Nobelcom Cards / Most pleasant customer experience I had with a company

I am writing about the problems I had with Nobelcom, the calling card company and the way they were nicely resolved. I searched the internet for a card to call my family in Latin America. I gave up my previous provider after they charged my excessively on my calls and refused to give me a refund. I won't mention any names, I'll continue with my story. I found some cards from NobelCom, that had some really low rates for my destinations so I bought one to see how it works.

This is when my problems start. As I started calling, the minutes the prompt told me I had were fewer than on the website. I didn't pay 40$ for nothing. I called immediately their customer service line and asked them what happened. I am not willing to pay for a product that is misadvertised. A woman answered and I started telling all the details of my issue. After she investigated for a few minutes, she explained that I got the wrong card.

Apparently, they have different products – for calling landlines and for calling cellphones. I choose the first and I called cell phones. Although she couldn't exchange my card, because I already used it, she did something really nice. She offered me a product especially designed for calling mobiles, with the same features as my old card, and transferred the remaining balance from my old card to my new one. And I only got to pay the difference.

It's nice to see people that actually try do to something for you, not like the army of drones of other companies. This is by far the most pleasant customer experience I had with a company. I recommended it to all my friends and they're really satisfied with it.

Ka

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2009

I have been using this company for years. I DO recommend them. They are willing to work with you if problems arise.
    Two years ago I bought a card to call Amsterdam, use it once and that was it. I still had credit there. I wanted to use it again few days ago but didn't work. Called customer service and they explained that after a year the card expires BUT they gave me some credit for my next purchase. I do like them a lot.
    Lets support honest business that really care for their customers.

2nd of Mar, 2009

It helps other honest people to watch for companies that do not care for good service

• Le
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I have been using their calling cards for the last 2 years and even though I have had some issues with the calls and all that, they always tried to help me and always gave me credits for the calls that were disconnected.