Nikon / Poor Service/Repair Support

1 1300 Walt Whitman Road MelvilleMelville, NY, United States Review updated:

The service that I've received from the Nikon repair department is absolutely pathetic. I purchased a Nikon S710 camera in Sept '08 and was only able to use it briefly (about 45 days) before the first defect. The camera kept displaying a lens error that prevented it from being used. I contacted the Nikon Service department and was told to send the camera in for repair and that the turnaround is typically 7 - 10 days.

Thirty days later, my camera is still with Nikon on a Parts Hold. The representatives are fairly friendly but not very helpful as they don't seem to have the needed information at their fingertips. It seems that nearly every inquiry has to be emailed to a different department and responses can take up to 48 hours, which is unacceptable for a supposedly cutting edge electronics company. At any rate I am still without my camera and still have no guarantee as to when it will be repaired. I've called over ten times and cannot seem to get have my call escalated to a supervisor. I even called Corporate only to have the operator blindly forward me to a voicemail mailbox. I did receive a timely phone call but still find myself no closer to resolution. Due to the lack of response, I've resulted to a written letter to the CEO of the company in hopes of having the camera replaced.

Nikon has completely lost my faith as a consumer which is sad since I've always been a die-hard Kodak customer and took the leap to Nikon with this last purchase. It's also unfortunate that this is my first experience with the company.

The intent of this complaint is not to sway your purchase decision but to help you make a more informed one. I'm sure that Nikon makes quality products and I understand that electronics do fail however I am extremely let down by the support I've received from the company.

Comments

• Jp
      28th of Oct, 2009

Hi
    I think SONY is better than Nikon, recently i had purchased a Nikon S230 insted of a sony W230. I thought Nikon would be better than SONY, but I was wrong the Images from Nikon S230 is very very very bad, the images looks like as if they were taken from a VGA Camera. I complained the same to Nikon they replied back saying that " I dont know how to take photos". The Auto scene selection mode is totally useless. I think we need to go for SONY insted of Nikon, now even sony has come up with DSLR Cameras.