Nitin Chanana / governing body of insurance council (gbic)

1 India

I received a call from Ms Shivangi, mob no. [protected], on 15-6-17, who introduced herself as senior accountant in GBIC Pune. She informed me that I have been issued a bonus of Rs 124690 against my policy Of PNB METLIFE (Which I do not have) and the amount will be transferred to my saving bank account after submission of documents- address proof, photo ID, copy of front and last page of policy, 2 photos and a cheque of Rs 23690, in favour of GBIC-CAD.
For authentication they gave me a File No. and a counseller Ms Neha Sharma, mob no. [protected].
When I asked her to send the bonus intimation on mail, she refused to do so and told that I must have received it from the agent through which the policy was taken, but since the agent is absconding they are informing me on phone as it was the last day. I was sent the address and the cheque amount and name through message on phone. Very short time is given to send the docs and cheque through courier and was asked to message the docket number by evening so that the processing of file can be started.
They have called 3-4 times and said that the file will be closed and I will not be given the bonus if I don't send the cheque.
I have verified from GBIC Delhi Office and Pune Office whose numbers are available on website. Both refused GBIC doing any such calls. This made me suspicious about the whole thing and I decided to lodge a formal complaint. The worrying point is they have my details of SBI Life policy and the amount of premium that I have been paying. I dread how much more of my information is available to them.
I think there is a big gang involved in this and are trying to extract money from people in the name of GBIC and insurance. I request all to be careful of such frauds and request GBIC authorities to take this matter in their hands and punish those involved in spoiling the name of GBIC

Ni