Nile Swim Club of Yeadon / capitol improvements/new facility

1 Union and Lincoln AvenueYeadon, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610 626-9000

This club is taking people's money and promising a new club. This has been going on for two years and yet there is no new facility. They will take your membership money and make you pay a capitol improvement fee, but there are no improvements. The women's bathrooms are deplorable, the main building is shabbly and the place looks very neglected. I have been told that the capitol improvement fees are used for general operations and this is against the law to take people's money for one thing and use it for another. I have also been told that the person in charge is a 90 year old man who is out of touch and is putting the facility in financial jeopardy. BUYER BEWARE!

Comments

• Mk
      27th of May, 2009

Make that THREE years of taking money and still promising a new club. We belong to the club. We did it mostly because we couldn't afford the other private clubs and did not want to have to rely on a public pool. This would have been our second year. I say probably because something told me to hold off on the dues. I am glad I did as we received a post card that stated they would NOT be opening on time due to inclimate weather prohibiting the repairs. The new open date is one of two 6/6 or 6/13. I am keeping our money in our pockets to see if it is worth doing again. The kids will miss the pool, but we may have to just make frequent trips to the beach instead. Something tells me the new scale model that is on display will be the only new construction seen ever. Very sad.