Nokia 6681 / failure to provide correct information and misleading and threatening customer

I am sharing my frustrating and demeaning experience with Nokia Care Centre, Ghansmandi Cross Roads – Hyderabad, A.P. I had given them my brand new Nokia 6681 handset for repair through the Vendor, M/s. Simran Mobiles, who sold the mobile to me. M/s. Simaran mobiles informed me that Mr. Natraj, Service Manager, Nokia Care Center, Hyderabad, has told him that the mobile would be repaired in 2 days time.

When I checked back with Mr. Natraj after 2 days, he told me that a part is not readily available and it would cost me Rs. 800 / -, and the repair will take another 2 days. I agreed to make the payment. I checked again with Mr. Natraj after 2 days, as advised by him, and he told me that the problem would be rectified and the handset will be returned to me in a day or so. At point in time he asked me what the problem is!!. It surprised as well as annoyed me because he was asking this question after keeping the handset for so many days when he I was supposed to return the repaired handset back.

Since I am due to travel I was requesting for a firm date for the return of my repaired handset. As a customer, I was obviously very unhappy with the unprofessional and arrogant behavior of Mr. Natraj, who was not willing to commit me any date. On 14th September 2006, I again contacted Mr. Natraj and he told me that he can not give me any assurance on the date of return of my mobile.

At that point I asked him to put me in touch with his superior (Mr. Pradeep) in that center to resolve the matter, which Mr. Natraj flatly refused. He also threatened me that if I don’t follow the system, he can report anything he likes on the job card and write off my mobile as irreparable and there is nothing that I will be able to do. He also said that the company would only support him in this matter. This was a sickening experience that customers are helpless and at the mercy of the care centers for getting the rightful services due to them. Not only this, Mr. Natraj used very crude and unprintable language to emphasize his points.

What is very difficult to accept that the employee of the Service Center (Mr. Natraj) was swearing of a proclaimed professional and customer centric company (like Nokia) of support in justifying his unethical and rude behavior with the customer. If the company also condones this kind of attitude and behavior from service centers, as claimed by Mr. Natraj, I wonder what course of actions is left to an aggrieved customer!!!

I am also giving this written complaint to Mr. Pradeep (Proprietor Nokia Care center - Ghansmandi) and Mr. Natraj (Assistant Manager – Nokia Care Centre, Ghansamandi) and marking a copy to all concerned to initiate necessary action to see that my grievance is addressed. I am sure that Nokia, India will look into the matter and advise me accordingly.

I can be reached at [protected] and at vikas_saxena@yahoo.com and vikassxn@yahoo.com

1. Pradeep , Nokia Care Center, Secunderabad
2. Simran Mobiles, Siddiamber Bazar, Hyd.
3. Nokia India, Bangalore

A  6th of Mar, 2007 by
NOKIA 6681 - In Warranty.

I am facing a similar issue in Delhi... I have given the handset to the Nokia Service center and now after so many days they are saying that the hand set can not be repaired and the main mother board needs to be changed. And I need to pay for it as it is tampered??? I was taken by surprise as to how could this happen. This is a brand new set that I purchased [box packed]...

Now nobody wants to listen and they say that either you pay or you can keep the dead handset???
N  11th of Jun, 2007 by
I have nokia mobile 2255. His working good but one month later there was network problem is mob didn't show any signal.I am using reliance cdma phone, so i have changed my handset to any other through reliance web world, but after repair when i was swapping my mob to older one i.e nokia 2255 then this mob said after calling *228 is this phone could not activate. Reliance web world executive said that your phone had now still defective. But when i was goon to nokia customer care center then he said this is not our problem.
N  15th of Jun, 2007 by

Nokia 6681 - Poor quality product!

I was using nokia6681 from last 6month. My handset suddenly stop working.
I had send it to nokia care but it doesn't working yet. They denied to give service.

Customer beware!!!
A  20th of Jun, 2007 by
Something very odd happened with me too. My Nokia 6681's display LCD suddenly stopped working. When I gave my handset to Care Center, here in Mulund, Mumbai, they said the LCD is faulty and will be replaced. But after one months delay what the tell me is that PCB (motherboard) of my Phone is cracked broken due to jerk caused, may be, by falling...

Is this a reason?? Does any PCB gets cracked so easily ? Well, I don't think so. The material with which a PCB is made up of is very resistive against sudden shock or jerk. The malfunction of the LCD happened when i was watching a video on smart movie, till half of the video it was working very fine when suddenly the colors on the screen got scattered... how can this be due to my phone's falling down somewhere??

Now they have given me back my dead handset, with which i can only receive or dial calls with no display on!

I guess, all this happened due to carelessness of service personnel, who, while repairing might have damaged my hardware. Just a guess though!!
D  1st of Jul, 2007 by
I am using nokia 6681 for six months. I am suffering a huge problem in it. My phone is in all INDIA one year warranty. I had gone to the nokia customer care center. I have repaired my handset for a lot of time, but i m again suffering the same problem.
N  17th of Sep, 2007 by
dear Sir,
How to Formatted phone Memory.
A  12th of Oct, 2007 by
I am using Nokia 6681 since 1/5 year a got hanging problem of that particular phone regularly!
A  17th of Oct, 2008 by

I have N95 handset which is just 18 monthss older. It is not getting switched on. I have given it for serive in NOKIA CARE CENTER. But, they are saying it cannot be repairable and they even said they took the handset to Nokia service station at different location. Now tell me what should I do ? Is this the quality product from Nokia.

Please find the sheet no and IMEI no below for your reference:
JS NO : 336343506/080823/16
IMEI NO: 354835011327351

Please find the unresponded complaint details below:
Complaint Number: 2-3FAO3V 13/10/2008 Punit

2-3FoR25 17/10/08 Phillomena

The CC executives speak as if they own NOKIA company.

I need a solution before I lodge complaint in cosumer court.

I can be reachable at bhimanna.yaragoppa@airbus.com.

Look forward to hear from you at the earliest.

N  26th of Oct, 2010 by

Nokia 6681 - theft my mobiel

IME NUMBER : 351886013699829
N  2nd of Sep, 2012 by
i have lost my moblie and i want to find it;
nokia 6681
N  2nd of Sep, 2012 by
I found my mobile
I m sorry to post
N  3rd of Sep, 2012 by

Please get in touch with the concerned local authorities.

Nokia India Team.

Locating a Nokia Care Centre (NCC) is very Easy !
SMS “NCC” & send it to 55555, within few seconds you will receive the list of NCCs in that city.

Nokia Logo Nokia