Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic / faulty handset

India Review updated:
Hi all,

I have purchased a nokia model no 5310 xpressmusic (imea no: [protected]) on the 8th of december 2007 from the univercell the mobile expert - universal telecommunications india pvt ltd. # 19/11, 20th main road (chord road) , 1st r block, rajajinagar, bangalore-560010. (contact # 23379813)

This was a birthday gift, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. this happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the store where I purchased the mobile. meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the nokia 5310 is a faulty model.

Since I was traveling I approached the store on the 16th of december to return the handset as it was a faulty piece. the salesman mr. naveen kumar at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. he even enquired with his manager and came back with the same story. and even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with nokia as well as the way I have been treated by univercell. I have paid rs.10,800 for a new nokia 5310 handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal nokia customer for the last 7 years and nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in india & have recommended nokia as a brand to my family & friends and i'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Rekha

Comments

Re
  20th of Dec, 2007
Hi All,

I have purchased a Nokia Model no 5310 XpressMusic ( IMEA no: 358653013375344) on the 8th of December 2007 from the Univercell The Mobile expert- Universal Telecommunications India Pvt ltd. # 19/11, 20th Main Road (Chord Road), 1st R Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore-560010. ( Contact # 23379813)

This was a birthday gift, after a week of use it was observed that the mobile hangs and does not function the mobile cannot be switched off none of the keypad works. This happened thrice in one week. I thought it was a problem with my handset and wanted to approach the Store where I purchased the mobile. Meanwhile I heard from few of my colleagues that they had brought the same model and faced similar problems and the Nokia 5310 is a faulty Model.

Since I was traveling I approached the Store on the 16th of December to return the handset as it was a faulty piece. The Salesman Mr. Naveen Kumar at the store who had sold the handset refused to replace the handset with another model and said once the phone is bought it cannot be exchanged and he has not got any complaints about this model. He even enquired with his Manager and came back with the same story. And even gave me the address to make a complaint but were reluctant to help me out.

I am very disappointed with Nokia as well as the way I have been treated by Univercell. I have paid Rs.10,800 for a new Nokia 5310 Handset and I am not able to use it as it is faulty.

I have been a loyal Nokia customer for the last 7 years and Nokia has been synonymous for cell phones in India & have recommended Nokia as a Brand to my family & Friends and I'm very disappointed with this entire incidence and the way a customer has been treated. I would never ever buy a Nokia phone nor will I recommend any body to opt for Nokia phones after this incidence.

I want somebody from Nokia to look into this matter immediately and replace my handset and refund my money back!!!

A very dissatisfied customer

Rekha
De
  20th of Dec, 2007
Hi Rekha,

i have also faced the same problem with the same model....

I fell like it's a problem with the sim.. When i replaced my sim card the problem is solved... So you can also give a try with another simcard...

The phone wil be hanged if u do the following steps..

1. Give a miscall to ur cell.
2. keep it idle for 10-15 mins

If ur cell is faulty it will hang by this time or else ur lucky :)))

Good luck.
Sj
  25th of Dec, 2007
I am using Nokia 5310 too.
My Nokia 5310 is bought from local shop here in Malaysia.
Me too having the restart problem frequently.
But i would like to know more about your problem?
You mean it restart itself? It's common problem, my phone restart itself in 2 hours while i am hearing to the music.
This should be the firmware problem since this is the first firmware for Nokia 5310.
Just wait a few more months and Nokia will come out with a newer version of firmware to fix all the bugs. Update our firmware that time will do.
Well, it's quite frustrating to have a new phone but end out like this, but just think of the pros of this phone, it's so slim and light, even slimmer than Mot L7 some more the sound quality is good also.
So just wait another few months.
Thanks.
Re
  1st of Jan, 2008
Hi all am also facing the same situation right now. it is very Embarrassing for me.

Also some time my volume control keys are also getting stucked and my head set is not working properly.

I have bouhgt this product on November 26th , it won't take even 1 month to judge the product.

SO PLEASE GO THROUH THE MATTER. :((
Sr
  6th of Jan, 2008
Hi All, I too am having the same problem. In the middle of the conversation the phone suddenly hangs, theres a sound and the whole screen goes blank. Since this morning after one such hanging my display isn't working too. Planning to approach a Nokia care centre tomorrow. Any more feedback will be helpful

My phone was bought at "The Mobile Store" on 15-12-2007 and my IMEI is 358653013224098. Lets all write to Nokia too, may be we can use the contact us section
Mo
  7th of Jan, 2008
Hi All, i'm Mohamed Abdallah From Egypt.

I'm also have the same problem with nokia 5310 XPress Music , it became restarting every time i listen to music.

When i searced for this i found that the problem was from the first batch of Nokia 5310 with v3.60FW installed does have a codec problem on the music player , and the solution for the mean time is to convert the format for the music files to (M4A/eAAC+) format.

I used this Method and it was useful untill now ( Except once or twice).

You can convert the Music files Through the " Nokia PC Suite " which can be downloaded from This link : http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905.

I hope it be useful to u too.
Mo
Hi All,

I'm Mohamed Abdallah again, i'm sorry i wrote my mail wrong in the previous message.

My mail is : deskt0p@hotmail.com

If any one want to contact with me through my mail , contact from this one not from the first.

I'm sorry again.
Mi
pax!

I bought my 5310 xpressmusic last jan. 2, 2008. from the date it was purchased, i don't feel any problem with my unit tough it is only a 6 days old.

To inform you guys, that there's a nokia 5310 xpressmusic that is recondition.
Ma
  10th of Jan, 2008
Hi all,

I have purchased nokia 5310 and i amverydissatisfied with the phone as its ringer volumeis very lowand it hangs very often.
Kr
  10th of Jan, 2008
Hello Same problem here. Maybe even worse.
I've bought my phone on 28dec 2007. At first no problem. Then certain keys don't work (volume, phonebook,...) but this was all solved by restarting the phone.
What happens now is that the keys are locked and there is no way to unlock them. The powerbutton gives me the message to unlock the phone, since no keys are working I can't unlock the keys. So i take out the battery and put it back in. The phone starts up completly normal but still no keys working :-(

Can anybody help me with this untill there is some new firmware. I do like the phone, light, slim, easy to use (if it works),...
In my opinion they have rushed this phone on to the market for Christmas 2007. I have no doubt that Nokia will fix this but they are seriously running out of time before losing more customers.
If
  13th of Jan, 2008
Same problem with me. My 5310 restarts frequently. Now I bought it from Nokia main center here in Gulshan Dhaka. I wanted to avoid this kind of problem as I had biiter experience with my previous Nokia phone. They said I have 0ne year warranty. And it just only 1 month. Before it used to restart once a day .. now thrice or more. I am thinking of going to visit them. Lets see what they has to say about it.

Nokia should be ashamed of this faulty phone.
Ke
  17th of Jan, 2008
All
I also have a similar issue with the 5310 which could be a great phone. I purchased this phone on 14th December from Celluphone in the Ibn Battuta Mall in Dubai and on the 1st of January it was back there again for repair under warranty. The problem was that the phone reset itself when playing music and would not reboot again. I did read about the issues surrounding this phone after I bought it but thought I would put up with it until a firmware fix could solve the problem as I liked it's style so much. The biggest downer for me came when Celluphone's electronics guy returned the phone saying there had been a third party repair on this phone and no work could be done on the faulty part due to this. Till this day I am still fighting with these people trying to reason with them as to why I would void a warranty after 2 weeks of purchase and am also totally unqualified to do so.
Anyone know any places in Dubai that can fix this phones faulty component as at the moment it is a 1125 Dihram paperweight, and not a very good one at that as it is so thin.
Ba
  17th of Jan, 2008
Hello all, am Bash, I too having the same problem. In the middle of the conversation the phone suddenly hangs, theres a sound and the whole screen goes blank. So i have rest to factory settings. But the result is even worst. begining it asked for security code which I put 12345. Totally phone got stucked. keypad also not working. ### cellphone i have ever seen.

I purchased on December 29 to give New year gift to my bro. from Reem Tele Communications Saudi Arabia.

Anyone help me to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Bash
Me
  27th of Jan, 2008
The phone is apiece of crap. Mine hanged while playing music and is completely out of orfer. when turning on, it restarts itself 5 times and Boom. Everything will go black again.

Don't know what to do. Will be gratefull if someone help. I got a load of contacts on it.
An
  2nd of Feb, 2008
I HAV ALSO PURCHASED THE SAME HANDSET A MONTH AGO.FROM THE DAY ONE I M FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.THE PHONE GETS HANGED WHEN THERE IS A MISSED CALL---WHICH IS NOT ATTENDED IN 5 MINS.I GAVE THE HANDSET THREE TIMES TO NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE BUT THERE WAS THE SAME PROBLEM.THEN THEY REPLACED MY HANDSET.THE NEW HANDSET WHICH I GOT ON 29/1/08 IS ALSO HAVING A SAME PROBLEM .NOW I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO. I HAV TAKEN A WRONG DECISION BY PURCHASING A NOKIA HANDSET
Ar
  13th of Feb, 2008
Yes Friends,

Even I started facing problem with Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic from the second day onwards..
I have paid 10k for this mobile and I bought it from a very well known reputed shop in Hyderabad.
Nokia needs to do something about this.. either recall the model or atleast stop the production of this and correct the problem. Nokia being such a reputed mobile company should really work on this..

I will definitely not refer this model nor the company for any of friends.. Its a pain and dissatisfaction to the core..
Za
  18th of Feb, 2008
Hi, i have a nokia 5310 here and i droped it in the floor and the screen mashed. It comes on and the back light comes on but nothing is on the screen its just plain. If anyone knows whats wrong with it can you please let me know on >>>>>zaid_sharief_abbas@hotmail.co.uk<<<< thank you ever so much.
Aa
  20th of Mar, 2008
hi rekha,
no need to try that
its a mad way to check your mobile..
may be its a faulty piece
The mobile expert only cheated You
not nokia
Here after never recommend anyone to buy from The expert
Buy it from the CONNECTING PEOPLe
They only know the value of the customers
Ok
bye

my advice is to try installing the software again because u may downloaded lot of pics or musics via bluetooh
Now it may be due to a virus
Note: Never keep your phone with bluetooth on ok
bye
Fo
  28th of Mar, 2008
Hi!

My phone restarts byitself then completly turns off also,
i hear from other users that this happpens because the memory card has stored TOO MANY music files.
I recently deleted a few songs and its works ...so far so good.
Also having a big storage (2 gbs plus) has the same effect on the fone.
I am also very disapointed with nokia, but i absolutely love the phone

ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PHONE CAN HAVE INTERCHANGABLE FACEPLATES?

Thanks
Sh
  10th of Apr, 2008
I am using Nokia 5310 Xpress music for last 2 months and found few issues. First being music keys hang. This has happened 2-3 times. Secondly, Music player stops without any reason and this has happened around 2 times.

Nokia Logo Nokia