Nokia Promo / scam - winner of £347,000

Cyprus Review updated:
4.65
Today 25/08/08 I received a mobile phone text supposedly from nokia informaing me that I had won & pound;347, 000.00 in this years draw. the text told me to telephone a uk number or send email to nokianumbers10@live.com to make my claim.

Not believing this could be real - I went online and searched for related pages / sites. I found your complaints site and it has confimed my original suspisions - a scam. who really thinks nokia would run a promotion like this and if they were so generoous I do think they would want to publicise it widely to increase their sales!!!

Whoever is running this scam needs to be reported to the authorities and surely phone networks can stop this kind of activity - why aren't nokia doing something about it??

Yve brooks, cyprus
Yv

Comments

Ma
  21st of Nov, 2011
IM IN TANZANIA I RECEIVED THE SAME MSG THAT I WON 315000 POUND I CHAT WITH THIS PEOPLE THEY REAL ARE GOOD THEY HAVE PICTURE IN THE EMAIL, BUT AT THE END THEY TOLD ME TO SEND 290 POUND SO I CAN COLLECT MY CHEQUE THEN THATS WHEN IREALIZE ITS WRONG, PLEASE STOP THIS PEOPLE THE NAME IS NOKIA WORLD PROMO, NOKIA UK WORLD PROMO

Nokia Logo Nokia