Nitro pdf / Nitro PDF doesn't work, no support, no phone number

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I rarely have a problem with software and I think this is the only software that I was so disappointed with that I had to write up a complaint about it. But it simply would not run on my computer (Windows XP Laptop). It will run once when it’s installed but after that, every time I try to open it, it gives an error and just closes. If it’s reinstalled it will run once and then die again, over and over again. I don’t know how many times I retried it with different versions and different ways, cleaning out everything from the system. It was a nightmare.

The only thing worse than a computer not running is when you pay extra for the premium support only to find that what you paid for was the ability to send them an email. In what universe is premium paid support, just send me an email. That’s why I absolutely had to say something about this. It’ll probably never get read or make any difference but you can't get your money back, you can't make it work, and you can’t get any support. The combination is awful, and when you call the company they don’t care in the slightest.

Nitro pdf

Comments

• Bi
      13th of Sep, 2010

Hi there,

My name is Binh Pham and I am one of the support representative for Nitro PDF Software. My apologies for all the difficulties you have experienced so far with our product.

I would like to assist with your problem you described above. Before doing so, I would need to get further details from you. I will PM you directly.

I look forward to your response.

• Ri
      15th of Sep, 2010

The software is NOT an Adobe replacement. There are many better alternatives. We had a client that purchased 100 copies. They found that NitroPDF prints really slow, will not open all PDF files. When they asked for a refund, the company flat out refused. NitroPDF is a terrible product and a terrible company. Select software from a more reputable company like nuance or many of the other alternatives.

• Ri
      15th of Sep, 2010

NitroPDF Nitro PDF admits software doesn't work, but refuses to issue a refund.

Nitro PDF can take 20 minutes to create a 220 page PDF

Dear Jerry,

I wish I could say it was a config issue but it is a known issue that we are working on furiously.

If you do the one button creation it works very quickly, but if you do a print to PDF it will vary from very quick to very slow depending on what type of objects are in the file structure.

As I said we are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but at the moment there is not much I can do for you.

Sorry about that.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

_____________________________________
    David Okner
    Technical Support

Nitro PDF Software
    www.nitropdf.com
    _____________________________________

The Adobe® Acrobat® alternative.

"Product of the Year" – PC User
    "Product of the Year" – Small Business Technology Magazine

-----Original Message-----

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:56:29 +1000
    To:
    Subject: Printing: very SLOW - Professional - Free

>Submitted: 7/15/2010 1:56:29 PM (UTC)

>Product: Nitro PDF Professional v6.1.1
    >Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)
    >Serial: NP6D5837159012C80B6
    >Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Standard Time
    >---------------------------------------------------
    >When printing to the PDF creator it can take 20 minutes to create a 220 page PDF. I did the same with Adobe Pro 7 it's done in about 3 minutes. I think I may have a configuration issue. At least I hope so since I purchased 100 licenses. Please help with this. thanks

30th of Jun, 2011

Hello,

I have the same problem as the thread starter with Nitro PDF on my Notebook (WinXP SP3). On my desktop PC it works like a charm (same windows version). Interesting, Foxit Reader encounters the same problem. Perhaps it is a component they both use?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Re
      28th of Apr, 2012

I purchased Nitro PDF Professional (6.2.0.22) and after 3 weeks the program will not allow a save due to a pop up "share violation". On their site it says to save as so now every time you edit you must create a new document, delete the old one than rename the document to reflect it as the original or one would have many documents, each time you modified it. This is a POS and I would never buy this buggy program and crap company with no support or phone number. I tossed this in the garbage where it belongs than purchased Adobe. This program is not a money saver but a waste of money as you must buy a replacement program. Avoid this program & company at all costs.

29th of Apr, 2012

Nitro 7 obviously has a number of problems. I used version 6 for a couple of years and frankly love it. Solid performance on my Windows Vista laptop.
    I have had reasonably good response to problems but as of yet no cures. One of their techs spent 2 hours trying to work out why I was having problem. No joy there but I couldn't fault the service on a lack of trying.
    I hope they work it out. Some of the newer features are going to be very useful I think.

• Wi
      24th of Apr, 2013

I have a backup disk for Nitro PDF Professional provided by Nitro with the serial number printed on it. When I attempt to upgrade I am told that it's not a valid serial number. Since Nitro doesn't have anyone, even in sales, who knows how to use the phone and answer questions, I guess I'll just move on to another company to satisfy my needs.

• Ce
      27th of Jun, 2013

hi everybody, i am using Nitropdf professional and it do not let me add a text box or a text on a pdf file. i sent a crash report and original files several times but still there is no answer from Nitropdf, i did not understand why? can you help me? thanks.

• Ra
      15th of Oct, 2016

when my internet is on and open nitro pdf pro 10 and open product tour it opens and gives script error. BUT WHEN INTERNET is disconnected no such error is given. my operating system is windows 10 pro 64 bit.

13th of Jan, 2017

In 2017, nothing about support seems to have improved with Nitro PDF. Customer support is virtually non-existent. The main office phone number ALWAYS goes to voice, and mail that never gets responded to. Their claim that they have a stellar reputation for customer service...is a total lie.

16th of Jan, 2017

Customer support is non-existent! None of the customary communication methods get their attention. Something has changed for the worse at Nitro PDF. I am afraid that the version that I currently have, is the last that I will have. Either the company has started ignoring it's customers, as a cost saving method, or they have totally shut down the business. Either way, they are showing the classic signs of a company in financial distress and they are no longer working to maintain their customer base or product(s). So long Nitro, it was good while it lasted.

• We
      9th of Mar, 2017

I trialed the product, and was interested in it for our growing company. Asked a few simple licensing questions for business and personal use, actually as a test of their customer support. In the same email, at the end as a BTW, I asked when they were going to fix the print scaling default issue several folks have asked about on their forum.

Instead of an answer, I received, "We received an inquiry via our sales webform located at https://www.gonitro.com/pro/business and have since determined that your request is in relation to product support...Please visit https://www.gonitro.com/support to gain access to our extensive support resources. Cheers, Nitro Software, Inc."
    So I reply, "No it really wasn't a support query. While I asked when you're going to fix the print scale function in a "btw" at the end, I was asking about licenses for our business and personal use. That's sales. How can I ask a support question when I don't have the product yet? And I think it's pretty unreasonable to re-ask a question submitted in an online form when I don't even have a copy. Please answer the questions. You're giving a bad first impression as a product that we're considering to replace Acrobat."
    After two days of no reply, I had to follow up: "No reply, huh? Not boding well for team Nitro so far. If the sales department is not willing or able to answer business pricing questions, nor even forward what it believes to be a “product support” question to your own “support” department—instead asking a potential customer to resubmit—well, YGBSM. If you were my sales department you’d be fired.
    And the fact that there’s NO way to contact you except through web-based email. That’s scary. Your negative reputation on the web may have been well deserved.
    Too bad. We kinda liked your product."

I guess this exercise clearly blew the claim of stellar customer support out of the water. No more contact emails or phone numbers. Too bad. It had potential.

16th of Aug, 2017

Hi
    How can I copy polygon line from one nitro pdf file to other nitro pdf file.
    if I tried to copy, horizontal polygon line will be vertical in destination file. Please can you help.