NoFlameeCig.com

Posted:

Free offer scam

4.1
NoFlameeCig.com
I have got NoFlameeCig.com free offer but they have been taking money out from my credit card. The stolen sum is $73.98 and can’t afford myself such a loss. What can be done to stop this? I haven’t got money to throw away like this. Please help us to stop this.
Complaint comments Comments (24) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

A  14th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
I too was scammed by these crooks. I ordered the "free starter kit" and paid $4.95 shipping and handling fee. My debit card was subsequently charged $109.67 by these folks for no appearent reason.
I called their customer service #, !-877-647-3723, and spoke to "Andrew, employee # 122403 who told me there was no free starter kit and the price of the kit was $109.67.I called him a liar and he offered me a 'refund of $79.72 and promised to send me an e-mail confirming that the acct was closed and a refund was sent.I am still waiting for the e-mail.Even if he does what he promised, this constitutes a $30. loss on my part which is unacceptable.I am exploring avenues to expose these folks as frauds and get them shut down.
A  22nd of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
I ALSO ordered the "free starter kit" and paid $4.95 shipping and handling fee. My debit card was THEN charged $109.67 by these THIEVES for no apparent reason...wHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS FRAUD??
A  29th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I also was Ripped off by this company . charged my card $109.67 And are saying that I'm only going to get $79.72 refunded. Somebody needs to STOP these people.
A  7th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
i too am being ripped off by this company and the contact information is either wrong or not manned so there is no way of actually contacting them to try to get a refund of the fraudulent charge to my bank.
A  11th of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I too have been ripped off by these people. I cannot believe Aldi put there name to this free gift.
A  16th of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have been charged 69 pounds as well has anyone got a number as ma bank won't give me ma money bk
N  5th of Oct, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I Also been charged £69.99 by these crooks .If anyone has a contact number for the uk could you post it please.Thank You
A  25th of Oct, 2015 by    +1 Votes
This is fraud I was pay £4.95 for 95% off and they charged me £69.99 I hate I ring my bank and just give to me number ring and talk with them I hate let's see what happened now
N  25th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Sure alma my bank just give me this number 03456009180 I'll try tomorrow because open Monday to Friday best of luck dear :(
N  7th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
This Company is committing FRAUD by so called initial starter kits not mentioning a further £49-99 for so called refills when I do not even smoke.
I am going to contact these con artists and demand a refund I better get some satisfaction as well or I will take them to court over this rip off scam.
A  12th of Nov, 2015 by    +1 Votes
this company has took 49.99 out of my account they never said i had to pay that much the only thing i had to pay was 4.95 shipping that was it i would like my money back how would i go at getting it back i have not recived anything through the post my name is jennifer lister
A  28th of Nov, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have also been caught, having taken the £4.95 trial. So far they have taken an additional two payments of £69.99 and £49.99. In the Ts & Cs on their
website (which obviously I did not read) it says " If you enrolled in our Trial Offer or our Home Delivery Program your order is an offer to buy from us on the “subscription” basis explained on our website. A binding legal contract is formed when we accept your offer by sending you a confirmation email."
However, I did not "enroll" in anything and cannot find any explanation of the "subscription" on their website.In addition, I was never given any indication that I was authorising a continuous payment authority. Anyway I have asked my credit card company not to make any more payments to these shysters. In addition both Maestro and Visa have a process called Chargeback which allows them to reverse payments. I have asked my credit card company to repay the unauthorised amounts. We shall see.
N  14th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
UK tel no for Noflame Ecigs is 0800 056 1032
N  15th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
when I ordered on line on the 1/3/2016 i was promised a starter kit for only postage and packing at a reduced price of £4.95. when i recieved the parcel the starter kit wasn't complete and have tried to phone the free phone number but keeps saying the office is closed. the order number is 386058 placed on the 1/3/2016.

thanks

P.E.CLARKE
N  20th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
The UK number I gave above is correct (although it is diverted to the Netherlands) - I 'phoned them on 14th March. They have 3 email addresses - info@noflameecig.co.uk info@ecigcustomerservice.com and customersupport@securecustomerservice.com. I will put on here later how I got a full refund from these ###
N  20th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
First, tell bank to put a stop on continuous payment authority. Cancel your card, but not your account. A refund to your original card number will still reach your account, but no debits can be made using the old card number.

Ranting & raving at them will do no good whatsoever. They will never admit it's a scam, so there's no benefit in pointing out why it is. Instead, concentrate on all the regulations they have violated. Don't criticize the e-cigs – I wasn't asked if I'd opened them, but if they ask you, say no you haven't tried them. If you're not in the UK, look up all the consumer protection laws for your country.

Tell them to cancel your so-called contract & give you an immediate refund of £whatever.

Say something like “You have failed to comply with virtually every UK consumer protection regulation. & if you do not refund my money money immediately, I'll have no hesitation whatsoever in instigating legal proceedings against you for recovery. Not only is there absolutely no doubt that you will lose the case & have to pay all costs, just one court case sets a precedent. This will open the floodgates & you'll have to pay back everyone you've cheated who becomes aware of it. I will also report you to all the relevant authorities, including Trading Standards, Action Fraud, Advertising Standards Authority and HMRC.

Speak authoritatively & with determination. Sound confident and never hesitate. Familiarize yourself with the worst contraventions from the suggested email below so you can reel them off quickly & it doesn't sound as if you're reading it from a list.

They will repeatedly say the payments were explained in their terms and conditions. You say but nobody ever reads these.

Wait until they say that you ticked a box to say you accepted them.

Then hit them with - “But you should have provided a box which I actively had to tick to say that I agreed to further payments – no such box existed and as I wasn't made aware of further charges, you had no right to take them. By law, you have to tell people what they are signing up for. Putting it into terms and conditions is not enough. Therefore, it doesn't matter what you put in your terms – your criminal activities have rendered them invalid.

You described it as free and gave no indication that I would have to pay more than the cost of postage. This is illegal and a criminal offence in the UK.

Keep saying if you don't want to go to Court and be reported to the authorities, pay up.

Just when I thought I was never going to get anywhere, the on the other end asked if she could put me on hold for a while. I knew then she'd cave in. Came back with the offer of a partial refund. Reject this immediately if it happens to you. Keep saying they can either pay it all back or face the consequences. After a while, you should be put on hold again & hopefully they will then agree to pay back the full amount.

Tell them you want this confirmed by email.

My email arrived within the hour, followed by another the next day with transaction numbers of refunds. Took 3 days to be credited to my account.

Before you ring them, though, I suggest you send this email to them. During telephone conversation, keep telling them to read it.

Delete this bit first, though, if this happened to you more than a year ago. “Failure to provide the required information, or to provide it in the way set out in the regulations, could result in cancellation rights being extended by UP TO A YEAR.”

I have to say I know nothing about consumer law, but I spent ages researching and copying all the consumer regulations to find a way to get the toss pots and it worked.

They have 3 email addresses that I am aware of, so send it to all of them:-

info@noflameecig.co.uk
info@ecigcustomerservice.com
customersupport@securecustomerservice.com

If you don't get anywhere, suggest you keep repeatedly forwarding the email – get friends to do it to – clog up their inboxes. Keep ringing and generally be as much as a nuisance as you possibly can.

Order No …..

I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE REFUND.

You are in breach of contract – you have failed to comply with virtually all of the UK consumer protection rules and regulations - the following is a list of the main contraventions:-

Under the Consumer Contract Regulations, you have failed to provide me with pre-contract information and cancellation rights and I am writing to confirm cancellation and gain a full refund of my money back.

It is a criminal offence if you do not comply.

Practices Prohibited in all Circumstances:-

Falsely stating a product is only available for a very limited time in order to make the consumer make an immediate decision

Describing a product as 'free', 'gratis', 'without charge' or similar if a consumer is going to have to pay more than the cost of responding to the advertisement and collecting or paying for delivery of the item”

Ring any bells?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Consumers must now actively tick a box to say they agree to further payments – if they aren't made aware of further charges, they will not be liable for them.”
- No such box was provided.

By law, you are required to inform people what they are signing up for. Putting it into terms and conditions is not enough, therefore, the 14 day rule does not apply

The trader also needs to provide, or make available, a standard cancellation form to make cancelling easy (NONE WAS PROVIDED)

Even if legitimate pre-contract information is provided, which it obviously was not in this case, the purchaser's right to cancel an order starts the moment the order is placed and ends 14 days from the day of receipt. NO RIGHT TO DEDUCT FURTHER PAYMENT 14 DAYS AFTER DATE OF ORDER.

IF YOU THINK OPERATING FROM THE NETHERLANDS MAKES YOU EXEMPT, THE FOLLOWING IS FROM CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015

European Regulation EC 593/2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations sets out the rules as to which country’s law applies to consumer contracts. It is known as the “Rome I Regulation”. It confirms that it is open to a consumer and a trader to choose the law of any country to govern their contract. Where they do not choose, if a trader pursues its activities in or directs its activities to the UK, (whether the trader is in the UK or not) and the contract covers those activities, the Rome I Regulation provides that a contract with a consumer habitually living in the UK will be governed by UK law.
N  20th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK IN UK - Will have to do this in sections, as too long for one post

Wait until they say that you ticked a box to say you accepted them.

N  20th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes

Just when I thought I was never going to get anywhere, on the other end asked if she could put me on hold for a while. I knew then she'd cave in. Came back with the offer of a partial refund. Reject this immediately if it happens to you. Keep saying they can either pay it all back or face the consequences. After a while, you should be put on hold again & hopefully they will then agree to pay back the full amount.

Tell them you want this confirmed by email.

They will give you return numbers to affix to the parcels they think you are going to return at your own expense. Go along with this – don't say you won't. But do say you're not sending anything back until your money arrives.

They have 3 email addresses that I am aware of, so send it to all of them:-

info@noflameecig.co.uk
info@ecigcustomerservice.com
customersupport@securecustomerservice.com

Order No …..

I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE REFUND.

It is a criminal offence if you do not comply.

Practices Prohibited in all Circumstances:-

Ring any bells?

- No such box was provided.

A  23rd of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I was told vie a bank survey that I Had been given a FREE SAMPLE of this product i did not think that a for one moment that I would be charged £69, 99 all i was to pay was postage and packing. That £69.99 is most of my oap pension which I can ill afford to pay as it is free on NHS in uk for help with packing up smoking. when I spoke to the woman on the other end of the phone she kept insisting I give it a trail when I said that it was not for me again she said to give it a try and my refill order would be sent .I told her that i didn't or refills and I was'n't happy at being charged for a sample.again she said why don't you try it. By this time I could have got very verbal but instead I requested that she removed and cancel any orders they have put on my so called account which I also wasn't aware had been set up.I am not expecting to get my money back because these scammers know how to con and confuse people especially the elderly I ask if I where I could return the package and was told that as it was forteen days after the order was "for a FREE SAMPLE" placed I could not send it back but from the time I did the survey to the time I received it At 9.pm one evening 6 days had already passed maybe thats why the 14 dy trail wason afree trial of a repeat order that I never made. What give's them the rights to assume.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree