Nokia N6120 / poor product

Hong Kong Review updated:

I have been loyal to Nokia since mobile phones were introduced – liking it for it’s easy navigation & user friendly features. Despite advice from younger users not to buy Nokia and to explore my options which are wide and varied, I still chose to buy a Nokia last month N6120.
Much to my disappointment, the brand has not lived up to delivering the customer experience that many expect of Nokia. I have taken the phone back to your Care Centers twice, with your customer service agents telling me it’s a software problem. They have reset factory settings, (I guess they never tested the features after servicing) and the phone still fail to do a simple feature – allow me to update/add phone numbers to existing contacts. I have visited the center twice and I am very frustrated with the time spent with no results. I travel 80% of the time and cannot afford the time to be dealing with my phone problems.
Here are my problems:
• Cannot create or update existing contacts
• Messaging – does not allow you to edit numbers when you are overseas e.g. if you need to insert a + on it. Only shows names. I am told this is a feature of the N series and sorry, I will have to go back to the dark ages, copy the number and add or edit my entire phone book of 400 names in advance!!!
One thing is certain, I will no longer be buying Nokia. It seems to have lost it’s competitive edge with their N series. From now on, I will use the IT forums and blogs to check out the best phones available out there – they are the best reality checks, right out of the mouths of consumers!

Comments

An
  17th of Dec, 2007
>>>>Here are my problems:
>>>>• Cannot create or update existing contacts

Why can't ??
I can.. just goto the name u want to edit then choose options -> edit-> then can move your cursor up down , left and right to edit!!
(before doing this, make sure u have copied all ur contacts form SIM card to phone memory :)

to add few more phone numbers for the name u want (eg. your friend has 20 differents handphone numbers) just choose option->add detail -> then select what you want to add: mobile, mobile (home), mobile (business) ,tel , tel (home) , tel (business), car phone, video call, video call (home), (biz), fax, fax (home), fax (biz) , pager..... etc) you can even rename it! eg : change "mobile" to "HOT LINE" =)

>>• Messaging – does not allow you to edit numbers when you >>are overseas e.g. if you need to insert a + on it. Only shows >>names. I am told this is a feature of the N series and sorry, I >>will have to go back to the dark ages, copy the number and >>add or edit my entire phone book of 400 names in advance!!!

just use the above method to edit ur fren contacts and add a "+6"
no need to copy down the number :) you should save your NEW friends contact as "+601x ....." since u r always travelling =)

Did i solve your problems ? =) i like solving problems ..haha