Nokia / poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a nokia 3250 on 22/8/2006. I worked nicely and during feb 2007, its display had a mega pixel problem. I went to nokia care center and there the person in charge saw that. He replaced the display with a another nokia 3250 which was there with them (I again emphasis the fact that they did not replace with a new one, rather changed it with the one already existing with them). But all in all my purpose was served that's why it did not matter for me that how they repaired it but it only mattered that my mobile got repaired.
Now my mobile again had a problem, it is functioning all right but without display. I again went to the nokia care. He opened the mobile and showed me the back of mobile's screen. There according to him was a spot which indicated that some liquid went into the mobile. I assured the person that the mobile was in my pocket and was working well but when its battery finished and I charged it, its display was gone.

That person insisted me that I may go to chandigarh, but refused to listen me any more. I just want to ask nokia whether we, the customer are at the mercy of these people. I am assuring this thing that no liquid went in.

It is not a big thing for me to get the display changed for rs.2000 / - (As I confirmed its price). But please tell me that why the customer is left a the mercy of this kind of rude people, who don’t know the value of a customer and neither they know how to deal with them.

I request nokia to get my mobile repaired through that very person or tell me not to buy a nokia product in future.

Comments

• Ni
      26th of Jul, 2007

I am using 5300 mobile, I went to nokia care in eldams road Teynampet for virus cleaning, The mobile was in good working condition when i gave them. When i went back to collect it the staff who work there says that the mobile is locked up in the cupboard and you will get only tomorrow as the other staff has left home and when i went on the next day the staff said the mobile has to be given in main branch for the service, so i got a doubt and checked with nokia customer care. They said there is no nokia care in that area itself, so i asked them to give back the mobile when they gave me the mobile the mobile was not working.

People beware!!!

• Pr
      14th of Aug, 2007

I had taken my Nokia n73 to the service center at Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata on 16 July 2007 which is under warranty. I had been given a job sheet paper vide number 6100192804. There had been a network problem. This cell also had given problems earlier and had to repair from center. I had been told to come to inquire on 20th July. While I went there, they told that it was not repaired so far and told to come next week. Agian I went there, then I had been told that it would be replaced and told me to come on 4th Aug. Again I went there. But again they told me to come on next week. Again I went there. Then I had been told that it was ready to dispatch and told me to wait. After that one of the official told me to collect the older one, which was supposed to be replaced. I then asked why so much time delayed. The person then told me to wait for a while again. After that he told me to replace only the motherboard and nothing else. Here my question is that what is the system of replacement? Anyway I refused that kind of practice. Again they told me to come in next week. I came to know now that this has not been replaced as well.

21st of Aug, 2007

I had a defect in my mobile (model - 3250) which was brought on 08-08-2006. All of a sudden it went to offline mode and was not recognizing the sim. SO I approached Nokia priority the very next day that was on 23-07-2007 for servicing, they took my mobile and asked to come after three days. I went on 27-07-2007 and the status was READY. I felt happy thinking my mobile is ready to use, but once i got my number for dispatch, I was shocked by seeing that nothing was done. It was the same as I had given. It was not repaired and everything was the same.But i was wondering how they had made the status of my cell as READY.

So I asked them what have you done..? So he said me that this cell cannot be repaired and it has to be replaced. I said OK, fine, I will wait. He gave me a new form with the delivery date as 10-08-2007, i went on 11th but they asked to come on 16-8-2007 as it was not yet come. Fine, I went on 17th but they said that the mobile has reached CHENNAI and you can come on 25-08-2007.I was wondering if the mobile is coming via speed post or some person is bringing it by walk from CHENNAI to BANGALORE. Anyways, let me wait and check what happens this week. I would request concern individual or team to check what the F... is happening with NOKIA servicing support. Why are they not keeping up their commitments inspite of giving my mobile number to update me with the status or when to come and when not to come. They do not respond properly to the customers, they are irresponsible, arrogant, not committed and takes shouting from each and every customer who has come down there for their mobile queries.

• Ra
      25th of Aug, 2007

Sir your service are very poor my set are repair last 45 days but service center our no resonce

• Aj
      28th of Aug, 2007

Nokia don't have ears to customer complains. After sales their service is very poor. I have been to their service center for few times to repair my phone and you can see a big queue standing in front of you from there you loose interest to forward to stand in the queue.

May be Nokia don't have ears due to their big pie of market share they enjoy today. Their phones always hangs the clarify of the incoming and outgoing voice is very poor in some phones. From my previous experience I have no interest to call or visit Nokia to get it rectified due to their "NO ears for customers" behavior. I am not sure how long Nokia will enjoy this privilege of having big pie of Market share is questionable??

Thanks for Nokia for their extraordinary poor service.

Ajoy

31st of Aug, 2007

I have purchased Nokia N-91 in October-2006 but unfortunately my handset faced a problem of poor outgoing and incoming voice quality in the month of may 2007 and was under warranty. I gave my handset for repair to Nokia care center at in April. They repaired my handset twice but still the same problem was there, then they sent my mobile to head office and in head office they repaired my handset twice but was unable to repair my handset and I received the same problem. Now they have sent my mobile for third time to head office and till now I have not received my mobile and your nokia care center i.e. AA electronics and customer care support i.e. 30303838 have not given me any information about my mobile and when I will receive it.

• Ka
      8th of Sep, 2007

Given my Nokia E70phone for repair on August 7, 2007 - Job sheet No.
    174434038/070807/44. Haven't received repaired phone after 32 days. Called – Nokia Care - Many times, no updates on delivery / expected date of Delivery - couldn't get any dates for delivery of the Handset.

Called many time to Nokia Call Centre after 2-3 calls - on August 28, 2007 - Care center took a complaint - Number: 2-2CXLOT – with a promise of response after 48 Hours. Couldn't get any update on the status after 48 Hours ( Called twice on August 30, 2007). Nokia executive requested for 24 more hours. After many calls ( almost daily) I would get response from Nokia call center to contact Nokia Care Center on September 5, 2007.

Contacted Nokia care center on September 8, 2007, I was informed that your handset will be replaced as the phone is not repairable, but couldn't get any updates on When??? It has been very frustrating experience to get my Phone getting repaired from Nokia. Even after one month, I couldn’t get any update from Nokia on when my Phone will be delivered.

• Al
      11th of Sep, 2007

I had given the handset to Global Communication F-6A Janak Palace, District Center, Janakpuri New Delhi.
    Phone: 9315602279
    Email: samsungpnp@yahoo.com

For the problem of low hearing while talking on phone, when i received the handset with more problem like screen problem / scratches & roughly used. When i went to receive the my phone. Nobody was attending me for two hours. Its really pathetic N O K I A. The image of the company is in vain!

• Rb
      12th of Sep, 2007

1. Complaint lodged for battery replacement, based on their advisory on 28th August 2007.
    2. Website says that battery replacement delivery underway on same date.
    3. Nokia local center says that if I had not lodged the complaint on the website, they can do it on the spot.
    4. Their phone lines are unreachable and is a payable call, cross country. You are put on hold for 10 to 15 minutes with some ad messages, and then you give up.

Fu**ed company, fu**ed service. What a shame. Boycott NoKia!!!

• Ad
      19th of Sep, 2007

I received a text message to say I had won an amount of 91000.00 GBP I had to email back to Dr. Anthony Floyd to verify and he would then send me a payment release document. I have not yet received the document but he has asked me for my preferred courier so that Nokia can send me a cheque. I have since spoken to Nokia in the UK and they have confirmed it is a scam. Dr Floyd also said that Nokia UK would not confirm the promotion because they are worried about fraudsters and they would email me documents.

22nd of Sep, 2007

As i buy the new NOKIA N-91 series mobile from one of mine friends nokia gallery... on 11th AUG 2007. from 3rd week the mobile started giving problems over the problems... it hangs, it heats up while on call. I took this at a cost about 13,000 indian Rs. But no one is helping me as the dealer is saying ur mobile is sent to service center but already the 1 month is to completed after i buy the mobile.

Previously i was using ERRICSSON but i thought nokia will be mine nest choice but i was wrong... all are bloody liars... for providing services.

25th of Sep, 2007

I work in HCL Comnet and I had given my 16 days old phone N5700 in Nokia Care in Green Park. I was told on Sat that you will get your phone on Monday and i was told that these are the numbers please call and come. I called those numbers more than 100 times but either it comes Number Busy or the phone is ringing no one picks up the phone. It is really ridiculous. How they are handling customers are so bad. I really don't know what to do. I am fed up the nokia services!!!

• De
      17th of Oct, 2007

I have given my phone on 30th August, since then every time a new complaint occurs and I am Fed with NOKIA phones. They are good for nothing. I will suggest not to buy NOKIA!

2nd of Nov, 2007
    Nokia N73 - Poor service!
    India

I purchased my cell phone on 3 August, 2007 and within a month its joystick started to get stuck. Even the phone gets hanged up. When i went with my complaint to the nokia care center, person sitting there misbehaved with me. They told me that the cell will take a month to get repaired and when i asked for the standby cell, they refused for it. I had mailed my complaint to nokia care but it went unnoticed. I am totally dissatisfied by the service being provided to me.

• Co
      25th of Jan, 2008

my N95 had planty of problems - in 6 months since i bought this phone - mostly is displaying ''SIM card registration failed'' among many other failures that it displays.. tell no 2068024811

• Th
      13th of Feb, 2008

POOR SERVICE NOKIA PHILIPPINES

I WENT TO NOKIA ALABANG TOWN CENTER IN THE PHILIPPINES AND CUSTOMER REP DOES NOT DISCLOSED ALL THE NEEDED INFORMATION ABOUT SERVICE AND REPAIR. THEY JUST GOT THE PHONE AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL JUST CALL ME IF MY PHONE IS READY. THEY DID NOT INFORM ME THAT IF I LOST MY PAPER WORK THAT I WILL NEED TO GO TO A LAWYER TO HAVE AN AFFIDAFIT OF LOST AND HAVE IT NOTARIZED. I WAS ABLE TO GET MY OTHER PHONE THE LAST TIME I HAD A PROBLEM BUT APPARENTLY THEY CHANGE THEIR RULES. I ALSO TRIED TO CALL THEM 20 TIMES BUT NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THE PHONE. I AM SO DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAY ARE HIRING FOR CUSTOMER CARE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES IS NOT COMPETENT AT ALL. THEY CANNOT PERFORM THEIR JOB EFFECTIVELY, THEY ARE LAZY TO ANSWER THE PHONE .

• Ka
      18th of Jul, 2008

I have submitted the complain last one month my complain no KCC-25695 United mobile ph =5879772-3 in Clifton. but till date not hand over me . who is responsible and what I do .for this duration why you not take me mobile for using. i am so angry on your service. Now issue me a new mobile with plenty.

• At
      28th of Jul, 2008

yah...nokia alabang is a disgrace to nokia...
    theyve told me that my phone is ok for pick up and theyve replaced that part that need to replaced..after 2 months of waiting..f@*K...they dont even change a thing..as if they inform about the repair...

its sucks having my phone been with them for 2 months after a wik of usage..

• Pi
      17th of Mar, 2009

I gave my phone in on the 12th of February 2009 at Cellectro for the following problems:

No one could hear me talking and the phone kept on switching off at any given time.

The phone was sent to Nokia Pretoria. The phone's mic was replaced by Nokia. The phone was however returned with a report indicating that the phone had liquid damage and that Nokia is not prepared to repair the phone. Johan at Cellectro investigated the matter and found that the liquid damage Nokia is referring to is on the spot where they replaced the mic. It is expected on me to pay R550 to have it fixed. Johan however had severall meetings with the people of Nokia, which kept on passing the buck.

As I am in desperate need of my phone, as this is my business phone I ordered Johan to repair the phone.

To me this is unacceptable that I have to pay for repairs which is not my fault. I however had no other choice as I am losing thousands, due to the fact that I do not have my business phone.

I would like you to investigate as I feel it is unfair towards me that I have to pay for a fault that is made by Nokia for something that I cannot be held responsible.

Kind regards
    Pieter Louw

• Ag
      3rd of Jul, 2009

TO ALL CELLPHONE USER: Think a million times before buying a NOKIA cellphone again!

It seems that all NOKIA service centers were instructed not to repair "intentionally" all defective units brought to them by loyal clients. Their poor service is intentionally done so the clients will give-up their defective phone and buy a new unit. SORRY TO YOU NOKIA! Stop fooling your loyal clients! Rendering poor after sale service by your irresponsible service attendants will lead to your downfall because all of us "your former loyal clients" have switched to SONY ERICSON like what my children and their friends did.. all of us now are using SONY ERICSON which is far better and has more excellent features than your Nokia phones.

We all agreed to spread to everyone the disgusting and very poor service of NOKIA vs. the excellent service and features of the reasonably priced SONY ERICSON cellphone units.

Better change your service center's name to : "NOKIA DOESN'T CARE CENTER", 'cause you really don't care giving headaches to your valued clients... all you know is give poor service. The motto that perfectly fits you is: "MONEY IS OUR PRIORITY -- SERVICE IS A WASTE OF MONEY" We can't wait to see your downfall!