Nokia 6110 Navigator / defective handset

1 South Africa Review updated:

I received a new 6110 nokia Navigator as part of my contract upgrade.

Since then the phone has been checked in with Vodacare no less than 5 times. they cannot repair it and refuse to exchange it. the phone is basically brand new! I have been struggling with it since 2 weeks after I received it -- almost 2 months ago. Vodacare has not been any help at all and their incompetence is nothing short of infuriating.

the past 3 days I have been receiving the same SMS update stating that my phone will be sent to a 3rd party.

what does it take to get a working phone out of these people? its been WEEEKS and all they keep telling me is that they "cant do anything".

the Vodacom Job Numbers I have been given are as follows:

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Nov, 2009

Vodacare are useless!!!
    I had a problem where my speakers keep on distorting
    after less than a year i had it replaced free of charge and then the volume button
    just fell off?????
    now my 611o has been sent in for the second time for the speakers distorting again and now they want to charge me for the same problem again, and said there is structual dammage which there is a slight crack which happened before i took my phone in the first time and nothing was said then?????

I think Vodacare try to get out of fixing phones in their warrenty in the second half of the warrenty