Nokia Mobile Promo / fraud messages

Oman Review updated:
I received a text message from nokia7784. it said the following:

Congratulations!! your mobile number has won *250,000.00 in the ongoing nokia mobile promo for claim call +[protected] & email:nokia7784@yahoo.com

I replied the email and was told I won 25000 euros and nokia handset. they asked me for my address and said I would have to pay 500 euros for the dhl which would contain a cheque and a mobile phone.

I told them I dont want the phone just send the cheque and deduct the charges from the amount that I have won. later I recieved a call sayin that I will have to draft a cheque in order to claim my price.

The message centre number was +[protected]

Please advise how can I take action against this fraudulent party and stop this scam from carrying on.

Thanks

Tino

Comments

Th
  23rd of Feb, 2008
I have received the same msg about nokia. I phoned them and told me that your the lucky one... what type of joke is this. they told me it's not a joke. have you received the money yet?
Ab
  7th of Mar, 2008
dear sir.
i have got sms messag that i won 500.000 pounds in the nokia uk mobile promo. and i have to contact you
Wa
  9th of Mar, 2008
waht have i win?
Wa
  9th of Mar, 2008
I want to knwo hwo to receive the mony?
Ba
  14th of Mar, 2008
All Nokia custemers, beware about the message coming to your mobile regarding about the huge amount you you won and call to U.K2 .net .
Am