Nissan Canada / poor customer service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Recently a recall item that I never recieved notice for, failed.<br />
My Catalytic converter blew up and caused my engine to blow as weel sice parts of the catalyst sucked back into engine apparently a common thing that has happened and has caused the engine to catch fire which is why a recall was issued. My car never caught fire thankfully because I had my family in the car when this happened.<br />
I was told by a Nissan rep. Daniel who was nothing but rude and ignorant, that I had to get my car to a Nissan dealer (the nearest one is approx. 450 km away) and if the part was found defective Nissan would cover towing costs. The towing company was going to charge $1300 + to tow it, I was to pay cash up front, well like most people I don't have that kind of money to hand out, so I drove 100 km rented a car dolly from u-haul, drove 100 km back put the car on the dolly and towed it with my half ton to the nearest dealer dropped it off and drove back home a total of 1029.2 km approx. $160 for gas. Well it was determined the catalytic converter was defective but Nissan will NOT reimburse me for the rental of the car dolly or my gas because I choose to tow it myself rather than pay $1300 or more to have it towed by a company. Roadside will not cover this is what I was told even though I explained I just saved Nissan over one thousand dollars. Hmmm makes a lot of sense. I was considering trading my Altima in on a new one but Nissan can keep their junk, I will be trading my car in on a new one but I assure you it will be anything but Nissan.

Comments

• Ya
      21st of Jul, 2010

Ive beeen a nissan owner for about 3 year. I love my truck its a beauty ... Last mounth i was on my way home from work a gravel road that many people travel every day 24hours 365 days a year. While i was driving, the driver side air bag deployed on me, i was not injured . To get to the point i went to my dealership with this problem they looked it over and said this was not right, , , we will help you threw this.. the next week Nissan brought enginners from vancouver and sent the airbag manuels for testing, they came up with the conclusion there was nothing wrong with the moduals so they dealer ship said i most of hit something or have bottom out on the road, they would not cover me and told me to go threw insurance ... I went threw auto pac (MPI) they looked at the truck and they seen no evidence showing i hit anything or bottom out so there was no insurable persue, , , so they couln't help me.
    I went back to the dealer and they said talk to nissan canada so i did, they said that all moduals where working correctly so i most have hit something or have bottomed out and would not help me out.

with all the toyota issues going on i think this is rediculous i could have been seriously injured .
    I picked up the truck from the dealer last week becausde i needed a vehicul and the bill was 4000$
    please let me know what u guys thhink about this story

• Re
      8th of Dec, 2010

Nissan DOES have the worst customer satisfaction. I recently received a letter from nissan about a defective fuel gauge recall for nissan pathfinders 2005-2008 covering up to 120, 000kms. I own a 2005 nissan pathfinder which experienced this issue approximately 2 years ago...when i was BELOW 120, 000kms. This was an issue i figured wouldn't be too big of a problem so i just left it because it was an expensive fix. But, when i got the letter last week i decided to look into it. Although i was over the allotted clicks, i figured i'd try anyway, since it did happen when i was below. So i called nissan canada, and i believe the same guy that was talked about above, "Daniel" was the person helping me on the phone. And with the same ignorant attitude and rude demeaner he gave me no suggestions in how i can solve this matter. Seems to me, nissan purposely sends these letters of recall a little too late and offers their customers no alternate form of satisfaction to help any issues we have. I also requested to speak to a manager regarding this matter and he just hung up!

If anyone has an email or number i can contact to speak to someone who can actually do something or even just get this "Daniel" guy fired, please pass it over!

• Ba
      8th of Feb, 2013
    Nissan Canada - faulty auto part
    nissan canada
    Ontario
    Canada

nissan maxima 2009 failed to start at grocery (- 15 celcius temp). 3 hours later towed to nissan dealeship. Service technician said STEERING LOCK MODULE. Common problem on 2009 maxima. $605 to replace

20th of Jan, 2014

very rude, unprofessional customer service agent and finance agent as well..they should learn how to be friendly with the customers

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2014

I bought a quest in July 2011 and the pwr steering fuel pipe has been leaking ever since . I purchased a bumper to bumper warranty with a $50 deductable . I have had the same part fixed 4x and paid the $50 and the $99 diagnostic fee. Since the purchase I have dropped the vehicle off to get parts replaced - but the part didn't show up the first time and then the wrong part came the second time. We still do not have the part. That was nearly three years ago. I picked up my car from the Stouffville dealer paid another $50 to fix the same leaking pipe! Left and now my dash is lit up and the car is making horrible grinding noises when I turn and when I break. I can't get rid of this car fast enough. But I also cannot actually get any dealer to FIX the car or repair the car so it can be sold. The WORST CAR COMPANY EVER! I have never experienced a company that puts so little effort into pleasing the customer . Their shame is my burden.

24th of Dec, 2014

I've been having a lot of issues with my 2015 Nissan Micra, and I took it to the service department 3 times, at which point they found no problem, and have been told everything's fine. The engine has been making alot of unusual sounds when the car is turned on for long duration (over 1-2 hours), and recently the brakes don't seem to work properly, as it was slippery the other night, and I was driving on a road with only 40 km/h speed, and came very close to hitting the car in front of me, at the time of attempting to make a stop at the stop sign. I'm not sure how to go about all these issues, as it's been ongoing and going to my dealership haven't helped me much as they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, and even think i'm making up these issues, as if they don't exist.
    I would like someone to get back to me, in regards to my car issues.
    Regards,
    Mandana

• Zh
      16th of Jan, 2015

I just purchased a brand new 2014 pathfinder at Sunridge Nissan in DEC 27, 2014, I picked up the car by Dec 31, 2014, when we started the car, all the lights on the speedometer, turned on and stayed on, then the sales brought a technician to us, he said just turn to shipping mode, then he pressed some button he thought he fixed it, then when drove it home, it changed to shipping mode again, the speedometer broke down, no signal, no light, no sppeedometer, we called the sales and dropped the car off at dealership by jan 5, 2015, they spent a day to fix, but the same problem came out again and again randomly, then the second time we dropped the car off by jan 9, 2015, at the end of the day they told us they can't fix until january 12, 2015, then they told us again they need to order the part from japan, it takes couple weeks to fix that, during this time we have been called the sales a couple times, he just ignored our phone call, then we went to the dealership spoke to the manager, I explained the situation i had, we request for a new car, they refused our request and told us they would try to fix the car, they told me that they will fix next day, then they called me after next day, it took 2 more days to fix it, and the fuse box already being shipping, they kept postponing the time. I just had my car 7 days and they kept my car more then I had, I had no car with me, I had to take the bus to go to work, dropped my kids off at school, just because they don't know how to fix the car, mess up my life, I am really frustration about how I have been treated.

when the dealership asked me to pick up the car, they should have checked and made sure the car doesn't have any more problems, they gave me a unsafe car for me with 2 young children, and they tried to fixed my car for 2 times, still same problem going on and on, it's so unprofessional, I spent $27000+$5500(financing cost) to buy a broken car from them, I have called and left messages and e mailed the general manager a couple times, she never got back to me, I'm so upset about this dealership, they don't care about the customers, and they don't have any customer service, I am appauled at the service they provided me. It was less than acceptable and I will never recommend this dealership to anyone, and I also posted on twitter to 800 followers, see what treating customers poorly gets you. The way they treat their customers once they have accepted payment is unfortunate. It feels as though they put on an act and as soon as they have payment, they show their true selves. It is frankly disrespectable and disappointing.

• Go
      15th of Apr, 2015

why do you people put incentives on every car and truck you make and not on the best one you make the murano i have had 3 of them all top of the line. I lease the one i have at present untill this aug . but if there are no incentives on this car to lease or buy im thinking of shopping for a gm .ford or toyoto. ...yours truly gordon.dale@rogers.com

• Rf
      25th of May, 2015

My car is a 2003 Nissan Maxima

Approximately 6 weeks ago my clutch wore out so I bought the parts and brought it to a local transmission shop as I am on a budget and could not afford to tow the car to the dealership. Long story short on this part, is they screwed up the job. The clutch pedal went back and forth between mushy and hard, it engaged at the wrong spot etc… After about a week I got into the car and although the starter was spinning the car would not turn over. So I found out that the starter was installed incorrectly and it stripped the gear off the flywheel.

So I decided to bite the bullet and had the car towed to your dealership in Milton Ontario. Now I knew the car needed a new flywheel so I told the service advisor Larry that a new one was on order and I would bring it in ASAP. I ordered the flywheel and dropped it off the following Tuesday May 12th. So my car has been sitting on the lot for a week already. Service advisor Larry tells me it will be at least next Monday or Tuesday before they can look at the car. So on that Tuesday the 19th I called to ask if the car was at least in the service bay. Larry was on holiday that week so I was put through to the Service Manager Mike Thompson. He told me, and I quote “My guys are pushing the car into the service bay as we speak. My foreman and the technician will be taking care of the car”. Now this is an 8-10 hour job at the most to swap a flywheel.
    By Saturday I still had not heard anything so I called on the off chance that someone was actually working a Saturday in the service department. I talked again to Mike Thompson. I asked him the status on my car and he said he didn’t know what was going on. His technician that was working on my car was not in. So I asked him what he meant, he is after all the Service manager and should probably at least have an inkling of what is going on in his shop. He then start to spout apologies and BS about not knowing what was going on. Well that was a wrong answer, I’m pretty sure it’s his job to know what is going on so I hung up on him. I then wrote him an email and told him what a ### I thought he was. I received no response.
    Today I called the service department and was able to talk to Larry as his holidays are over. I asked him what was going on and he was genuinely surprised that my car was not done. In fact, the car had not even made it into the service bay!! So the so called Service manager that doesn’t know what is going on has told me 2 bold face lies in 2 conversations.
    I emailed the General Manager and told him part of the story and explained to him that I will be flooding social media with this garbage.
    His response was thus..
    “Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your email as I decided to share it with the entire Service staff as I am trying to get updates on your vehicle.

Unfortunately this was a combination of Service and our shop foreman not communication properly. The vehicle is already in the shop‎.

Regards, Tim”

So now I am even more annoyed than before. It’s pretty obvious that there was some miscommunication going on, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out. What a farce!! As I said I will be posting this garbage on every website I can think of. Maxima forums, Altima Forums, Sentra forums, Facebook twitter, and anywhere else I can think of including the BBB.
    Somebody needs to sit down with the Service Clown and let him know what his job description is, because not knowing the state of cars in his service bay is not only a joke, it is unacceptable when it is his job to know.
    So I paid 800 for the first clutch job, plus 500 for the clutch, 800 for a fly wheel and thanks to your Service Clown’s mismanagement, 1200 dollars for a rental while my car rots on your lot. And now I have to pay the service clown another 800 or more…

• Ar
      6th of Nov, 2015

poor customer service
    if you thinking about purchasing a Nissan car then please don't .The worst customer service I ever had to deal with.
    My blow motor was making a lot of noise so I went see a dealership woodbine Nissan. They talk me that I need a new blow motor and they could
    replace right now and that it's cover by my warranty if I could wait 1 hr, so I did. When I came back car was not ready, they said they have to order the blow motor and they gave me a 1200 $ recommendation list of thinks it should be done on the car . My concern was not even look after but they had time to check everything else. At that point my car had only 40000 km. When I had 47000 km I went to another dealer closer to my house so they could order a blow motor like the other dealer talk me, since the car it's still under warranty . This time this dealer took out a motor and it turns out that it's nothing wrong, it's just some leafs stock inside the blow motor and charged me 150 $ for clean up. The only reason I went there because one dealer said that after their diagnostics I need a new motor and since my car is still under warranty I want take care of this right now, but I end up paying 150 $ because another dealer find some leafs . When I called Nissan Canada I talk them that one dealer lied to me, they said that I should take this with a dealer . Shame on you NIssan, I hope that this 150 dollars will help you because I will never spent a dime at Nissan and I will never buy another car fro Nissan...

• Al
      4th of Dec, 2015

STAY AWAY FROM HUNT CLUB NISSAN!!!, they do not honour the warranty that comes with the vehicle and are money hungry thiefs, I have a 2014 Versa Note that had a bearing issue that I brought in to the place where I bought the vehicle which is Myers Nissan Orleans, they fixed it under warranty but six months later I was having the same issue so this time I brought it to Hunt Club Nissan because it was closer to my place, they told me that this time that they would have to charge me because they only fix a warranty problem once, I was infuriated so I took it back to where I bought my car originally to Myers Nissan and they fixed it free of charge, STAY AWAY FROM HUNT CLUB NISSAN, THEY DO NOT HONOUR WARRANTY WORK AND WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF!!!.

• Sh
      28th of Feb, 2016

Purchased a new 2015 Murano. The salesperson was terrific, listened to our want, and was able to get us our SUV at a good price. The sales manager, Orest (at Plaza Nissa Hamilton) was agressive, disrectful, condenscedning and played every gimmick in the book to sell us an extended warranty or other extra - admonishing us for our refusal to buy in. We went into his office saying we were not interested in any extras, but he proceeded with a prolonged verbal assault. We had to get up and leave when he finally backed down. We felt horrible walking out of the dealership when we should have been thrilled. Never again with Orest or this dealership.

• Ed
      11th of Apr, 2016

2015 sentra terrible seats like sitting on a rock are there airbags in the seat that i could poke a hole in i have had it for over a year have 3000 k on the car no one wants to drive it i wonder if i could find better seats at the auto wreckers or maybe trade the car for toyota

• Gz
      26th of Sep, 2016

My Husband just watched a most disgusting new commercial re the Nissan Rogue. The creature ( snake )in the video is disliked by me and many, many people. He has warned me not to watch it. How dare you.
    I have a Nissan Cube ( 2009 ) which I absolutely love. Have been wondering which Nissan I would purchase next. It's a fact that such a commercial will deter some people, me included, from purchasing another Nissan. So sad.
    Yours truly, G.Z.
    P.S. Could not find the " contact us " venue, so used this

• Ni
      28th of Nov, 2016

Our 2014 Nissan Maxima needed new brakes with only 41000 km but Nissan would not do anything so we were going to buy a new 2017 Maxima next year but will not buy a Nissan product again. So sad because this was our 4th Nissan.

• Cl
      12th of Jan, 2017

I bought a 2016 sentra in Aug of 2016. In late December 2016 I noticed the paint was chipping behind the passenger doors. By time I was able to get the car into the dealership to have it looked at the odometer read 22720kms. both the dealership and myself were busy over the Christmas break.
    When I had this chipping problem looked at, the dealership deduced that the problem was caused by the doors being improperly set from the factory and stones had eroded the paint. Apparently, because I had put on 2500kms over the Christmas break this factory defect had become my fault. I called Nissan customer service and explained my situation to them. Their answer was it's over the 20000kms warranty and they would not be doing anything about it. I now have to pay to get the doors adjusted and pay to have the paint repaired. Case 25196622.
    I find it completely unbelievable how the factory defect, between 20000kms and 22720kms was proven by nissan to be my fault.
    because of this POOR treatment by nissan I would not recommend that anyone buy a nissan product. This was my first and will be my last nissan.

• Se
      17th of Jan, 2017

I BOUGHT A NISSAN ROGUE 2014. AT THE BEGINNING I LIKED IT. 90% OF MY DRIVING IS GOING DOWN SOUTH FOR 8000 KM RETURN. AT LESS THAN 40000KM I WENT TO THE DEALER, CITE NISSAN, FOR AN OIL CHANGE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY CANNOT GIVE THE CAR BACK CAUSE MY REAR BRAKES SEIZED. I TOLD THEM IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE IT SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY AND THEY INSISTED THAT IT WAS NOT. STRANGE ENOUGH CAUSE MY PREVIOUS CAR WAS A CHEVROLET AND AT 72000KM THEY CHANGED THE BRAKES UNDER WARRANTY CAUSE BREAKS SHOULD LAST A MUCH LONGER TIME THAN 40000 KM PROVIDED BY NISSAN . I WAS VERY UNHAPPY AND VERY UPSET. ESPECIALLY AFTER FINDING OUT THAT THE 2014 NISSAN ROGUE HAD 8 RECALLS. AT THAT POINT I DECIDED THAT THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL EVER BUY A NISSAN . FURTHERMORE I HAVE BEEN SPREADING THE NEWS AROUND TO A LOT OF PEOPLE TO NOT TRUST A NISSAN CAR . EVERY TIME I DROVE THE CAR TO GO DOWN SOUTH THE AIR CONDITION FAILED AND AT 50000 + KM THEY CHANGED THE CONTROL UNIT CAUSE IT WAS ON RECALL. SAME APPLIES FOR THE FUEL PUMP, SAME APPLIES FOR THE ROOF RACKS THAT RUST, SAME APPLIES THE TRUNK SUPPORT THAT HOLDS THE BACK DOOR UP. THE WORST PART THEY ARE CHANGING THE A/C CONTROL UNIT AGAIN CAUSE THE A/C IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND THE HEATING SYSTEM FAILED AS WELL. MY NIGHTMARE IS THAT THE DEALER KEPT MY CAR FOR MORE THAN 6 WEEKS CAUSE NISSAN CANADA DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPER PARTS AND THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHEN IT WILL ARRIVE AT THE DEALER. THE FUEL PUMP HAS FAILED AGAIN AND THE DEALER SAID THEY RE-PROGRAMMED IT AND THAT IT SHOULD WORK. THERE ARE OTHER RECALL WORK THAT WAS DONE THAT I AM NOT AWARE OF. FUNNY THING IS, THE DEALER CALLS ME BACK TO TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE TO PERFORM SOME ADDITIONAL REPAIR WORK ON A COUPLE OF RECALLS!!! NISSAN CANADA HAVE TO SHAPE UP IF THEY INTEND TO STAY IN THIS BUSINESS. IT IS SAD TO SEE HOW NISSAN IS TODAY AND HOW IT WAS UNDER DATSUN. I HAVE NOT PICKED UP MY CAR YET AS I AM WAITING FOR A PHONE TO PICK IT UP. WAIT TILL I CALL NISSAN CANADA AND HAVE A PRETTY SERIOUS TALK WITH THEM .

• Da
      14th of Mar, 2017

I can't begin to explain my great dissatisfaction with Nissan Canada. My 2016 Titan XD had a massive transfer case malfunction losing me almost 5 weeks with the truck. Not only did Nissan only offer me 250 in service credit. They will not return my calls. I have left 4 messages on a supervisors phone who was dealing with my case. Named Desiree Rowe and she will not return my call. If you stand behind your product I will happily except extended warranty covered by Nissan. The customer service is a disgrace. I can't believe they stay in business this way ! Thumbs down Nissan. I will never promote your products again!

20th of Mar, 2017

I am on my third Nissan & had loved them until now and it is ALL because of customer service issue. Transmission went on my 2013 Sentra at 81, 821km. Things happen. It was under warranty as it should be so they put in a refurbished one! Service dept gave me no loaner car even though it would take a week to fix. This was definitely a Nissan problem & you would think they would go out of their way to accommodate their customers so they have positive reviews & sell more cars. NOPE and 22 days later had a Transmission issue AGAIN, and AGAIN no substitute car for my inconvenience. Had to go rent car again. My brother has a Honda & the dealership gives him a loaner car even when his car is just in for service and my friend's Audi dealership gave them a replacement Audi for the week when they hand work done and neither have extended warranty with their cars. Now that's the way to keep customers coming back cause we all know "things" break down, so take responsibility for your products AND look after your customers!! With all the competition in cars out there, NISSAN, have you not heard that the "little things in Life mean ALOT". So far, Thanx for nothing Nissan and you can bet my next car & my son's First car next yr will NOT be a NISSAN.

• Fl
      22nd of Jan, 2018

Nissan Micra 2015 Safety Recall.Side Airbags Deploying. Received letter from Nissan Canada informing that I needed
    to take the car to the dealer to have it fixed. Was then informed by the dealer that they had no parts available for this fix and
    no ETA for them. As it is a safety issue I reasonably expected you would entitled to a courtesy car until it was fixed.No such thing both Nissan Canada and the dealer
    informed me that no courtesy car would be available under this recall. Which leads me to the next question, under what circumstances would one be available!!!
    As someone else said earlier there next car will not be a Nissan.Terrible Customer Service