Nokia / software problems

1 Indonesia Review updated:

Dear Mr. Jha,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

I thank you for your feedback.

In addressing your concerns, Nokia assesses each situation on equal standing and it is dedicated to finding reasonable and fair solutions to any issues that Nokia customers may experience with their Nokia products. Nokia will honour any Nokia mobile phone as long it is within the warranty guideline.

I assure you that the Nokia Care Center is looking into your concerns and will revert to you once the mentioned patch is received.

Please take note that replacements are at the discretion of the Nokia Care Center's technicians and phones are only replaced with the same model in the event that the Nokia Care Center are not able to repair the phone.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in this matter.

You may like to visit our website at www.nokia.co.id for more information and support for your Nokia device. If you have further enquiries, please write to us again or contact Nokia Careline at [protected]. We operate between the hours of 7.30am and 10.00pm, seven days a week.

Please help us improve our services by completing the Nokia E-mail Satisfaction Survey from the following link: www.nokia.co.id/caresurveys

Kind regards,

Yogeeta G.
Nokia Careline

Do you know you can now update your phone software at your own convenience? Visit www.nokia.co.id/support to check if your phone model is supported and download the "Nokia Software Updater".

[THREAD ID:2-2UFWUN]

----Original Message-----

From: vinay@ptsai.com
Sent: 28/05/2007 15:03:20
To: ext-custservice@nokia.com
Subject: Nokia - Vinay Jha - Customer Feedback

Dear Selvaraj,

Thanks for the prompt reply after 5 days.

As per the below mail from your side you say that "Nokia does take all precautionary measures to ensure that phones are fully repaired prior to being released from the Nokia Care Center (NCC)", but how can such a thing happen. You should understand that when a person like me who have spent so much big amount on Mobil phone and if he is getting any problem from the beginning itself, what will be going to be in future.

How can I suggest any one for the Nokia Handset if the things are like this happen?

You say that I have to give to the NCC and they will help me to solve the problem. This I had already done before. But still they have not find out the solution for the problem and asking me to wait wait wait,
they have already reported the problem to Jakarta office and will received the patch soon. Why should I wait such a long time, when I have already made the payment for the set and not able to use it properly?

I suggested them it is better you replace me the phone with some other model in which there is no bug. But they tell that they don’t have any facility like that.

I am really feeling sorry, why I believe so much on Nokia Handset.

I have already visited twice in the NCC, but still wait wait wait, and they will inform me as soon as they receive the updated software.

Henceforth how can I spend such a big amount of silly handset from Nokia. So I once again request you to please replace my old N80 set with some other model which is not having such bugs.

Awaiting for a positive reply from your side.

Please feel free to say the truth.

Thanking you,

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: Nokia - Vinay Jha - Customer Feedback[THREAD ID:2-2TJVWD]
[T20070523000PS010Z759900]

> Dear Mr. Jha,
> Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.
> I thank you for your feedback and allow me to assure you that Nokia
does
take all precautionary measures to ensure that phones are fully repaired
prior to being released from the Nokia Care Center (NCC). The experience
that you have encountered is not typical of Nokia's level of product
quality, customer service and reliability. Please note that I have
documeted
your concerns today and your case reference number with the Nokia
Careline
is SR2-[protected].
> Nokia assesses each situation on equal standing and it is dedicated to
finding reasonable and fair solutions to any issues that Nokia customers
may
experience with their Nokia products. Nokia will honour any Nokia mobile
phone as long it is within the warranty guideline.
> Pertaining to your Nokia N80 issue, it needs to be assessed once again
at
Nokia Care Centre (NCC). I understand that this may not be an ideal
option
for you; nevertheless, I am confident that the NCC will be able to
resolve
your phone issue as soon as possible. I suggest contacting the Nokia NCC
to
advise them of your arrival and arrange a convenient time to have your
phone
sent in. This will ensure that you are not made to wait for a long
period of
time.
> I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and greatly
appreciate
your understanding and patience in this matter.
> You may like to visit our website at www.nokia.co.id for more
information
and support for your Nokia device. If you have further enquiries, please
write to us again or contact Nokia Careline at [protected]. We operate
between the hours of 7.30am and 10.00pm, seven days a week.
> Please help us improve our services by completing the Nokia E-mail
Satisfaction Survey from the following link: www.nokia.co.id/caresurveys
> Kind regards,
> Pat Selvaraj
> Nokia Careline
> Do you know you can now update your phone software at your own
convenience? Visit www.nokia.co.id/support to check if your phone model
is
supported and download the "Nokia Software Updater".
> [THREAD ID:2-2TJVWD]
> [State:semarang / indonesia]
> [Postal:50194]
> [Feedback:Dear Sir / Madam,
> I have purchased one hand phone N - 80 on 03 / 05 / 07 ( 3rd of may
from Sinar Mas Selluler, Ciputra Mall,Simpaglima, Semarang, Indonesia.
> IMEI No. ---- [protected]
> S / N No. ---- 0540859 ( APAIDY074828232 )
> KRC No. ---- SEJ 678637
> When I was making a call and the mean time recording also then phone
was
automatic turned off and turned on and obviousely couldn't complete my
call..
> I immidiately complain to Nokia Care,Jl Pemuda no. 139 in Semarang
(repair order SMG: G No. 011579), They installed that software as there
was
software problem.
> Now after software update (ver 4.07) that problem,one new problem
came.Now
I can not use the function *555# for cheking my account (Mentari).
> Person of Nokia Care is telling that again software problem and when
they
will receive that software then only I will get repaired that hand
phone.
> Really I don't understand that if there is software problem,why u r
selling that item?????????????
> Why should I wait for the so called new software????????????????
> If there is software problem like this I don't want this phone and
could
not wait for your software as this is not my mistake.
> Henceforth better replace this hand phone with other set or other
model.
> Please reply me soon.
> Thnking you,
> Vinay]

Comments

• St
      2nd of Dec, 2010

The same problems I have received with my Nokia phone and the same rubbish I have been receiving from Nikia Customer Service dept over the months

Nokia - software problem
    Nokia mobiles
    India
    nokia.com

Dear sir,
    I am rajesh menon from pondicherry, india. i have NOKIA n900 purchased from dammam u.a.e. here nokia care persons and nokia head office persons not helping me for softwere re-installation, its not under warranty, its a pay service .problem is i have the version 21.2011.38 in my mobile and the same version is available here in pondicherry nokia care but they refuse to do that . a gentle ma mr.sujin from customer care told me that nokia care or head office ll not respond if it will dead while do softwere reinstallation, also told me (WITH OUT KNOWING) that nokia care ll have lower version than i have in my mobile( the softwere in nokia suit also ll have the same version ), but when i get this problem itself i enquired nokia care mr.john (service eng) that they have the same version 21.2011.38 but the will send the mobile to head office, if it is not possible at there they ll replace the mobile ( even though its a paid service ) . when i went there they refuse to do so coz it purchased not from india . my mobile is in brand new condition, i am not claiming warranty,

Following are the conversations that i made with nokia through mail

1. From me 26 July 2012

got one N900, problem is when any call missed its popup shows that you have one missed call but when i wana see its say no recent calls, its not saving any log of calls what ever dialed, received or missed 2ndly when any msg/text comes to mobile its show that msg and i can read it but after back to menu where that msg gone i don't know, even i can't see sms option in mobile to read msgs !! i did update to latest ver, by nokia update but mobile still save problem, please tell me if you have any solution it will really great help
    Thanks in advance
    rajesh menon

From nokia

The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807

This e-mail is in reference to the concern which your facing with your Nokia N900.

We know how important this is for you and we look forward to provide you with the necessary assistance.

As one of our valued customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary objectives. We request you to kindly revert with the below mentioned details so that we can escalate your case to our concerned department and assist you in the best possible way.

* Nokia Care Centre Name and contact number(where you have visited).
    * Your alternate mobile phone number.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you of continuous support.

Dimple Tharwani

2. From me 29 July 2012

a mail send you earlier (The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807). it purchased in saudi Arabia, but not in warranty . i req care person for software re- instillation against paid service basis but they refuse it . what can i do then, pls give ma a solution . we(indians) believed nokia so that we purchase our brand even though we go any country.
    Note : i called customer care 080-30303838 june 22 nd and 25 th regarding this they told they ll get back but no one do so still, this is pathetic.

The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807

This email is in reference to the concern regarding service provision of Nokia care centre.

We value the importance of the information that you are seeking and we are happy to assist you.

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that the matter would be looked into on a priority basis. To look into your concern further and assist you in the best possible way, we require below mentioned details so that we could look into the matter.

1. Nokia Care Centre address and contact number
    2. Your alternate contact number

Mukesh Kumar

3. From me 2 july 2012

Dear sir,
    initially over the phone i asked nokia care in Pondicherry about my mobile problems the manager connect to software engineer and that eng asked some “kurl” and “code” i gave all details displayed backside of battery and he told that he have the same version that my mobile have i.e-21.2011.38 and it didn’t work. Also they are sending particularly n900 to head office only, and if it is not possible in head office itself they ll replace some other device.
    Nokia care pondicherry - 0413 3194000
    also enquired in tiruvannamalai there they have the lower version (20.2010.36.2) but in my mobile its 21.2011.38, so they refuse to reinstall and told me that if they do the device may dead .
    Nokia care tiruvannamalai - 04175 227337, 9444758292, 9600300045

From nokia

Dear Rajesh,

The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that the matter would be looked into on a priority basis.

We acknowledge, the information received from you and have forwarded the same to the concerned department. Kindly be assured that the concerned team would contact you in the next 48 working hours.

You may kindly note that the our higher department would decide to service the phone or swap it with a working unit depending on the nature of concern in the phone and the level of servicing required.

Mukesh Kumar

4. FROM ME

Dear sir,

Aprox 30 days over when i got this problem and start approach to nokia, while i contact nokia customer care they would not response, latter then i contact this mail thing to convey my difficulty. for your kind reference .. nobody contact me till now, kindly do some thing to a deep faith on nokia by a indian.
    Regards
    Menon

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807.

This e-mail is in reference to the service provision of your Nokia N900 device.

In response to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that we have already escalated your case to our concern department and we assure you, one of our senior executive will be contacting you at the earliest and they are working on the same. We seek your patience and further solicit your co-operation.

Aniket Singh

FROM ME

Regards
    Menon

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

The Service Request No. is 1-12763634807.

This e-mail is in reference to the service provision of your Nokia N900 device.

In response to your email, we would like to update you that your case has already been escalated to our concerned department and its been looked into on a priority basis. Kindly be assured that a representative from our relevant department will contact you at the earliest to assist you further.

Aakriti Saxena

13th of Jul, 2012

Normally Nokia n900 does not have software support from meamo, also it is problematic like n97, its their fault . normally Nokia swap the mobile and offer some other hand set if you purchase here in india, even if it is not in warranty. Nokia know the problems and also know how to avoid their losses through these kind of cheep policy's and conditions ..like purchased in abrod or water log or physical damage... but in this case yours is in brand new condition so only tool they have is... purchased in dammam.. abroad... if you are claiming warranty its OK.. but you are not, which means it cant serviceable like china mobile.
    INDIANS ARE GOING AWAY FROM NOKIA IN PHONE AND WINDOWS IN PC... SURE YOU LL LOSE YOUR MARKET SHARE VERY SOON .

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please write to us on nokiaindiadigitalmarketing@ovi.com and provide us with the following details

1. Contact Number
    2. Your Location
    3. Device IMEI number.

We will have someone from the team connect with you. Please mention your name on subject and add your contact in the email.

Do include the complaint link in order to speed up the process.

Team Nokia India.

Locating a Nokia Care Centre (NCC) is very Easy !
    SMS “NCC” & send it to 55555, within few seconds you will receive the list of NCCs in that city.

23rd of Jul, 2012

Whatever has happened, has happened Good
    Whatever is happening, is happening Good
    Whatever will happen in the future, will happen Good
    What did you loose?
    Why do you cry?
    What did you bring to loose?
    What did you create to go as waste?
    Whatever you took, you took it from here
    Whatever you gave, you gave it here
    Whatever is yours today will be someone else's tomorrow
    Another day it will be somebody else's
    This is the rule of the World