Nokia 6270 / network problems

1 India Review updated:

I have nokia 6270 and having lot of problems with it. Already replaced once bcos of network problems now the replaced one is also having same problem. First one took 3 months to be replaced and now i don't want to send this one cos another 3 months. Nokia has not tested this phone well before launching and they should recall all handsets in the market and provide another working model for free. Do not buy this model anyone...

Mm

Comments

• De
      20th of Oct, 2006

I purchase a nokia 6270 phone as on DT 26.03.2006 at Jamshedpur. A few days later, i faced problem with the handset. It was get signal problem. I went to Nokia service centre at Jamshedpur, they suggest giving in City Centre, Salt Lake, Kolkata. They took the phone said it has a hardware problem and asked me to come after one week. The complain number was G141208. When I went there after 2 weeks they said that the set is faulty and have some hardware problem, which is unrepairable due to unavailability of spare parts, and they said come 10days later & give me a telephone no to ask when ever it was replacing or not. I know that after 15days it was repair. Then I am giving slip to my friend to collect the handset. He collects the handset as on date 14.10.06, saterday. They give the set without checking. I get the set and found the same problem & a new one is that my memory card not working. Then I know from slip my set was exchange. I am very much shock about my set because it was old one (Original unit EMEI/ESN: 357579002896852 & Exchange unit IMEI/ESN: 357579003154764 but when I am know from my set the IMEI no shown 000000000000000). I want to know when you replace the set you are giving new one or oldest. I hope it was the duty to tell the person who is received the set. I am really fed up.

• Pi
      21st of Dec, 2006
    Nokia 3250 - Network problems
    India

Its been three times the same problem has occurred. Date of purchase of Nokia 3250 handset: 19th May 2006.

First complaint: Job Sheet Number 13072. Complaint was filed on 26th September 2006. Set was returned on 21st October 2006.

Second Complaint: Same problem occurred (No network). Handset was given to repair on 5th November 2006. Set was returned on 20th December 2006. Job Sheet number was 14139. And back flap was lost by the company.

Third Complaint: Same problem occurred. Handset given to repair on 21st December 2006. And till date not returned.

Suggest everyone to stay away from Nokia bad products!

• Zo
      27th of Dec, 2006

Subject: Mal- functioning of my handset Nokia 6270

Problem detected: No Network Coverage

Ref: Model No. Nokia 6270 (in warranty) Serial No: 35757 900 6547501 Purchased from ELECTRONIC WAYS A-2/39 Main Market Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-110027 Tel â??01125421700, 25421800 on 7th July 2006, Bill No 9233

Ist Job sheet No (Misplaced) Handset submitted to the HCL Nokia Care Service

Collected back on 22 Oct06

III Job sheet No.1200143464 Handset submitted to the HCL Nokia Care Service
    Center, A-78, Sector 2 Noida U.P on 02 Nov 06 and
    Collected back On 25 Nov 06

I have already got it repaired 3 times and submitted now for the 4th time as referred above to the HCL Nokia Care Service Center, A-78, Sector 2 Noida (UP), Due to the same network problem of a no signal still persists. It works for maximum 2 days after got repaired 3rd time and again the signal goes off

After getting exasperated from service station I registered a compliant on Nokia Help line 30303838 (complaint No 2-1PNYFD, Name-Zorawar Singh, Mob no-9871436933 Date 5122006 Time: 1:00pm

IV Job sheet No.1200419634 Handset submitted to the HCL Nokia Care Service
    Center, A-78, Sector 2 Noida U.P on 4th Dec 06 and
    Collected back on 18.12.2006 )

After collected back on 18.12.2006 the handset again get faulty with same problem of no network on 25.12.2006.Now the handset is with me in faulty condition and now i dont want to give it to HCL Noida (nokia service centre)

This is the last Nokia mobile I bought!

8th of Mar, 2007

I also agree with Sadanand , same thing is happening with me, after 2-3 month my cell was giving error and i was not able to select the operator, i went to one of the gallery he said this is part of wear and tear and so no replacement(even though my cell i am using in best possible way to avoid even a scratch on display) i said ok, give me the estimates, they said it will cost around 1200 Rs, i went to other nokia dealer they said 500 bucks , then i went to a dealer in suburb he said he can do it in 250 rs, i get it done.

Cell worked fine for 3 month, then start giving problem my screen was opening as we start computer in safe mode, they said again it seems u r cell is fallen but as per my knowledge there presumption is -ve, i was in urgency so i said go ahead they said it will be around 950 since strap is to be changed i said ok , then after 3 days when i went to pick it up they said cannot be done some problem ,i will have to get software reinstalled, i said take back up of messages and addresses and then reload once formatted, they said they dont provide this service. I was left with option other than losing my contacts, they formatted it, now navigation is working fine i am confused what is the problem "software " or "Strap" and they have charged me 950 +250 respectively,

But Still i cannot use my cell cannot select network,it is almost 5 days now struggling to get this rectified,

Can some one help me what to do.

• As
      22nd of Apr, 2007

This is one of most pathetic mobile phones launched by nokia... I can not back up the messages... It just backs up inbox and outbox and not my personal or archived folders... And forget about the support... Will never buy this again

• Vi
      9th of Jul, 2007

I am also facing the network problem with Nokia 6270. Within four month of buying this set, this set started working in very strange way. Network problem, battery got discharged with in a day, started automatically etc etc. I took my phone to Nokia service center, Noida. They submitted it and after one month they told me that since this set had some manufacturing defect and hecne could not be rectified by them. They offered me new set of same model (6270).

After 3 months the new set too developed the same issue. Now warranty period is over and I know that Nokia service Center is unable to repair this phone. I spent Rs 17000 for this phone and with in a year this phone is not in working condition. This is hard earned money. I am feeling get cheated by Nokia. I request future buyers that don't go for any Nokia product. Their product is of very poor quality, there services are worst. These people just interested in making money at any cost.

• Pr
      14th of Sep, 2007

I have also facing some problem in time setting in my 6270 nokia mobile.After time set .when i am opening main menu it is going 00.00 hrs .

• Ni
      28th of Sep, 2007

your mobile is not working properly

• Ed
      10th of Dec, 2007

i have nokia 6270 for one year ,it was working so fine and then give me four problems same time 1- no network 2- wrong counting clock 3- battery discharge in 1 day 4- phone restars by it self without notice , i was going to take it to nokia service center although thier bad reputaion here in egypt but after what i read her about this company and this model i'll throw it to the garbage and buy another good mobile phone from a respectable company which respects customers .

• Su
      25th of Aug, 2008

I have network problem with my nokia 3250 I bought it two years ago . the network is okay when i am in open places but in the room its really hard to find networks. Could someone suggest me please???

20th of Apr, 2011

I am using nokia 6270 from last 3 years and facing problems with its sliding, very slow functioning, No Network Coverage issues planning to change the handset now...repaired 2-3 times.