No1 Discount Shop / Take Money - No Delivery

1 Gateshead, United Kingdom Review updated:

This online retailer took my order and money on the 23rd March. This was a total of £380 for a kitchen sink. No goods showed up and they wouldn't answer any emails. After 3 weeks I passed my complaint to Trading Standards. Trading Standards contacted them and were told that they were closing down. They will not return my money and don't care about what they have done.

Emma Compton seems to be the owner, emma.compton@btinternet.com and she just wants to tell me how badly she has been hit by the slow down in the economy. She must have known her business was in trouble when she took my money. I consider this to be fraud and pretty close to theft.

Her website is still online and taking orders, she even looks after customer forums still - however posting a complaint in the forums is a waste of time as she just removes them.

I can only hope that the law catches up with her and that my loss will be the last loss that this website causes.

Comments

• St
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Now trading as www.oakdaleskitchens.co.uk

I have been contacted by other customers saying they have also had money taken but no goods supplied. I got a refund after some efforts however I won't be trading with these people again.

• Em
      15th of Mar, 2009

I just thought I’d point out that www.oakdaleskitchens.co.uk took over my website www.no1discountshop.co.uk after it got into difficulty because of a builder that we dealt with went bust.

I would like to send my apologies for any inconvenience caused to Mr Gadd and our customers who didn’t receive their sinks.

Fortunately there weren’t many and all customers were eventually refunded in full with the monies received from the new owners.

We unfortunately suffered because of the economic downturn, complicated by the bankruptcy of one of our customers. So once again please accept my deepest felt sympathy for any inconvenience caused.

• Js
      27th of Apr, 2009

i lost £2, 000.00 to this conning firm of cheating liars and never received any goods... even applying for a ccj is usless
    j. shakespeare

• Ro
      30th of Apr, 2009

I lost £447.98 that I paid for a sink and tap that I never received (March 2008). I have never received a refund so Emma Compton is lying. I tried to get a refund via Paypal but they could not recover any funds from her account. Can I have my refund please Emma!

Robert Holland

• Si
      23rd of May, 2009

We keep having our name mentioned in this thread. Can I point out that we are in no way connected to no1discountshop apart from we acquired their website AFTER they ceased trading along with 2 other unconnected sites. This was done to take advantage of their superb Google rankings.

The customers mention are not our customers and we were not responsible for their loss. I understand that after emailing Emma she has resolved the two outstanding customer issues above and I believe she will post a response to the comments above.

Any further slandering of www.oakdaleskitchens.co.uk will be vigouressly met by our legal advisors. Once again I repeat. The above customers had no dealings whatsoever with our company.

• Cr
      29th of Jul, 2009

We too were cheated by this company (No1 Discount Shop) We ordered a kitchen sink and when we realised it was not going to be delivered we cancelled the order and sought a refund through paypal - we paid £372.98 for the sink, but paypal could only recover £234.50. we would like the rest of our money back Emma!

• Mr
      17th of Aug, 2009

The above mentioned Emma Compton, who said Oakdales took over her webiste after she got in difficulty, is actually related to Gareth Compton, the owner of Oakdales Kitchens. People do not take over other proples web sites. This simply is not a normal proceedure.

• Oa
      17th of Aug, 2009

We finished this customers kitchen on Friday 14th Aug, a carousell, 1 unit and a door, and a few small items are missing.

We have complete list.

Left plinths off to enable floor to be layed and as a favour measured the floor for her. She got floor fitted at weekend and wanted us to go today knowing we are now on our summer break.

Unreasonable comments, untru and not factual. Our lawyer is now dealing with it and we're fitting other stuff after holidays.

Comment regarding taking over of no1discountshop website is outrageous, look at www.woolworths.co.uk it was bought from the liquidator as we did.

• Ro
      27th of Nov, 2009

Reached an agreement back in June with Emma Compton to receive my refund in 5 monthly instalments. I received one installment at the end of June but no more. There is now no answer to my emails, despite many attempts to make contact again.

I placed my original order with Gareth Compton (paid via Emma's Paypal account) so he is fully implicated in this fraud as well. I am still owed £347.98. Above comment from Simon Webb that Emma has resolved two outstanding issues is not true, if I was one of them!

I will not rest until I have been fully refunded!

Robert Holland