Nokia / nokia yearly competition

South Africa, JHB Review updated:
Phone: 0115338815
This morning I received an sms saying that I have won r95, 000 for nokia yearly promotion and it has the ticket number to claim the prize. The number to call is [protected], all I would like to know is this a scam or not?

A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
This is a scam. I fell victim to this too today, this morning.
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by
This nokia yearly promo is a scam. I fell victim to it too.
N  9th of Sep, 2009 by
dear sir
i got a message that i have won 200000pound ...and my number is the lucky number
is this true if yes how can i got my payment...
A  13th of Sep, 2009 by
Thanks for your information that my mobile number has been awarded GBP 500 000 in the ongoing international phone number draw in UK.My e- mail addrass cpsaidalikutty@gmail.com

Postal addrass,

s/o saidalikutty,
chazhiyattiri peedikayil,
thirumittacode (po),
koottanad (via),
palakkad (dist),
india. Phon:+919846236622
N  26th of Nov, 2009 by
I have purchased a NOKIA 7610 SUPERNOVA in march 2009..
In its prospectus it was written that the battery backup was for more than atleast 2 days depending on its use, but inspite of using the mobile for calling purpose only( that also for 5-6 calls/day), my battery donot withstand more than a day...
My battery no. is (382066901709091462806750577)
the serial no. of my mobile is 359331022689158
Can u tell me what should i do??? My Cell is Already in the Warranty Period...

My Postal address Is :
Ashish Kumar Sinha.
C/O B.R Khurana
3-NX Vishnupuri
Bhanwarkuan, INDORE(M.P)
N  23rd of Mar, 2010 by
I received an email to say that I've won R95, 000 on a winning ticket number and I am to contact Mr Victor on 083 520 7669 - is this also a scam.
How come this is is going around ?

Ingrid Fraser
N  30th of Mar, 2010 by
This also happend to me this morning.
this is a scam!!!
A  21st of May, 2010 by
I also received that text. Not all can win tat money!!! whish someone could stop these people. What do they get out of it?

Madelein Fourie
A  4th of Aug, 2010 by
Yer I recieved the same sms this morning of R96000 prize, thes Nigies think we are dum, They even ask you for your address to claim the prize. Becarefull all this is another 411 scam. DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL Information to strangers. How the hell do you win anything without playing. Dammm these Nigies ever dont give up.

A  21st of Sep, 2010 by
Yes, I almost fell for this Nokia fraud/scam thing. A certain Mr Victor (cell phone number: 073 338 6425) told me that my price of R260, 000 will be handed to me in Cape Town, Nokia Building, 107 Mandela Drive. Luckily I am wide awake!!! Beware people Mr Victor is a con artist!!!
A  28th of Sep, 2010 by
i also fel for this scam, lst wik they send me an sms saying i won 95, 000 and i called them and told me 2 buy R180 mtn airtym of which i did and today this morning the insurance wants me to diposit R2, 050 SO THAT MY FILES CAN BE PROCESSED ASAP!! cn u bliv it those ppl nely had so plz be very cafeful and alet at all times iv learned that de hard way.
D  7th of Oct, 2010 by
Morning guys! Yesterday i received a message reading like this;congratulation! It is our pleasure to notify you that your sim number has won the sum R95.000 and nokia E65from our Nokia yearly promotion .Your pin is yx2 contact your claim agent Mr Justice on 078 4186 410 make sure your pin is activated by your claim agent before transfer. So; i have been searching till i find this web page.ofm comments.

N  22nd of Dec, 2010 by
Hy! @ 3h30 i received an sms sayingg congratulations you won won r95 000 yr no was randomly selected in nokia promoawards, / 2010/with ticket no call mr mark @ 0736420041 i cal hm he sd i must buy 3 by r200 tlkm prepaid 2 actvt my no. Lucky i did not i call mtn thy sd no that a scam. To nokia company is it true o fls. Nokuthula kwamakhutha
N  17th of Feb, 2011 by
I also got the sms claiming I've won R195.000 with ref # 019NKP, and that I must call Mrs Ndeya, when I called a nigerian guy answered and said I must buy Telkom recharge voucher and call him back to transfer the funds, and he said I must sms my physical add and the name, the sms was sent from a # 078 173 9362 but the number I was to call was 071 805 9163, Nokia please you need to save poor and desperate people out of these scammers
N  25th of Mar, 2011 by
25/03/2011 this scam is still circulating. I was one of the lucky ones to check first and so I have not bought the airtime yet.
The sms read that I had won 175 000.00 with the name and number of the person that I should call. I did call this person, Bridget Masina, who advised me to purchase 3x110.0 Vodacom Vouchers in order to get my prize. Her no is 0786373307. Please be aware!!
A  19th of Aug, 2011 by
I just received an sms that I have won R95000. I phoned the number 073 816 2862 and the guy I spoke to said that I need to send my ID number Bank details and my name... I almost did this as I could realy use the money. Then I decided that I will first see what promo's Nokia have. This is ###. Why can we not do something about these thiefs????????

Nokia Logo Nokia