Nokia Mobile Promo / fraud messages

1 Oman Review updated:

I received a text message from nokia7784. it said the following:

Congratulations!! your mobile number has won *250,000.00 in the ongoing nokia mobile promo for claim call +[protected] & email:nokia7784@yahoo.com

I replied the email and was told I won 25000 euros and nokia handset. they asked me for my address and said I would have to pay 500 euros for the dhl which would contain a cheque and a mobile phone.

I told them I dont want the phone just send the cheque and deduct the charges from the amount that I have won. later I recieved a call sayin that I will have to draft a cheque in order to claim my price.

The message centre number was +[protected]

Please advise how can I take action against this fraudulent party and stop this scam from carrying on.

Thanks

Tino

Comments

• Th
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I have received the same msg about nokia. I phoned them and told me that your the lucky one... what type of joke is this. they told me it's not a joke. have you received the money yet?

• Ab
      7th of Mar, 2008

dear sir.
    i have got sms messag that i won 500.000 pounds in the nokia uk mobile promo. and i have to contact you

• Wa
      9th of Mar, 2008

waht have i win?

• Wa
      9th of Mar, 2008

I want to knwo hwo to receive the mony?

• Ba
      14th of Mar, 2008

All Nokia custemers, beware about the message coming to your mobile regarding about the huge amount you you won and call to U.K2 .net .

• Am