Nokia 6131 / defective handset and no after sale service!

1 India Review updated:

This is my details of my complaint which is already been sent to nokia but no response has been received till date.

1. I purchased subject Nokia handset model number 6131 on 03-06-2006, bill number : 5762 costing Rs.13,300/- (Rupees Thirteen Thousand Three Hundred only). Copy of the bill is enclosed for ready reference from

M/S ONANT COMMUNICATIONS,
BF-91, MAIN ROAD,
JANAK PURI,
NEW DELHI – 110058.
PH :011-[protected], [protected], [protected]
FAX : 011-[protected]

The Nokia handset within 3 months (i.e. warranty period) started giving problems and malfunctioning. The “main display unit” does not get switched on when the flip is opened. Therefore I am unable to navigate to any functions of the Nokia mobile.

2. The defective Nokia mobile was taken to Nokia Care Center, Dwarka (being near proximity to my home) in the first week of September 2006. The address of the Nokia Care Center is as mentioned below : -

M/S Om Ujala Communication
Unit No-203, Sector-5,
Aashirwad Chowk,
Dwarka,
New Delhi - 110075
Contact numbers: [protected]/[protected]

3. Nokia Care Center Dwarka failed to rectify the problem and directed me to the Nokia Care Corporate Office in OKHLA, address of which is as follows : -

M/S BRIGHTPOINT INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
76, OKHLA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,PHASE – 3,
NEW DELHI – 110020
PH : 011-[protected]
FAX : 011-[protected]

3(a). The subject handset was taken to Nokia Care Corporate Office in OKHLA on 11th September 2006 shown to them and the problem was thoroughly explained that the main display was blank. On 11th September 2006 the handset was given for its 1st repair to Nokia Care Corporate Office at OKHLA. On 19th September 2006 evening the handset was collected from Nokia Care Corporate Office at OKHLA stating that that the problem was rectified.

3(b). On the same day the Nokia handset started malfunctioning after 4 hours. The set was again taken to Nokia Care Corporate Office at OKHLA on 22nd September 2006 for its 2nd repair. The job sheet number : DL0114272.

3(c). As the parts were not available for a long time hence the handset was collected on 24th October 2006 after a lapse of 33 days stating that the problem has been rectified. But again the mobile malfunctioned for the 3rd time.

In this way Nokia dealer/company failed to provide me after sales services.

It is intimated that the Nokia handset was used as per instruction manual supplied.

4. The handset cannot be used at all in the absence of the display for which Rs.13,300/- has been paid. If the set is not replaced within 10 days I will have to approach consumer court for seeking justice.

I should also be compensated for the “non-utilization” of the handset since its malfunctioning and for the cost of transportation incurred for handing over and retrieving the handset.

The handset could not be utilized for the features for which it was purchased.

I have exhausted all my resources, even taking the handset to dealer, Nokia Care Dwarka and to Nokia’s biggest Care Center of Delhi i.e. Nokia Care Corporate Office at OKHLA, New Delhi.

Comments

• Pr
      15th of Dec, 2006

I fully agree with this complaint 'cos I'm also facing the similar one.

• Ni
      24th of Jan, 2007

I totally agree with this complaint because me too is facing the same problem with that Nokia Care, Sheed Nagar, BBSR... from 1 month.

• Vi
      10th of May, 2007
    Nokia 6131 - Defective handset
    India

I bought Nokia 6131 in of 08/07/06 in Nokia priority dealer in Hyderabad. I bought it for the amount of Rs.12,395/-. In that phone some problems (camera clarity, phone was restated at the time of talking) I faced one month after that I given to NOKIA Service centre (Infinet ltd, hyderabad). They are replaced my phone, that time also camera clarity was not good. From last two months same problem is coming in this phone also (phone restart) coming that's why i given once again to NOKIA Service centre on april (HCL Infinet ltd). Still i am not get any solution. It's a very bad phone.

4th of Jul, 2007
    Nokia 6131 - Poor quality product!
    India

Since last two months I am having problem with my set 6131. I sent it twice to the east patelnagar HCL center, but to of no use. They kept it with them for two months and returned it without repairing. I am in real trouble without the mobile!

People beware!!!

• Na
      7th of Nov, 2007

I agree with your complaints,'cos I am facing the same problem like blank main display while the flip open. I thing this is a frailer model!

• Do
      4th of Jan, 2008

I fully agree, the service from such a large market leader is pathetic,

My son had purchased the Nokia Model 6085 from your authorised retail outlet Hello World (dt 18th August 2007) This unit failed to work just after less than 3 months from the date of purchase and was given for repair to the authorsed service agent Radiant telecom Ref: IMA # 9884709562).

Even after 45 days this could not be fixed nor was a replacement made.

Many representation to the Nokia's regional Manger in Chennai was even more disappointing.. ( he never once called back )

We would have to take this to the consumer court for redressel.

Regards
    Dorai

• Ad
      11th of Jan, 2008

totally agree..... my nokia 6131 failed to provide the service stated and wouldn't connect me to my service provider, it was sent away to the nokia service centre and they stated the phone had been wet and as the phone was brand new and hardly used due to no coverage at home it was only used a few times when away from home and had not been anywhere near water, but that was the end of that as far as nokia were concerned

• Di
      11th of Apr, 2008

sir i have a cell 6030 and i forgot securty code after entry plz help me my cell has been stoped
    09818541906

• Gu
      7th of Mar, 2009

Normally all mobile compnies are here to sell their products then they left the consumer on the mercy of dealers and the response of the company in such cases are irrresponisive.
    If such is the case then i think consumer has to only buy cheap and best mobile who they can throw incase of any probs. Bcoz in any case there in no one in India who can monitor such cases.

And again how many of us have the time to follow long routes to go to courts and other things. Either system should be so strong that such cases will be taken up soon for hearing and such companies who are haressing their customer will be penalized heavely.

Rgds,