Nissan / rust holes in botton of altima 2002
Well I will keep it short. Owner of a 2002 altima; car has been services at the nissan dealer for over 5 years; well to my surprise after a service call three week ago I was told by the service person, to come into the area where they actually service the cars (note never been in there before) he then showed me another altima that have hughe holes in them; proceed to tell me that is the same thing on my car except on both sides of the underbody. I was in total shock. He then referred me to call Nissan Canada, because he felt that this may b e as a result of a defective material. I call and off course all they can do was apologized. I went back to the dealer and was referred to their body shop person. I went and he took a look and stated "I am not going to even touch that, but gave me an estimate of over $3200.00. Again call back nissan and they were quite apologizing, but no assistance offered.
I spoke a few times with the servicer manager who responded, "well my technicians are not trained to look for rust holes." In the same breath she stated, "well if it is a safety issue then we will make a note and advise the customer.: Well obviously that is so contradictory. In any event I have and independent person take a look at the car and note the following.
1) this did not happen in the last 2 months as alleged by nissan. 2) I bought a rust proofing package when I purchased the car, only no to be told it is actually crap and was pointed out to me that areas of the car that should have been rust proof was never done.
I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED, BECAUSE THIS WAS LITTLE DREAM CAR. AFTER INVESTING TO PURCHASING THE CAR AND KEEP IT MAINTAINED ONLY TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN. I WANT NISSAN TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY, BECAUSE THE DEALER SHOULD HAVE ADVISED ME MUCH EARLIER THAT NOW AND IF IT A DEFECTIVE/POOR SUBSTANCE OR PART THAT WAS USE THEN DEFINITELY THEY SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. SECONDLY THE COMMENTS MADE BY THE DEALER ABOUT HER TECHNICIANS ARE NOT TRAINED, IS A LOAD OF CRAP, BECAUSE AS NOTE ABOVE SHE ALSO STATED IS IT WAS A SAFETY ISSUE THEN THEY WILL NOTIFY ME. I BELIEVE THE STAGE IT IS AT AND EVEN PRIOR TO THE STAGE IT IS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. WELL THAT IS IT IN BRIEF.
SO WHAT CAN BE DONE OR WHAT IS NISSAN PREPARED TO DO!
More Nissan Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nissan - 2016 nissan rogue
- Nissan Motor Company - air flow sensor design in nissan serena
- Nissan Motor Company - nissan sentra
- Nissan Motor Company - reed nissan w colonial dr
- Nissan - 2016 nissan altima