Nokia 6080 / one day battery life, automatic switch off, poor in signal reception!

1 India Review updated:

I am using NOKIA 6080 set purchased on june 2006 from sangeeta shop, jayanagar, Bangalore its IMEI No. is [protected]. I am really wondered that how NOKIA gave me such a worst quality mobile handset. I am really fed up of my set its battery back up is worst the battery life is 1 (one) day and also automatically go off and about the signal reception its very very poor. Panel after 4 days the color started washing. I had NOkia 6030 before nit was very good set after that i sold it and i took Nokia 6080 set now am really unhappy.

Comments

• Aj
      29th of Jul, 2007

NOKIA 6080
    Posted: 2007-07-14 by Pareekshit. M. Chitaguppi [send email]

Dead, One day battery life, automatic switch off, poor in signal reception!

Complaint Rating:

I am using NOKIA 6080 set purchased on june 2007 from Dreamz Communications, Lucknow its IMEI No. is 356258010532350. I am really wondered that how NOKIA gave me such a worst quality mobile handset. I am really fed up of my set its battery back up is worst the battery life is 1 (one) day and also automatically go off and about the signal reception its very very poor. Panel after 4 days the color started washing. I had NOkia 6030 before nit was very good set after that i sold it and i took Nokia 6080 set now am really unhappy.

10th of Sep, 2007

I bought Nokia 6080 on 26th Aug 2007 from Telepone Shopee near Dyanaprabodhini School, Sadashiv Peth, Pune. Its been just 15 days and the phone is already giving me problems. Whenever I am on call, the keys 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 dial automatically. Result is that the there is intermittent beeping sound driving me and the other party crazy.

First I thought that I am holding the phone incorrectly. However I have noticed that even when I hold the mobile away from me with just the earpiece barely touching my ear, still same auto-dialing happens.

I went to Telephone Shopee when they said that only Nokia authorized dealer can look into it. They also said that since the mobile is still in warranty period, I will get free repairs done. Big deal. Why should I get free repairs done on a faulty piece sold by Nokia? Did I buy this mobile set second hand? No. Did I buy this mobile in half the cost? No. I have paid full price for a 1st hand purchase. Then I should get full replacement for the set. Did I pay the money to get a faulty piece in first place?

I consider this as an attempt at swindling by Nokia company. Going by the buttons that auto activate, I suspect a foul play on part of Nokia. I believe that with changed covers, this set is internally a second hand mobile, resold to me as brand new. Is there any way to know when the handset was manufactured and the total period of time this handset was on air?

Also any advise on how to tackle Nokia legally would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,
    Mandar

• Ir
      18th of Sep, 2007

Hi Mandar,

I purchased the same Nokia model two weeks ago and I am having the same problem. When I am on a call buttons 4,5,6, press automatically. It's driving me crazy. I contacted my network and they told me that I am entitled to a full refund. So that's what I'm going to do.

How did it work out for you?

Ireland

30th of Sep, 2007
    Nokia 6080 - Poor quality product!
    Kenya

I actually thought I had bought a knock-off Nokia phone but now that, across the globe, I find people with the same problem I know something can be done. I live in East Africa (Kenya) and I bought a Nokia model 6080 from a Jazz Telecoms; a local cellphone retail shop. Whenever I make or receive a phone call, the phone dials numbers automatically. What follows are beeping tones over the connection and interruptions in my conversations. YOU are not gripping the handset too tightly or dialing numbers with your FACE. There really is a problem.

• Va
      27th of Oct, 2007
    Nokia 6080 - NOT WORKING
    United Arab Emirates

Dear Sir

I, Vasu Geethan, Indian, now working in Dubai.
    I bought one Nokia 6080 Mobile from Jumbo Electronics Dubai on 22-08-2007. And leave to India on the same day. But when i reached India and put my sim card, not working and automatically displaying digit 6. Return from India on 12-09-07 and submit the mobile to Nokia service centre. After 2 weeks they returned and said the problem solved. But when i put my sim card it asking restriction code. Again given that mobile to Nikia service centre on 11-10-2007 and they returned on 25th October. BUT STILL THE PHONE ASKING restriction code. The mobile cost is only Dirham 380.00 but i spent more than 400 Dirhams for taxi and 6 half days salaries. Sir how can i solve my problem, please help me.

Regards
    VESU GEETHAN
    Mobile: 0097150-3176644.

• Ka
      31st of Oct, 2007

I am using NOKIA 6280 set purchased on June 2007 from Dreamz Communications, Lucknow its IMEI No. is 351861017528597. I am really wondered that how NOKIA gave me such a worst quality mobile handset. I am really fed up of my set its battery back up is worst the battery life is 1 (one) day and also automatically go off and about the signal reception its very very poor. Panel after 4 days the color started washing. I had Nokia 6030 before nit was very good set after that I sold it and I took Nokia 6080 set now am really unhappy.

12th of Nov, 2007
    Nokia 6080 - Poor quality product!
    India

I have given the handset for repair 4 time from 01 / 10 / 2007under job sheet no. 1200205969 dt 27 / 10 / 2007 everytime they give me hand set back without repair but this time they not given my handset back as on date. Kindly do the needful.

Thanks

Sanjay sharma

• Sk
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Nokia 6080 - replacement
    nokia india pvt ltd
    India
    www.nokia.co.in

job sheet no 255343506/080315/1 imie no 356258010823510 fst i gv for repair on dt 06/02/2008 gv back aftr repair same day agn gv repair same problem on dt20/02/2008 and gv back aftr rpr on dt 04/03/2008 and agn i gv 4 rpr on dt 06/03/2008 and gv back aftr repar on dt 13/03/2008 and i gv 4 rpr on dt 15/03/2008 and gv back aftr for repair on dt 27/03/2008 and agn i gv for4 rpr same day same problem . problem is auto matic swotch of and set dead not on . so again they want gv rpr set . when i say to nokia care tinsukia chetia info tinsukia to gv replace my set they say not in our hand u confrm guwahati nokia care where we gv for rpr . then i call guwahati nokia care for repalcement they say set is ok then why set dead aftr one day ushed then they say when u used set dead we dont no then i say thats mean i dead the set then they say ya then u gv written then they say thats not my mean .so i request u help me . thanks.

• Ki
      9th of May, 2008

HI.

That’s true especially NOKIA 6080 or 6070 has like this issues. This could be manufacturing defect sometime this problem can’t be fixed for service center even they fix the problem it may repeat after some days.
    I feel there is some technical design related issue on this phone I observed some production batch has this complaint not all may be the newer software version may solve this issue.

• Ve
      4th of Sep, 2008

i bought this nokia 6080 from delhi, on jan 1 2008, , , , but now after just 9 months the phone is asking some restriction code, , , , and displaying phone restricted, whenever its switched on, , , , , iwent to nokia care, but their reply was not satisfying, , , they are asking me to submit the for one month, which i cant do as i travel a lot, , , , so i kindly request you to either send me my restriction code or please replace the set, , , , , , , , my IMEI no is 356258015438876, , , , , , , , , please kindly look into this problem, , , , and reply soon on my e mail id