any amount from your won amount, as It is against all banking operation's here in UK. Your won funds was deposited in a suspense account where it is sealed with an Irrevocable Guarantee Bond Policy (IGBP) with us on your behalf and the transfer procedures are below;

1.) You are requested to immediately get back to this office with your scanned ID card or passport copy for proper record.

2.) You are requested to pay an Initial transfer fee of £559 pounds being payment for Transfer Fees and Bank commission.

For Speed and accuracy, you are to contact this office as soon as you are ready to make the payment, so that you will be given proper directive on how to make the payment of your transfer charges.

Upon receipt of your scanned Id card /Passport copy and evidence of payment of the above charges, we will commence transfer of your Prize to your designated account within 24hours.

Once again, Thanks and Welcome to LLOYDS TSB Bank.

We will appreciate your prompt response to this mail.

Yours Faithfully

Sir. Gordons Brown (Transfer Manager)
    Lloyds TSB London UK
    +44702-4034671

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Online Security Team
    Lloyds Tsb Bank.
    © 2008 All Rights Reserved.

• Pr
      30th of Jun, 2008

they are foolling us pls be carefully with them
    Verification No. CN-435-663-6

30th June, 2008

Your Kind Attention PRAMOD KUMAR,

Transfer Procedure with LLOYDS TSB Bank Plc.

We send you Compliments and Thanks for contacting Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

(Verification No. CN-435-663-6 FORM [B])
    Bank Name:
    Bank Account Number:
    Bank Address:
    Account Holder Name:
    Account Holder Telephone Number:

Once again, Thanks and Welcome to LLOYDS TSB Bank.

We will appreciate your prompt response to this mail.

Yours Faithfully

Sir. Gordons Brown (Transfer Manager)
    Lloyds TSB London UK
    +44702-4034671

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Online Security Team
    Lloyds Tsb Bank.
    © 2008 All Rights Reserved.

• Ah
      10th of Jul, 2008

shehadrecievedsimilarasabove noted while is outside the country and asked me to verify this matter for her.i have sent her to ignore this, but nokia phone board directors should have some actions againest these to protect its coustmmers allover the world.

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2008

Dear Sir
    I wish you to introduce myself I My name is Shankar Dayal and I am living in Dubai(UAE)
    on 3 yrs employment visa . I am using of Nokia N-73 instrument since last 2 years and here I have network connection of Etisalat .On 8th July 2008 I got a SMS (messege) from Phone number +2347034028450 that I have won 172, 000 GBP from NOKIA UK PROMO and I was also suggested to claim it on email id-nokia-promo.uk@u.k2.net .

So I claimed to suggested email id and got replied to fill it on specified format. I did it also . Now I got reply of same also which I am attaching to you for verification from your end that whether it is genuine message or not .

Hope you will guide in this regard.

Best Regards.

SHANKAR DAYAL
    301, D-6 CHINA CLUSTER
    INTERNATIONAL CITY
    DUBAI (UAE)
    POST BOX- 283229

• Si
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I 'm received sms from the number +2348076048331. I just won 250, 000.00.what is this?

12th of Aug, 2008

Dear friends
    Today i received same message, i call them, they told me forword your details by email. Before giving any information about me,
    I cross checkd on google search about this offer. then i surprice about this all. Please take care, its all fake...
    My suggetation : Befor giving any information please check on net about all of this things.

13th of Aug, 2008

I am very happy when i saw this message. i am really appriciated.i got this message 12.08.08. i called that number they told sent your details through e-mail. my mobile model is nokia6120 classic. i am in abudhabi.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Fe
      14th of Aug, 2008

is it truth or not

• Po
      18th of Aug, 2008

i do not understand that SMS, but i hope that is true. can anyone tell me.

• Ha
      19th of Aug, 2008

Peace B upon you all

I recieved that message about 3 weeks ago.. I was surprised. I calld them back and they gave the instructions. actually there was one person who talked to me " Tom Adams "
    After a while I let them away & I didn't reply on any call or E-mail.
    B careful friends and don't believe them.
    BTW, I red about these messages in Al-Watan newspaper " Oman ".
    I'm telling U & trust me, don't give them any personal details and don't reply them whatever happend.