NitroPlanes/Alpha Jet / Bad Product

*******BEWARE******of NITROPLANES.COM
Ordered an Alpha Jet RC model that arrived like a "lemon" car. I experienced a very aggravating time with contacting their tech support and I didn't know exactly why the models wing servos and elevator servos would not work. Waited in a telephone que for an hour to finally get to somebody and they dropped my LONG DISTANCE CALL! Had to call back-NO ANSWER. Finally got a hold of a human on the web chat site and they wanted me to pay a 15% restocking fee AND RESHIP the plane back to CA for $25! AGAIN for a thrid time!
Yes! They do NOT care about YOUR satisfaction. I was in RC flying for YEARS and I finally wanted a plane and I TRUSTED NITRPLANES and they made me look bad in front of my wife for all the problems I had encountered. After threatening to go to YOUTUBE with all my problems and show EVERYBODY the piece of crap they sent me they agreed to a full refund...however, I still had to REPAY the lousy shipping back to them and the total cost of their encounter WITHOUT A PLANE WAS $50+ dollers! in shipping w/insurance and receiver sign so they wouldn't try to rip me off again one last time. Stick with a LARGE OUTFIT or AMAZON and stay away from these scammers that will MAKE MONEY ON RE-STOKING FEES from RETURNS.

Comments

• Jj
      30th of Jan, 2011

Alert! Be careful ordering anything from Nitroplanes. This company sells shoddy products, appears to have no quality control, and has the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with through the years.

The main problem is that they want to charge you shipping costs to return a defective product. We received our plane but had very bad experiences getting them to respond once we realized it was defective. American Express intervened and that was the only point where they started to become responsive. Even though they eventually conceded that the plane was defective and refunded our money for the plane, they DID NOT refund our money for the shipping (over $30). Be wary of doing business with them unless you are willing to PAY YOURSELF for returning their shoddy merchandise. Tell anyone you know who is a serious plane hobbyist to avoid Nitroplanes. They don't have good quality control and really don't care when it comes to customer service. I see we are not the only ones who have had major problems with this company. We'll be filing a complaint letter with the Better Business Bureau.