NLOP / Championship Tournament

1 Framington, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 508 405 2224

On Tuesday ( may 12th) of last week, I won an entry to this championship tournament. Today, I recieved notice that they would not honor this winning. they are doing so, because i complained and complained often about their faulty software. it is not uncommon to get booted off this site 8 or 9 times a night or even more. This is a fee based poker site and this past Sunday, they AGAIN cancelled most of the bigger cash tournaments, that we pay to play in. This has been going on ever since they upgraded from NLOP 01 to NLOP 02. I have played on this site for the better part of 4 or 5 years. I had had enough and complained that if they did not fix the site, I would wear possibily Full Tilt gear to the tournament. I guess rather than fix the site and make all of their customers happy, they would rather get rid of me. They informed me that they would not honor the prize I won. I will be in Las vegas for the three days I won to eiother play in the contest or to exercise my 1st amendment right to protest outside the hardrock Hottel and casino.
I t will break me for the month of july and Most part of August, but I am commented to do so. If anyone would like to help me offset these expenses, it would be most appreciated.

Robert Hampton
205 Shirley ln
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71913

Comments

• Po
      22nd of May, 2009

This guy is nuts and has posted a complete fabrication. The facts:

NLOP has paid every prize- it sends out 3, 000 checks per month. The scoop is that this guy cheated and they caught him. He has so far set up four accounts that all trace back to his house-this is a violation of the rules which I have found and pasted here

Mr. Hampton-what is your response? If you did not break the rules- PROVE IT! Otherwise shut up.

• Lu
      22nd of May, 2009

he was busted for cheating and now he's crying about it saying he's the vicitim? this dude sounds like a major sore loser, with an emphasis on the loser.

mr hampton, get over your cheatin' self and play fair like the rest of us.

• Ho
      22nd of May, 2009

I NEVER CHEATED!!! THAT IS NLOP RESPONSE TO THESE POSTINGS!!! AS ANYONE KNOWS, YOU CAN ONLY LOG INTO NLOP ONE TIME, OR IT TELLS YOU "YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT RUNNING ON THIS MACHINE"... i HAVE ONLY ONE COMPUTER SO THERE IS NO WAY TO CHEAT!!!

22nd of May, 2009

You have not answered the question- if you can prove they are wrong then I'll be the first to your defense.

Simple question. " Did you create multiple accounts at NLOP?" Did they in fact notify you that was a rule infringement and then you did it again? Again I will post the rule

They determined that you have registered more than one account-is it TRUE? If it is then stop complaining-if it isn't then I will join you in a class-action suit.

• Nr
      12th of Sep, 2009

my complaint is that you click on ads and you freeze the game and lose your connections.
    and getting kicked off in the middle of betting. how do you explain that?

27th of Feb, 2010

I dont know whether mr. Hampton cheated or not, but I have experienced similar problems with the software and I know of countless others who have. I cannot count the number of times the software has frozen up on me, several times when I was on the final table. The worst part about it is the software freezes up for 10 minutes or more and by the time it unfreezes I get disqualified for inactivity. NLOP should allow adequate time to reconnect, I know they are aware of the problem. I have contacted support several times but they will not even acknowledge the problem.

There also seems to be an abnormally large number of monster hands (full houses, etc..) on NLOP. However, hand histories are not available to download. They are only available for veiwing while you are participating in the tournament. I requested hand histories for a tournament I played in from their support, and they said they could be give the hand history of any one hand I wanted, but they refused to give me the hand history for the whole tournament. I explained to them that I wanted to download a large number of hand histories and compare them to a sample of equal size from live play to determine if the odds on NLOP really matched those of live play. However, they have not responded yet to several emails I have sent on the subject. I suspect they do not provide hand histories because there shuffle is not really random. I think the software is programmed to deliver a larger than normal number of monster hands to create a more exciting atmosphere. Hands like A4, A5, A6, K4, and Q5 tend to dominate hands like AA, KK, AK, AQ, AJ and KQ. However, without downloadable hand histories there is no way to know for sure. This site seems to be tailored towards the unexperienced player, and I will no longer play there unless they provide the option of downloading hand histories.

5th of May, 2011

screw allowing adequate time for reconnect. Is is too much to ask to have a poker site that just doesnt boot people off? pokerstars and full tilt can do it. why cant nlop? If they allow more time to disconnect that would be utterly rediculous because the tourneys are structured like turbos. So then what you would have is a hand that takes fifteen minutes to finish during which time the blinds have quadrupled...lmfao

5th of May, 2011

...because some players, the ones i hate the most, only act when their time bank has gone all the way to the last second. i swear nothing pisses me off more. i understand if your near the bubble in a tourney with a big spread, but players do that on final table and all it does is make the game more bingo like. the blinds go up faster and you are forced to play the cards and not the players. ### all who abuse the clock.

5th of May, 2011

I do agree with the fact that NLOP seems to have too many action hands. One example is a hand I just played about an hour ago. I had AA and went all in preflop and was called by 88.

The way that the cards came out on the board had no significance in changing the outcome. The chips were all going in the middle either preflop, postflop, post turn, or post river. Check the scene:

Flop: A85 rainbow
    Turn: 8 (yep, the case 8)
    River: blank (cant remember except it wasnt an ace)

So you see we just so happened to be all in preflop. I would not have called 1/2 my stack preflop with 88, but after making a set, I would. This hand was designed to seperate chips from one player to another, thus eliminating players faster and making the game more "exciting". This kind of thing happens in poker, I am well aware, but the frequency which hands like this occur on nlop is so obviosly phony.

• Nl
      22nd of Jul, 2014

yes their software is a piece of ###, I send them screen captures of problems and they never fix it anyone defending them is a SHILL

• Be
      3rd of Aug, 2014

you all sound like a bunch of cry babies and stop your tears and just shut up and play poker I just won a 1000.00 dollar tournament hahahahahahaha My Handle is Betterfold16 watch out for me or I will claim your game...

• In
      5th of Dec, 2014

How would you like to play on a poker site that runs ads all the time that freeze your play and loses hands for you and ties your account up at random not letting you bet or raise and even kicks you out then your hand gets folded? they are running ads that use flash player. It is the software that runs the poker games and when the ad comes on bye bye to you playing until it is over. If you are in a hand and bet big just kiss the chips goodbye as you cant do a damn thing about it. I told the ###s to close my account tonight and I assured them I will continue to let everyone know how messed up NLOP is and not to even give it a second thought.

• We
      21st of Dec, 2014

i was told to use Facebook app. no adds, less freezing. don't know if it works.maybe they can get n Korea to fix it for them .lol.

• We
      21st of Dec, 2014

i just placed 16 by not playing ? i was signing up for this site

• Pa
      6th of Jan, 2015

its not the site its that your running a 64 bit system. ADOBE is out of date for 64 bits systems. this is causing your freezing troubles not the site. its adobe's fault not nlop. its insecure. there will be a new version of adobe for 64 bit systems febuary 1st.

• Nl
      20th of Dec, 2017

@Paul r maxwell WRONG!! It's NLOP's Fault. Another [censor] democrat trying to pass responsibility and accountability off on others. [censor] pathetic.

23rd of Jul, 2015

Been there for 2 years. It is just myself and my Wife living here(share same IP#). She has an Account in HER name, and I myself. Sooooo, your telling me/us we are cheating, or against NLOP Policy ???...“You may only register one account for yourself. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you shall not register more than one account, for yourself. If it is determined that you have registered more than one account, then you acknowledge and agree that you shall not be eligible to win any prizes and you may be excluded from play”

Is this the determining factor/answer to my question in the Policy sentence above ? : "...more than one Account for YOURSELF". i was a HUGE fan of FTP for years, but we all know WHOM ruined that for winning CASH prizes(left cause what fun is PLAY winnings only, head was spinning cause of ALL-IN, ALL-IN, ALL-IN, CONSTANTLY pre-flop). MANY $$$ T'neys I entered to win BIG buckies, came close on many, but no Cigar, but it SURE was exciting, bar-none. Like NLOP, BUT, you click MUTE on Ads, Volume comes back, click Ad to run quickly to end, volume comes back on. I, personally, like to ROCK OUT on my WMP Playlists, but "dual-volume" stinks/irritating, the ADS doNOT bother me(been playing Poker for over 42 years, it'd take a freight train to make me lose concentration), they can flash all day, I just wanna rock-out.

23rd of Jul, 2015

do you know who owns NLOP?

23rd of Jul, 2015

Myself and Husband have been there for 2 1/2 years, does the above mean we are "breaking the rules" ? We share the same IP#, but different Accounts, when we play. Curious at the part that says : "...registered more than one Account". We don't mind the ADS(would take a freight train for us to lose concentration playing, been playing Poker itself for about 42 years). We like to ROCK-OUT using our WMP, BUT, does no good to MUTE them(Ads), they rest, and it comes(volume) right back EVEN though the speaker is shown at zero/mute. We understand they have to pay bills, we get that, but the two(2) volumes "Mix" and it's annoying.

Miss FTP badly, until "you-know-who" ruined that Americans winning REAL money. Who in the World wants to play for PLAY money and it's all ALL-IN, ALL-IN, ALL-IN, every PRE-flop you experience, geeeez ?? If NLOP would just MUTE the VOLUME only during Ads when we MUTE them, no problemo here(they can still run the Ads to pay bills).

25th of Jul, 2015

Ok so I play on this site also and never had to pay anything to play what on here is fee based? Also you say they send out checks? I had to set up a dwolla account that my funds go in and then i can withdraw from there

• Ic
      3rd of Aug, 2015

I have been playing here for over 2years, but I have not been able to play on my android phone. Need help please...