Comments

• Af
      15th of Sep, 2009

I am not surprised, A absolutely agreed, you can expect any thing from Nitroplanes.com

• Nu
      15th of Dec, 2009

I just placed an order from www.nitroplanes.com. Prior to making the buy I called the company and spoke with an individual who seemed to know what he was talking about. I went to the Better Business Bureau and researched their rating (B-). Not entirely bad. None the less I called their Live Chat and spoke with sam. What follows is a true communication between sam and myself.
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with 'Sam'
    Sam: Thanks for being patient, how may I help you today?
    Benitz: I just purchased 4 CH A-10 Thunderbolt II Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet RTF (Desert). I will like to know what type of batteries it requires.
    Sam: for the remote
    Sam: ?
    Sam: or the plane
    Benitz: My apologies for not greeting you. As I stated before I just purchased a I just purchased 4 CH A-10 Thunderbolt II Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet RTF (Desert). I need to know the type of batteries it requires and the price.
    Benitz: I need the price and part number for both items.
    Sam: sorry no spare battersy for this plane
    Sam: check back
    Sam: 4-6 weeks
    Sam: once get get them in
    Sam: we will update the website
    Benitz: Are you telling me that you cannot tell me the type of battery that is required for this type of plane?
    Sam: tis a 11.1v 2200 mah
    Sam: Battery: 8.4 V 650mah Ni-MH this is the stock
    Sam: battery
    Benitz: Thank you very much. How about the price?
    Benitz: Hello is there anyone there?
    Benitz: I have the distinct feeling that the reason your company has a B- rating is due to responses like the one shown above.
    Benitz: I have been waiting for a reply from you for the past 5 minutes and it seem like you simply forgot about me.
    Sam: no price
    Sam: we dont have it yet
    Sam: check back
    Sam: 4-6 weeks
    Benitz: Thank you for the chat. You have a nice day.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

I get the distinct impression that sam does not look anything like the person on the live chat picture. His/her English is not up to par and his or her customer service skills are marginal at best. After this experience I am in great hopes that there are no problems with the plane (once I get it). At this time I cannot completely agree with the commentators above but, I am not entirely pleased with the chat service. Buyer bewares.

29th of Jun, 2010

i got a dynam cub from them for xmas, and before i got to fly it, the transmitter and reciever became incommunicado - instantly one of the reps said " ill send you a new transmitter!" well, how do i know i need a new transmitter??? he said ok send them both to us - $10 back to Ca. or wherever, and they sent (now remember this was a new system that was broke ) a old, dusty, rusty, scratched up, shopworn transmitter and a reciever that had obviously been in several airplanes as well- the antenna wire was /is almost broke, but the system works, and i just wrote it off as a bad experience, wanting nothing more to do with the company
    ( i had included a note in the sent parts box (the phone and internet communication was/is a joke )-- "please tell me how much i owe you to upgrade to your proprietary 2.4 GHZ system, ill pay it "-----nothing --- im running the 72 MHZ they sent, when that planes in the air

• Ro
      14th of Sep, 2010

These people absolutly SUCK and are ignorant to boot. After 6 weeks I still did not get the new battery for my BeltCP and the BANNED me from ordering any parts for it. This after I insisted I wanted the battery and NOT a refund after I had sent it back TWICE. All after I spent $450. with them. I am sending all my RUDE transcripts to Esky in a fromal complaint. BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT NOT FROM THEM!

• Pa
      6th of Feb, 2011

Anyone reading this nonsense: Nitoplanes has the best customer service i have encountered.You simply need to follow the proper channels by going to RCDiscuss and explaining your problem to cusomer relations.Read the forum and you will see any legitamate problems resolved.The most common problem is people getting in to something the could not possibly understand much less succesfuly fjywithout researching it first.These aircraft are not toys, and they are complicated.Countless tutorials are available to see what you are getting into.This is a great hobby as long as you are seriouse.I hope this is helpfull.

• Bo
      5th of May, 2011

Purchased an Esky King 2 6 channel from this company back in Christmas of 2007, went to hook up everything even switched on the TX before hooking up the helicopter, to my surprise the helicopter tried to take my head off and started acting crazy like it was demon posessed, could not send it back for refund because product warranty had ran out, whatever you do don't buy from the goons or you will get skinned alive, trust me, dont buy from Xheli or the other 2 companies NItro RCX or Hobbypartz either>:

• W9
      24th of Dec, 2011

I totally agree with the negatives about this company's products. DO NOT BUY from them all of the stuff is sub par. I bought a F 15 RTF and it was POS out of the box the electronics gave me nothing but issues. The plane was trash in 2 flights if you can call them flights. Hell i figured like most I would try these cheap Chinese deals cause the video reviews these guys do so well makes you spend your money real quick. But if you do a search on the internet you will find multiple sites with 100s of complaints about the customer service and products. Do yourself a favor buy American made rc products you will be much happier in the end.

For more info on my story look up w9jcm on rc universe and read the blog.

• Ni
      11th of Jun, 2013
    Nitroplanes.com - Deceptive sales and evasive response
    Nitro Planes Inc
    City of Industry
    California
    nitroplanes.com

Nitro Models Inc (importer and seller of high end radio control equipment for the recreational hobby industry) is engaged in deceptive trade and other unethical practices that harm consumers. They solicit and advertise
    discounts they don't honor, process orders in a way that takes unfair advantage of the buyer, and make it unacceptably difficult to get a refund. Including original charges the total costs involved may exceed $2000.

Last month Nitrplanes.com (Nitro Models Inc)
    in California advertised a 15% off Memorial Day Sale. The website offer specified 'it could not be combined with other offers'. However, the website also featured an unqualified 'take an extra 5% off coupon' (no restrictions specified) for liking them on Facebook.

The order form would not accept multiple discounts and I specified (logged comments on the order) that if the multiple discounts were not applied then the order is cancelled. I received an order confirmation that revealed they did not honor the discounts nor did they cancel the order. The order they processed was therefore unauthorized.

It's difficult to contact them by phone and contact is effectively channeled through E-mail. I contacted them and the response was
    they could not stop it from being shipped but for me to refuse delivery and they would issue a refund. But with no tracking info provided, I didn't know when to expect delivery. A delivery signature wasn't required and the package was left on my doorstep.

Another e-mail resulted in another delay to get an RMA. It did not include return shipping. Another e-mail resulted in an argument that resulted in their reluctantly issuing a paid return shipping label.

With each contact I asked for an immediate refund but was refused. I have contacted PayPal for assistance and while they are trying to help I still have been delayed in getting this resolved and my money back of $176.

The attempted purchase was made 5-24-13 and I have yet to receive an appropriate response from Nitro. I asked for a manager and was offered the name 'James' as manager of customer service with an e-mail address of
    aidenjames0@gmail.com. I wrote to him to on 6-4-13 for an immediate refund and to detail my concerns and complains but have not received a reply.

Clearly this company is engaged in deceptive trade and other unethical practices that harm consumers.

• Da
      26th of Jun, 2013

Bought a Dynam E-razor helicopter RTF six months ago. The radio did not work. Called several times and finally got a live voice. I told him what was wrong and he said they would ship me a new radio. Got it three weeks later installed the batteries and the chopper went crazy. Runs wide open but will not get off the ground no matter what corrections I make. The plane is defective.
    I have called repeatedly and they will now answer or return my calls. I went to their website several times and submitted a ticket on their support center and got no response from any ticket. I have ask repeatedly for an RMA so I can return the product. I am out about $240.00. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

• Fo
      8th of Jun, 2015

Do not buy from this company. They do not stand behind defective products if you do not call within 30 days. They are not worth your time or money

• Ju
      3rd of Jul, 2015

I am from the Philippines and my son bought an item with NITROPLANES.COM online. They cancelled the order of my son after he has placed his payment that is worth $125 in dollars and in pesos that is worth 5, 600 in pesos philippine money. My son is in his first year in college and he spent his savings on the item he bought on nitroplanes, com. I believe that this website is a SCAM.. I will post this on facebook so people may know that this website is nothing but full of lies and this is a SCAM WEBSITE!!! We will have this investigated as we have connections in the US that can shut down this company...