Nokia 3230 / defective mobile and poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a nokia 3230 under imei no.[protected] on 06-12-2017 from a showroom in n. i. t faridabad.

Then there start problem occurring in the phone, keys didn't work properly and fm was also not working.

On 26-02-2017 I went to the nokia service center in nehru ground, faridabad. service center's name & addr is as modcad communication, a-21, nehru ground, faridabad. I told them problems m facing in phone, they told me come in evening & collect ur phone, when I went dare in evening they said they have sent the phone to delhi, come after 2 days. after 2 days when I go dare they said come after 7 days. then after that they said ist come on 12-03-2017. when I went there on march 12, they show a other cell under imei no. [protected] and said nokia has issued this cell 2 me. I checked the cell there was few scratches on the body, I told them that they r giving me old cell I want my cell phone back, they said that cell was unable to repair, I have to take this cell only, they said this is fine, I didn't have the battery at that time so I have to take that cell to my home to check it when on the cell I found that there were occurring more problems in this, in this cell also fm was not working also dare was occurring problem at time of making call.

In the evening I went back to the service center and told them about these problems they said they can”t do anything, then I told them to return my cell back 2 me, I have not take this cell with me, I want my cell back. then a employee over there named rahul start shouting at me he said just take this cell or do whatever u want, I told him 2 give back my cell to me otherwise I have made a complaint, then he said do one thing go 2 police and register a complaint against us. you can easily handle that. I put that cell over there n came back to my home...

On 16-03-2017 I got a letter fm them at my home stating that I have 2 collect my cellphone with in 10 days otherwise they will not be responsible for the same.

I again went 2 service center on march 16th, I asked them that why they have send the letter, I have not take this phone, I want my cell back, then rahul, indu and all remaining employees over there stood up n start fighting with me, rahul start abusing me.

I came back and decided 2 register a complaint against them then a friend of mine told me first 2 let u about this problem, u would definitely sort out the problem, so I decided to do so that have ii write 2 u... 2 help me out or I have 2 take them 2 court...

Ha

Comments

• Bh
      15th of Dec, 2006
    India

I stay in blore and I have this Nokia 3230 and am not at all happy with the build quality. Almost a yr and the OS keeps on crashing frequently. The battery drains horribly, and i dont have the mobile panel easily available??

FYI, there is a nokia shop in RT Nagar area of bangalore which is supposed to be a nokia priority dealer. He sells all mobile phone at a very high margin and not only that, i had inquired for this nokia 3230 panel(the body) and he quoted it to 1700 rs. Thats awkwardly high. Even the original accessory costs me around 800-900. This guy is a crook.

• Er
      28th of Dec, 2006

Well I agree with the comment made, my battery life sucks sooo bad and I have had this phone for less than a month. All I have to do is go to bed with a full battery and in the morning it is flat. I thought it was the blue tooth and switched it off one of the nights and it was fine in the morning. The again this morning- flat. I had charged it yesterday.

Well things are way more expansive in Fiji- so I will not even bother getting anything here. I was thinking of getting a data cable but would probably be paying such a high markup I'd rather forget it.

I just cannot get the battery bit. I used to use Alcatels and Sony Ericsson and just got a Nokia, I had very good battery life. I don't know if I should be charging it all night every night. Its also like I have to keep it on the battery if I am playing games or blue toothing.

• Ar
      5th of Jan, 2007
    India

I bought Nokia 3230 only 4 months back. It is a real sick phone. In the last 4 months it has hung for almost a dozen times. yesterday, the phone simply wont start... I am not sure of the guarantee period for this phone and if it will be replaced. Any suggestions, please let me know. I need to know what can be done next.

• Mo
      25th of Jan, 2007
    India

I purchased nokia 3230 and just after 4 months it started giving troubles, when i talked to the nokia care they took the cell and till now i haven't able to get my cell back. I talked them several times every time they gave lame excuse and now i have lost the hope that i will get my cell back.

• Gu
      30th of Jan, 2007
    Nokia 3230 - malfunctioning products
    India

I want to bring this to your notice that I may be one of the many customers I guess who is not happy with the services provided at nokia care centers. I am having nokia 3230 and the problem is with the display, though the system is under the warranty but still nokia care people are not repairing the set, what to talk about replacing a part. Instead they have now cited a reason that it is physically damaged which actually it is not.

It all started on 26 th feb 07 all of a sudden the screen started flickering and loosing the colours, not able to comprehend what happened I went to nokia care sector 35 Chandigarh, they kept experimenting it and finally asked me to show it in sector 22 chandigarh and they confirmed it is not damaged anywhere but they don’t have the means to repair it I have to go to sector 22. I handed over the set to sector-22 nokia care on 29th and I went today to get the cell back, they said it not repairable and stated it will cost Approx Rs 3000/- . I reasoned with them about the warranty they said it is physically damaged , and on the jobsheet it is mentioned it is physically damaged estimated cost Rs 3000/- on asking what part is damaged and what replacement will be costing this money and why is not mentioned on the jobsheet what part has to be replaced and what part is costing me this money they didn’t had an answer to it. They called their engineer and the set was opened up in front of me and the engineer confirmed to me nothing is damaged then I asked why am I being asked to pay Rs 3000/- for nothing being damaged and instead of the cell being inside the warranty.

The engineer called somebody over the phone and came to me that the upper part of the body is damaged which is not. Then another engineer came and started interrogating the outer body of the cell and pointed to a small scar on the so called C cover and said this is physically damaged which seemed to me was because of the normal wear and tear and not any damage. I was forwarded to Ms Renu the central manager who was so adamant and not ready to listen to me, and stated will not be repaired. Then I reasoned that OK let us consider it has gone outside the warranty and you will charge me but then customer should have the right of what he wants a repair and for what he does not. I said if you think it is damaged from outside and inside both and is not covered under the warranty , then I only want the cell to be repaired from inside that is the display and not outside (cover) and I am ready to pay for it. But she said we will not repair from inside alone you have to get it repaired from outside as well, although she confessed that the ostensible damage outside has got nothing to do with the problem inside. Inspite of my being ready to pay for the display problem they want me to pay a bigger amount for the problem which is not there.

I am having the bills and gone through the warranty as well, I want a solution as I had spend a good over 10,000/- on this cell and is well under the warranty. I think nokia here is not doing anything else but fleecing the customer. If no action is being taken even after this mail I ll prefer to send a Plea to (TRAI) or consumer court. I am sending along the scanned copy of the job sheet.

• Si
      2nd of Feb, 2007

Have a problem with my Nokia 3230 set .Had s/w problem within a week purchase and 4 times within 6 months and now IC problem which is under warranty and waiting for the replacement since 1 month due to the worst reason "NO STOCK". I haven't seen such a horrible customer service by none. When will these people realize this .

• Si
      15th of Feb, 2007

I have nokia 3230. I bought it in march last year(2017). After one month it hangs on and it switched off automatically. I submit it in nokia care after receiving it the problem was same in this and then again i submit it in nokia care three times but the problem is same as initially now i am in jammu (kupwara ) and here is no any nokia care and my warranty period is going to be finished. I am very angry. Nokia sucks!

• Ni
      4th of Mar, 2007

My Nokia 3230 handset is barely 3 months old. All functions are fine except for the fact that it gets hanged on and off. At least 10 times this problem has occurred in the past and since today morning the problem seems to have aggravated further. Every time a message comes the cell gets hanged. Though I have heard my many friends complaining of similar issues, I have found the proof myself at last. Other then excellent pictures for a 1.3 mega pixel camera, this mobile is simply good for nothing!

• Sh
      6th of Mar, 2007

I had purchased the above mentioned phone from a NOKIA dealer POOVATH in ERNAKULAM on 21st October 2017 and unfortunately my phone had a problem of getting hung/ stuck when i get calls. I complained about this to the dealer and he said he will replace the phone for me and after a week's time i got it replaced but without proper packing and the saddest part is that i got a different color phone.(I bought a black 3230 but now i am replaced with a maroon). I am very much unhappy about the service. Sad to say that such kind of dealers are a bad name to your company as a whole. The worst part is that the replaced phone is now having a loose panel which is causing disturbances during conversation. Do not buy nokia phones!

• Ha
      21st of Mar, 2007

I purchased a Nokia 3230 under IMEI No.352740013126847 on 06-12-2017 from a showroom in N.I.T Faridabad.

Then there start problem occurring in the phone, keys didn't work properly and FM was also not working.

On 26-02-2017 I went to the nokia service centre in Nehru Ground, faridabad. Service centre's name & addr is as MODCAD COMMUNICATION, A-21, NEHRU GROUND, FARIDABAD. I told them problems m facing in phone, they told me come in evening &collect ur phone, when I went dare in evening they said they have sent the phone to Delhi, come after 2 days. after 2 days when I go dare they said come after 7 days. Then after that they said Ist come on 12-03-2017. When I went there on march 12, they show a other cell under IMEI No. 355694000133943 and said Nokia has issued this cell 2 me. I checked the cell there was few scratches on the body, I told them that they r giving me old cell I want my cell phone back, They said that cell was unable to repair, I have to take this cell only, they said this is fine, I didn't have the battery at that time so I have to take that cell to my home to check it when on the cell I found that there were occurring more problems in this ,in this cell also FM was not working also dare was occurring problem at time of making call.

In the evening I went back to the service centre and told them about these problems they said they can”t do anything, then I told them to return my cell back 2 me, I have not take this cell with me, I want my cell back. then a employee over there named Rahul start shouting at me he said just take this cell or do whatever u want, I told him 2 give back my cell to me otherwise I have made a complaint, then he said do one thing go 2 police and register a complaint against us. you can easily handle that. I put that cell over there n came back to my home...

on 16-03-2017 I got a letter FM them at my home stating that I have 2 collect my cellphone with in 10 days otherwise they will not be responsible for the same.

I again went 2 service centre on march 16th, i asked them that why they have send the letter, I have not take this phone, I want my cell back, then Rahul, INDU and all remaining employees over there stood up n start fighting with me, Rahul start abusing me.

I came back and decided 2 register a complaint against them then a friend of mine told me first 2 let u about this problem, u would definitely sort out the problem, so I decided to do so that have Ii write 2 u.. 2 help me out or I have 2 take them 2 court...

30th of Mar, 2007

I sold a nokia set 3230 form kotala mubarakpur on 23.03.07. On purchase time battery was not charged. Then dealer charged and fix the battery. But after some time set off automatically.

Delar send the mobile for replacing. But they said that set is 'ok'. Again dealer send mobile on nokia center for repairing (27.03.07 to 29.03.07). Today i received my mobile but problem is remain unsolved. Very poor phone and service.

• Su
      2nd of Apr, 2007

My mobile is not working properly (Nokia-3230), I have given three times to Nokia center at udupi karnataka, every time they give back saying its perfect now, but has the same problem just after a day or so and still it is not working properly, you name the problems and it has it!!! Last time I gave the mobile to Nokia service center before they asked me to keep it with them for 10 days as they have to send it to Bangalore, I can not live without my mobile, and I found Nokia mobile gives a lot of problem.

• Ni
      11th of Jun, 2007
    India

I want to make an inquiry regarding theft of my mobile nokia -3230 whose IMEI 352740018814934. And i have lodged a complaint as well. So is there is any criteria to locate it by IMEI or by any other means?

• Vi
      1st of Aug, 2007
    Nokia 3230 - misbehaving customer care executives!
    India

I have been using a nokia 3230 handset since 8th aug. I once went to customer care center in noida sector-2 to get my cell repaired. There was some minor problem with my handset. But when i received it back, i found out that it had a part not working. I went back to then to make a complaint, and they told me they were sorry for that and would repair it within 1 hr. So they kept me waiting for 1 hr and when i approached to their desk for receiving the cell then they told me that the part is to be replaced with another one which they don't have right now and will arrive tomorrow. So i came next day, and asked for my cell, but again they made an excuse and started making me wait and when after 15 days i didn't get my cell back then i demanded for a replacement. But i didn't get it at once. And for more 2 to 3 days i went there continuously and after so many efforts they game me a replacement for my cell but they did not update it on the internet but they did so on my bill with a stamp of nokia care. the replacement which they gave to me was a 3 month older cell than what i purchased. But when i went to them for the next time to get my cell repaired, they told me that they didn't made any replacement considered to that imei no. And when i showed them the bill with a replacement proof on it, they denied it. I told them that it had a stamp of nokia on it, so then they decided to make a manual jobsheet of my cell. Since then my cell is never repaired completely an every time i make complaints about my cell's problem they never rectify those problems. I have got my cell's amc done and went there once since then but then too they didn't rectify my problem. From then i have left the hope and i m using that cell with all those problems and i got use to it. But till yesterday i tried to connect it to internet and i got freaked out facing so many problem and so i decided to complaint. My cell is not registered at internet that it had an amc done but i have full proof of it. What can i do at this moment. Please help me out smb!

• Aj
      15th of Aug, 2007

I am fully agreed with above complain. Actually in Showrooms of Nokia airtel etc. people are working only for their benefit not for costumer satisfaction and the company did not take any actions against them.

• Mu
      17th of Aug, 2007

I have a purchased a new 3230 cell phone from bagalore... now its hanging continuously from past few days... all my friends advised me,not to purchase that cell,but i had purchased dat godamnn cell... What to do? Advise smb!

• Go
      2nd of Dec, 2007
    Minnesota
    India

My mobile is stolen on 1st December 2017 at Bidhannagor station in West Bengal. The IMEI number is 3545530154344822. Some personal and official data and Picture was stored on my memory card, these documents are very sensitive for me. If you block my memory card then it is really very help full for me. Otherwise I fall in a big tribal. Please inform me that while it is possible or not. Thank you.

20th of Dec, 2007
    India

my nokia mobile phone have been stolen.
    so what next i can do.
    shall i lodge a complaint?
    can you please block my phone.
    i can give you any detail.

• In
      31st of May, 2009

i have a 3230 cell phone from nasik, india... now its hanging continuously from past few days... & one most important thing is that
    after reset/*#7370# or *#7780# ie format it
    one sms automattically sent to one mobile though i had changed my card airtel /idea/vodafone
    all customer care advised to go to nokiacare

2nd of Dec, 2010

Nokia My mobile lost on train station in kanpur.