Nikon Digital Camera / Best buy performance service plan worthless!
I Purchased a Nikon digital camera 2 years ago from Best Buy along with a 4 year Performance Service Plan. I returned the camera to Best Buy to repair a broken battery door clip and a focusing problem. The clip broke as a result of "normal wear and tear" opening and closing the battery door. Precision Camera in CT, Best Buy's choice in camera repair company's, refused to cover the clip repair under warranty as it was classified as "impact damage". After telling them where to go in regards to the indirect accusation of dropping the camera, they stated that they could not fix the focusing problem as it all had to be fixed or nothing. And, if I chose nothing, they would return the camera unfixed and my warranty was void for any future needed repairs. Again, I told them where to go and to return my camera. Best Buy said that their hands were tied and it was soley Precision Camara's call. Needless to say, I am no longer a Best Buy or Precision Camera customer, as well as an ex-fan of extended service plans.
More Nikon Digital Camera Complaints & Reviews
- Close Out Genius Nikon D300 Nikon D700 - Close Out Genius scams with RihtBuy Digital, Everyprice.com and Shopcartusa 
- nikon d90 18-105mm VR lens - scam-fraud 
- Nikon Coolpx S210 - Lens Error- poor service 
- Nikon Coolpix S70 camera - Nikon Repair Service 
- NIkon coolpix s6100 - battery charging problem
- Nikon Corporation - camera
- Nikon - Coolpix s7000
- Nikon - Nikon camera
- Nikon D810 camera body - Misleading info
- Nikon lens cover - Lack of stock