NLM Design / Unauthorized charges

I got my credit card statement and noticed a charge for $12.79 from New Liberty Management IN. The phone number listed with this charge was [protected]. Next to the phone number was the state abbreviation of MN for Minnesota, but the area code is for Missouri. I called the phone number and a recorded message stated that all customer service operators were busy and that I should email the company at support@nlmdesign.com. When I checked out the company web page at www.nlmdesign.com there was a phony web-page advertising web design services. I phoned my credit card company and filed a dispute report. They took the charge off of my account, closed the account, and they will issue me a new credit card.

I have never done business with NLM Design. This company is ripping off people with a scam called cramming. Somehow they get a victim's credit card number and they place a small charge that they hope the victim won't notice. By the time the victim might notice the charge and call their credit card company it may be too late to have the charge removed, particularly if it is over 60 days from the time it was charged. Everyone should check their credit card statements frequently and report any unauthorized charges to their card issuer.

A similar scam occurred with my Checkcard a few years ago with a $9.95 charge from a different, fake web design company. I plan to report NLM Design to federal authorities.

Va

Comments

• Da
      25th of Nov, 2008

i had that same problem i'm filing a dispute right now i tried to call the number it had beside it and it was 270-975-4364 and da ### on the phone hung up and now they wont anwser i wish she would awnser the phone cause i will curse dat ### out so bad. i need every last penny of my money and em ### wanna steal my ### oh hell no sumtin has to happen fast.