Nine West / Horrible management and poor customer service

Vacaville, CA, United States Review updated:
3.2
Phone: 707-448-8929
The Nine west location in the Vacaville Oulets has the worst management and the poorest customer service! I do not recommend any one to shop there at all! I tried returing a pair of shoes purchased off the clearance rack from a purchase 1 month prior. The manager Vera accused me of wearing the shoes, accused me of purchasing them from Ross and trying to return there, she did not beleive I bought them from the Folsom outlets. She infact called the store made me wait 30 minutes to confirm that the shoes was bought there. She embarrased me in a store with over 40 cutomers. She barely spoke any english and barely knew how to operate the computer. DO NOT SHOP NINEWEST!
Sh

Comments

Ms
  6th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
On March 7, 2009, I bought a pair of your orange reptile NWEECH shoes at the Vaughn Mills location. I asked the sales lady for a size 10 but she stated that she had bought them that same day as they had just come in. She suggested I give the 9.5 a try. I did and they were okay but I loved them especially the fact they were multi color. So I purchased them. That day as with all my purchases in Nine West excellent service, hence why I continued to purchase shoes for the company.
I am always shopping, so every time I was in Vaughn Mills I would make an effort to check if my size came in. I was thinking that it may give me a blister on my heel if it was kind of snug. On April 3, 2009 I noticed my size was in stock. This was perfect because I had a wedding the next day and would wear them to the reception. I asked the sales lady that day if I could exchange she said no problem. I had the shoes at home still in the box unworn. I got home and looked all over for the receipt and couldn’t find it anywhere. I thought it would be no big deal as it’s just an exchange for a half a size bigger. I have done this with many other retailers without issue. It wasn’t like I wanted my money back.
On Saturday April 4, 2009 on my way to the wedding I called to double check the exchange I had planned to do as I just wanted to run in and out. I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Mahza. She would not allow me speak, she was talking down to me as if I were a child, and dealing with me as if I was trying to scam the store without giving me the consumer the benefit of the doubt. I’m not sure what day and age she is living in but we are currently in a recession. Many retailers and there staff are putting there best foot forward to ensure the customer returns. I didn’t have to buy shoes from Nine West from here or in the US, I choose to.
I am disappointed because all I wanted was a half a size bigger and instead I got a migraine. This woman embarrassed me by sending out an email with what was going on to all the locations. Instead of using that same effort to attempt to find a resolution for me as what normal managers would do. We live in a day where not everyone will have there receipt. It could have been lost, stolen or destroyed. She shouldn’t even be a manager if she is unable to resolve or suggest options when customers come through the door.

DO NOT SHOP AT NINE WEST...TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE
An
  13th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Nine west is run by the MOST INCOMPETENT people in the entire universe. I was told that the shoes on the SALE RACK, regardless of the listed price, were on SALE for $14.99 on mothers day. When the woman rang up my purchase, there were fedex boxes on the counter and NO screen stating prices or otherwise. She slid my card on the keyboard I NEVER SCANNED IT MYSELF and charged it because it is a debit/charge card. Then I got home (110 miles away) and realized that she charged me $32.24 cents for the shoes!!! Livid, I called and asked to be refunded the money. Store manager REGINALD said Sure just get the receipt. Told him I didnt have it so I would call back when I got home. Called back with receipt. Told basically I cant get my money back. Says the only thing he can do for me is to ship them back. I was like OK WHEN BECAUSE IM A TEACHER AND HAVE NO BUSINESS LUNCH BREAK OR ANYTIME TO MAIL BOXES DURING THE DAY. This guy is just like ok well sorry about your luck. SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK? I called Customer service which is also full of incompetent people. Lady tells me she will have the store credit me back i just need to give her my card number, expiration date, and PIN number. PIN NUMBER??!?!?!?!! Are you FREAKIN kidding me??? How about my social security number and my first born child? SCARY THAT PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS HUH?!
2 days later... still not credited back. TOLD the dumb customer service chick to have the DISTRICT MANAGER CALL ME BACK AROUND 3 or 5 AFTER I"M DONE TEACHING and for the 2nd day in a row, this dumb girl has called me at freakin 10:45AM! AND still I have no money back and my card number is FLOATING AROUND IN SOME DUMB PEOPLES HANDS.
NINE WEST AT THE TANGER OUTLETS IS A SCAMMING COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS. Avoid this COMPANY at all costs. Aldo, Steve Madden and all other companies make great shoes so screw Nine West.
P.s. I have friends who just graduated LAW SCHOOL WHO ARE WAITING TABLES... maybe Nine West could fire all of these DUMB PEOPLE and hire some REAL HELP. UGH.
Pa
  19th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
NINE WEST CUSTOMER SERVICE has a not how we can help you policy, but what YOU, as a paying customer can do for them. I paid 16 dollars to get my shoes before the weekend and loved the style and fit. However, the insoles of one my shoes had come undone. Albeit that it does not make the shoe unwearable, I expect that when I buy a shoe, it should come to me in perfect condition. Customer service told me that they will not give ma discount of any sort that the only option was either I drive to a store and get it exchanged (my options was the airport or another city 6 hours away) or send it back to them. So when I asked her if she would still exchange it for me after I wore the shoes she told me, no ma'm, they have to be unword. In this time of recession you would think companies would be more apologetic! She told me that my other option was to send them a shoe repair bill. And I haven't even worn the shoe. I will NEVER shop at Nine West from now on seeing that they don't mind sending you defective products and are fine not have happy customers.
Mi
  30th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The worst shop in Australia. Will never go there again.
Le
  12th of Apr, 2010
The fake leather on my boots disinegrated, I hardly wore them and I spent close to 120 for them. They were always clean and dry and I kept them in a box, one day I opened them after not wearing them for a year and the whole leather flaked off, their material was cheap. I shipped them back and they denied it saying it was normal wear and tear! NO- the company used cheap materail that doesn't last!! I wore them 7 times, it was a slap in the face. I will never shop NINE WEST AGAIN
Ve
  3rd of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought a pair of boots for my daughter, for Christmas. They didn't fit so I went to return them at the Tampa outlet store. When I got there I found out this store was closing and they would not return my boots. I asked how long they had known they would be closing and the clerk said, "for months." I asked the sales clerk when I made this purchase about the return policy and she never mentioned this store would be closing. I probably would not have bought them as I do not live close to any other outlet. I feel like she just wanted to make the sale. Now I'm out the time and gas money it will take to return these boots. I called customer service and was given an "oh well, I'm sorry." Buyer beware of the Nine West Outlet stores!
Wo
  13th of Feb, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You people are riduculous! This is to angrygirl! My mom works at nine west and she is not incompetent! I am highly offended and just cause you have one bad experience at a nine west does not mean that all of the people at nine west is incompetent! I would like for you to work retail for a week and see first hand what you have to deal with from people like you that is never happy with anything!!!
Ja
  6th of Jan, 2012
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Do not shop at nine west in tyson's corner. I bought pumps for 99.99
and it didn't even last for 2 months. Their quality
Is poor and the customer service is poor. I went to nine west
to return since the leather starting to peel and the manager said
She couldn't do anything and told me it will be a waste of my time
if I were to call her district manager. I will never shop at a place
where customers are treated like crap. They need me
More than i needed them. I hope they go out of business. All they care about is selling
And not talking care of their customers, it's insane.
Ma
  29th of Feb, 2012
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
you guys should understand that retail employees have to follow their company's policy that's part of their job.to return a product or exchange you need to have an original receipt or proof of payment to show that you purchased the product and it's not stolen.
Bi
  2nd of Feb, 2013
I bought my nine west bag at Cebu, Cebu city, Philippines. Just less than 6 months my bag started to peel off like a banana skin. Now i went back to the store i bought it from, their sales lady Nora was very accommodating, asking me information and my receipt. So now she sent it to Manila where the office of nine west store is. 2 weeks later she texted me that the main office decline to accept their product of which i thought being Nine west is a good brand name is just typical making money ONLY store. When i bought my Charoal bracelet and it tarnished (a stain), and when i went to complain they accommodate me right away and assured me that they will clean it and if it can not they will give me a new one right there and then. Now that is what i call a good product, unlike Nine west. I have made a new years resolution that all my nine west product i will be burning them all and will never buy anymore of their products...I AM BANNING NINE WEST INTO MY HOUSEHOLD AND NEVER BUY FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Sa
  22nd of Jan, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Horrible customer service! They over charged me and refuse to give my money back. No one responds to the email you send, the people on the phone and live chat keep telling me I will get a call from a manager - but nothing ever happens! DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE PPL! They are thieves!!! DO NOT SHOP NINE WEST EVER EVER!!!
Cw
  19th of Aug, 2015
Great Mall San Jose, CA
Don't shop at this location, poor attitude and manner when asking to return your items even with the original receipt!

The worst customer service I received! Yesterday, when my sister and I was shopping and returning shoes in your store at Great Mall, San Jose, CA.!
1. When my sister and I left your store after we bought a pairs of high heels yesterday, the security machine rang. I asked your staff to check if she had take off the security stuff, she just said "it is ok" and told us to go. But their security machine also rang again when we went to another store, we felt very embarrassed. We needed to return to your store to ask your staff to take the thing off. We saw the other sales associate who saw us needed help but she just turned away and not willing to offered help even she was 3 steps away from us! Can you believe how your sale assciate's attitude changed after they made the sales and commission?!
2. When we checked the high heels after we were back at home, we realized the two shoes were different sizes. One was 6 1/2 and the other one was 7 1/2. I have never bought a pair of shoes with different sizes shoes inside the shoe box! I thought the most basic training at a shoes store for their staff is to tell them to check if the shoes sizes are match before selling them to their customers. We had to go all the way back to your store again for returning. A waste of time and gas! 3. When we was returning the shoes in your store, your staff(salesperson no.: 78062), with no smiling, and no greeting for us at all, she was looking so displeased when she went back to the desk, and the only word she said was "sh**" instead of giving any apology when she realized the shoes were in wrong sizes. When she gave us back our money, she dropped them in the cashier desk. I asked her to mind her attitude, her reply was "I have said sorry, so what do you want me to do". That was the sorry for dropping the money intentionally to make us feel embarrassed, but I was pretty sure there were tons of other other things she should have felt sorry for! I asked for an apology for the wrong sized high heels and the bad service and attitude she gave us, but she said that was not her fault and rejected to give us an apology! When I asked for her name, she rejected too. I don't understand why such a big company does not ask your staff to wear name tags. I understand she was not the person who sold us the shoes and who earned our commission, but I wasn't buying the shoes from her too! I was buying the shoes from Nine West, if she works for Nine West I believed she should have never said a thing like that! Just only because she wasn't and couldn't earn us the commission, didn't mean we deserved to be treated like this.

I am glad we returned the shoes and since we paid cash, we got our money back right away! This is the worst consumer service at all times! This sales associate should definitely be changed if Nine West does not want to keep losing your customers!
Al
  24th of Dec, 2015
I ordered 3 pair of shoes, and they were lost. I never received them and i was charged. I called, and Nine West just told me to wait for more days, and i waited, and I waited, and nobody could tell me anything never. I am asking for my money back but nobody answers...
Ja
  6th of Jun, 2016
Very very bad online shopping experience frome Ninewest.com
They started to sell used shoe with extremely poor customer service...
refuse to give out name or employee I.D (because don't want to take responsibilities), and hung up on customer's phone call when I asked for last name...(same thing happened for second attempt)
never ever going to shop anything from them anymore...and try my best to let people know about this experience

Nine West Logo Nine West