Nokia / uk nokia promo

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I receivedan sms saying my number has won me 100, 000.00 pounds in the UK NOKI promtion, they even gave me a claim code and everything, and asked me to e-mail them back on the e-mail unokia@live.com, please notice that it is @live.com and not @nokia.com, I didn't notice it in the beginning, they send me back this form to fill up,

Congratulations, we have received your claim request for the UK Nokia promo. Your cell phone number has been chosen to receive the prize of (£100, 000.00) One Hundred Thousand British Pounds and a E61i Nokia mobile telephone.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversry we rolled out over £2, 000.000.00 (Two Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 50, 000 mobile numbers, from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London UK.This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Outlined herein are the terms and conditions for claiming your prize: Employees of Nokia world wide and their relatives are excluded from participating in this program.You have ten days from today to complete the claim or you forfeit the prize.

Indicate the courier company suitable for you or your region. All processes regarding the delivery of your cheque through your selected courier service will be carried out at your expense. As the winner you are responsible for the courier costs in sending the cheque to you. These charges are non-deductible from the cheque because your winnings is protected by a hard cover insurance policy which makes it immposible to deduct any amount from your won prize. If you agree to the terms and conditions, fill in the required information and submit.
FULL NAME:

Choose your Mode of Delivery:
DHL ============== 320GBP
Fedex ============= 375GBP
UPS ======================== 389GBP

All submitted information is kept in the strictest confidence. No part of the information provided will be given out to any third party. Complete this form correctly and make sure you fill in the Claim Code you received in the text notification. Information provided here will be used to process your claim.

NOTE: YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET BACK WITH THE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT FOR YOUR DELIVERY BECAUSE OUR DELIVERY DEPARTMENT WOULD NEED THE PAYMENT SLIP WHEN PROCESSING YOUR DELIVERY WITH THE COURIER COMPANY OF YOUR CHOICE.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 42nd Anniversary Draws.

I wish to congratulate you on your won prize and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

...
This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

I filled it up and then they sent this back

This is to inform you that your verification is complete and your cheque is with our delivery Department ready to be delivered to you by your choice of delivery (DHL)to your address which you already provided and with regards to requirement, you are required to make the payment of £320GBP (THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS) for the delivery charges of your parcel containing your winning cheque of £100, 000GBP (ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS) and your Nokia Mobile phone via DHL.

You are required to make this payment via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER in the name of the Accounts officer of DHL UK. You are to locate the nearest Western Union office around you and make the payment.

Accounts Officer

RECEIVER'S NAME:Mrs Stacy Williams

RECEIVER'S COUNTRY:
London, England.

Amount: £320GBP (THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS)

The following payment information should be sent to this office via email for confirmation.

NAME OF SENDER:
ADDRESS OF SENDER:
AMOUNT SENT:
MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER:

You are to send to us a scanned copy of the payment slip via email for confirmation of payment done by you, and once our Accounts department confirms your payment, your parcel will be delivered to you immediately.

...

Then I realised it's a scam, because I'm not sending the money to a corporation I'm sending it to an individual, when I asked how to make sure this is no scam they sent this,

Thanks for your swift response. You are required to make this payment because our delivery department needs the payment slip when processing your delivery with the delivery company of your choice. Also because DHL does not do COD for international deliveries. Lastly we can not deduct from your prize because your prize is protected by a hard cover insurance policy which makes it impossible for anyone to deduct any amount from your won prize. In light of the above explanation, proceed to make the payment as instructed as we are under legal obligation to deliver. Once again congratulations

...

Then, I mentionned another scam complaint that I found here: Nokia Complaints - They get a money from me, they answered:
Thanks for your swift response. We are aware of people stealing other winners information and trying to scam others. We are quite aware about it so you have to be very careful by protecting your informations in respect to your winnings. This is also to inform you that all double claims will lead to disqualification. Feel free to call me anytime, Once again congratulations

Copyright © 2008 Nokia. All rights reserved

please note these people will do anything to ripp you off, be aware, I didn't fall for it, I hope noone does, that's why I'm filling this up

Comments

• Gh
      25th of Sep, 2008

Hi to nokiauk I've recevied a mesge form nokiauk that i have won 130, 000GBP is it right my moil Number 0096899456494?
    and i've been asked to sent 465GBP to Cherian Joseph coudtry unit 98 bond gate nuneaton war wickshire cv114AL UK, ineed your help to find out is it true or not?

• Vi
      27th of Sep, 2008

ddnt u just read wat i wrote down! there are many complaints that this isnt true, if u wanna try be my guest, but do u think a delivery costs this much!

• Ni
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I live in the caribbean so we have never really been privy to this kind of information. sadly i think my close friend just got scammed through this imaginary nokia txt message lotto promo. they have lost a lot of money within the last 2 weeks. can anything be done? i mean a lot of certificates were sent tha mae everything seem real from real offices in theUN WITH official bank stamps and all that. sigh... i would really love some advice legal or otherwise.

• Pa
      15th of Oct, 2008

Congratulations, we the staff of NOKIA congratulates you as one of our lucky winners. Your mobile number have won you the sum of £172, 000.00 GBP (One Hundred and Seventy Two Thousand Great British Pounds) and your cheque have been issued in your name (Ms. Palmeera Pereira).

• Li
      20th of Oct, 2008

Hahaha...i just got the exact same sms in my nokia phone, saying that i've won 250k pounds!!! From where i live, thats nearly a million dollars!!! BTW, i'm in malaysia. It says for claims call Hall Peters. Sheesh!

• Ke
      22nd of Oct, 2008

i also got the sms from hall peters and i call him he told me to wait for the e-mail..m still waiting no replay...no emails...so do huryyyyy...i am going crazzyyy...

• Sh
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Ihave got same message from nokia that i have won 250, 000 pounds. Has anyone got the real money or it is only a joke Please inform, I will also inform others, MY CONTACT No- 00 9873984630

• Ho
      26th of Jan, 2009

nice to see that it is an international scam :)
    at least it is nice to feel that u have won something in the first few seconds esp. when they reply by a confirmation email
    well latest # is 300000 pounds of ### i guess for Nokias 40th aniv plus they will send E61i as a gift :)
    take care all and hope no one buys this foolishness...

14th of Feb, 2009

Hey I live in Lebanon, a small Arab country in South East Asia, I did recieve a message from Nokia too claiming that I won 300 000 pouds, at first sight I thought it was 300 000 Lebanese pounds=equivalent to 150 US Dollars, which seemed as a resonable prize, but then when I found out that it was in UK currency I suspected it to be a scma, this is why I immediatly did a google search abt the topuc and found this page, thank u for sharing your experience which pevented me from beong cheated off!!!

• Ka
      21st of Feb, 2009

Yup I'm from lebanon too...Thank you for being part of our 40th Anniversary of making Nokia Mobile telephones. Congratulations, we have received your claim information for the Nokia UK promo
    Thanks a lot for this thread.

• Mo
      13th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for being part of our 40th Anniversary of making Nokia Mobile telephones. Congratulations, we have received your claim information for the Nokia UK promo.

After you have received your prize of 600, 000 pounds, we will invite you and your immediate family on an all expense paid trip for a weekend to the United Kingdom for a TV show that will air this year on TV, showcasing winners of the Nokia 40th anniversary promotion. As a promotional gift, you will also receive a Nokia E61i mobile telephone. This promo is approved by the UK Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

Outlined herein are the Nokia Claim Rules:
    This is an independent promotion. No purchase necessary
    any entries without valid claim codes and numbers will be declared void. Any entry late, lost or tampered with will be declared void. Employees of Nokia and their relatives are excluded from participating in this program.

All requirements must be provided.
    Claimants displaying conducts considered improper when replying will be ignored and disqualified.
    You are obliged to have your name published as a winner.
    At this point, it is pertinent we emphasize that under no circumstance whatsoever does Nokia charge any kind of fee or request for any amount of money from winners to process their claim. A double claim will nullify your winnings. Do read and understand the terms contained herein before proceeding because youragreement to the Claim rules of Nokia is binding by law and must be followed through. Once you are sure you understand these rules and you wish to proceed, then you should provide the following requirements: Full Name:Mobile Number:Claim Code:Country:Occupation:

Note: When we receive your informations, you will be contacted by our courier company (delivery company) here in the United kingdom as they are the ones to bring your cheque to you. However, if you want us to transfer the funds into your bank account i will advice you provide your bank details for an immediate bank to bank transfer.

You are obliged to have your name published as a winner.

Do read and understand the terms contained herein before responding because your agreement to the Claim rules of Nokia is binding by law and must be followed through.

Charles Green

Nokia International Claims Dept

From Lebanon too

• St
      13th of Mar, 2009

this happened to me too i live in lebanon ..when i first read the sms i said ..ok what to loose it's just an email ...but then i realized it was wrong ..yet i have given up only my phone number and name ..will i have some other problems for that ..i mean is there any other effects other than being scamed ???please reply

• St

Attn:

This is to inform you that your money is in Safe Keeping here. All you have to do as to the requirements is to send us the two names which you will use to receive your money so that we can send 10, 000USD per receiver which will be 20, 000USD per day but if you would like one receiver, that means we can only send 10, 000USD to you per day. Do not bother to ask Western Union in your country about the funds because they are not aware of this transfer. You have to keep everything confidential until i transfer your funds to you, i am saying this because if your transfer reference number is stolen by a second party you might end up loosing your funds and i will not be the one to blame so for that reason you have to keep everything as a secret until i have transferred the funds to you.

Secondly you will be required to make the payment for the safe keeping charges which is 220GBP (TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS). You need to make this payment as your money is in Safe Keeping. That means before our Safe Keeping Department can release your funds, you have to settle that payment immediately and i will authorize your transfer from our office here and you can receive your money from any western union branch or agent close to you. 220 pounds is equivalent to 320 dollars.

Lastly We cannot deduct from your money because it's in safe keeping Department. It's against our policy to take from money that is in our Safe Keeping Sector. With this in mind, Find below the information you will use to make the payment for your Safe Keeping Charges so that we can transfer your funds to you asap.

This payment for the SAFE KEEPING CHARGES is to be sent to Western Union Head office Receiving Casher (Alawuru Nelson) Lagos-Nigeria as the receiver.
    Test Question: code ?
    Answer: 00345.

NOTE: After making the payment via Western Union for the safe keeping charges, you are to send the payment details to us via email as you were instruct. The following details should be send to us.

Senders Name:... Your name

Receivers Name :...Alawuru Nelson
    Mtcn Digit...
    Test Question: ...Code?
    Answer: ...00345
    Amount 220GBP

Note: The longer you leave your money here in safe keeping, the more money you have to pay so the choice is yours but i would advice you to respond asap without further delay.Awaiting your Prompt response. Please don't disclose your Ref Code to any third party.

Thanks for your Understanding and Co-operation.

Best Regards and God Bless.

Rev . Onos Albert
    Tel: +234-805-384-1153

• Mi
      18th of Mar, 2009

I m also from lebanon and I receive the same scam and I played the game by emails by contacting Charles Green and Rev. Pascal Obadan and my last mail to Charles Green was why he sent the money to Nigeria instead of Lebanon and the answer was very funny read it:
    We emphasized that you were not surpposed pay any fee for this prize but as it is now we transferred the funds to Western Union Nigeria because of two reasons: the first reason is due to my non availability in the United Kingdom and the second reason is because of the conflict in the middle east (Conflict between the Palestinians and the Jewish State and we dont know if it will involve Hezbollah). You have to understand that a prize is a prize and if it cannot be given to the winner then it should be taken by he who is giving it out. Just incase there is a problem we wont want to lose 300, 000 pounds for nothing. As for the safe keeping charges we did not pay to them because they informed us that the charges increases every 7 days and we dont know when you will contact them. My non availability is a primary factor. Please contact Western Union and keep the emails coming.

Charles Green.
    I laughted so much when I read the part about the middle east conflict and Hezbollah and stuff.
    hahahahahaha

Finally I want to thank you because this page assured me that this Charles Green is so funny.

• Yb
      21st of Mar, 2009

dear friends
    the same happened to me with charles green &Rev. Pascal Obadan & i live in lebanon too
    they ask me to transfer the amount of 220 pounds& they sad that they cannot transfer the money to lebanon because mr green is traveling to usa for 3months & he transfer money to nigeria to mr obadan
    i think its verry silly & i canot beleive him & i worn all of his tricks
    yasser

• Co
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Hey I'm Lebanese too, poor Lebanese why the hell r they so keen on Lebanese people, we're smartasses and we're renouned for making scams with people especially them, ###in wanna be amateurs, they chose to do it on us Lebanese, idiots! Those r the same nigerian mothe ###'''s who sent me an sms saying that i won a toyota prado!Those ### suckers have addresses in london. The British government should move their buts and crack down on their ### pronto and give them ### meat sandwiches for lunch, what can we do without (Herald and Kumar escape from Guantamo) . I recieved an sms saying that i won 600, 000 pounds still waiting for their reply by email. I suspected that there was somthin wrong after an 1h without a response from them so i googled like the other Leb guy and this page popped infront of me. Those biatches r very crafty, hiding behind a respectable company name like Nokia and requesting that u send them an email to 40yrs@live.com instead of an sms so u would think that u have nothin to loose. U know what, for the sake of having fun and for the sake of all the people who've been scamed i'm gonna go with the flow a bit further and see where it takes me without payin money on the way of corse and in the end im gonna send them a big present of suck my ### ###!By the way don't mess with University of Balamand students ### holes sooner or later ur gonna have rods up ur ### and i hope it's from a Lebanese.

• Mo
      6th of Apr, 2009

Hey I'm Lebanese too
    from south

canot beleive him
    ### you Charles Green

• Al
      28th of Jun, 2009

I have received a sms that I have won 600000pounds in nokia 40yrs celebration.they sent me a claim code and wanted me to send an e-mail to 40yrs@live.com and give them my information and my claim code.
    Can I trust them and send my personal information to them?
    Please answer me as soon as possible.
    Thank you.

• Ad
      31st of Jul, 2009

i have received massage through my praivate e mail that i have won 220000 GBP thy say that my name is mutch with tagged pro and iwon the a mount from nokia promo and thy send me legal award cetificate and ask me to trancfer 450 GBP as charges of transfeir i leave in sudan darfor pls help me if they were not cheat me

• Ab
      23rd of Oct, 2009

hi..
    am from mauritius..
    got a text msg telling the same thing to me..
    but they told me to transfer the money to UPS COURIER by moneygram..
    will the money go to the scammers or UPS??
    plz help me..
    coz am a student and from a low class family..
    my dad passed away last year and my mom works very hard to pay for my exams..
    i don't want to lose my money.