Nikon — poor service/repair support
The service that I've received from the Nikon repair department is absolutely pathetic. I purchased a Nikon S710 camera in Sept '08 and was only able to use it briefly (about 45 days) before the first defect. The camera kept displaying a lens error that prevented it from being used. I contacted the Nikon Service department and was told to send the camera in for repair and that the turnaround is typically 7 - 10 days.
Thirty days later, my camera is still with Nikon on a Parts Hold. The representatives are fairly friendly but not very helpful as they don't seem to have the needed information at their fingertips. It seems that nearly every inquiry has to be emailed to a different department and responses can take up to 48 hours, which is unacceptable for a supposedly cutting edge electronics company. At any rate I am still without my camera and still have no guarantee as to when it will be repaired.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Melville, NY I've called over ten times and cannot seem to get have my call escalated to a supervisor. I even called Corporate only to have the operator blindly forward me to a voicemail mailbox. I did receive a timely phone call but still find myself no closer to resolution. Due to the lack of response, I've resulted to a written letter to the CEO of the company in hopes of having the camera replaced.
Nikon has completely lost my faith as a consumer which is sad since I've always been a die-hard Kodak customer and took the leap to Nikon with this last purchase. It's also unfortunate that this is my first experience with the company.
The intent of this complaint is not to sway your purchase decision but to help you make a more informed one. I'm sure that Nikon makes quality products and I understand that electronics do fail however I am extremely let down by the support I've received from the company.
More Nikon Complaints & Reviews
- Close Out Genius Nikon D300 Nikon D700 - close out genius scams with rihtbuy digital, everyprice.com and shopcartusa 
- nikon d90 18-105mm VR lens - scam-fraud 
- Nikon Coolpx S210 - lens error - poor service 
- Nikon Coolpix S70 camera - nikon repair service 
- Nikon Coolpix S6100 - battery charging problem
- Nikon P500 Camera - overcharging/misleading
- Nikon Cool Series L18 Camera - broken camera
- Nikon D3100 - tradus not delivering purchased product 
- Nikon D300 Camera Kit - failure to issue credit doa camera 
- Nikon Monarch Riflescope - no communication