Nikon Digital Camera / Best buy performance service plan worthless!

1 Salem, NH, United States Review updated:

I Purchased a Nikon digital camera 2 years ago from Best Buy along with a 4 year Performance Service Plan. I returned the camera to Best Buy to repair a broken battery door clip and a focusing problem. The clip broke as a result of "normal wear and tear" opening and closing the battery door. Precision Camera in CT, Best Buy's choice in camera repair company's, refused to cover the clip repair under warranty as it was classified as "impact damage". After telling them where to go in regards to the indirect accusation of dropping the camera, they stated that they could not fix the focusing problem as it all had to be fixed or nothing. And, if I chose nothing, they would return the camera unfixed and my warranty was void for any future needed repairs. Again, I told them where to go and to return my camera. Best Buy said that their hands were tied and it was soley Precision Camara's call. Needless to say, I am no longer a Best Buy or Precision Camera customer, as well as an ex-fan of extended service plans.

Comments

Ms
  1st of Jun, 2010
Nikon Digital Camera - faulty screen (no cover under warranty)
Pixmania
France

I purchased from Pixmania a digital camera NIKON L20 on the 3rd of February 2010. After only one and a half months, the screen was not working already, and I sent the product back for repair on the 25th of March 2010.
After more than 2 months (…), I received an email from Mr James Felix (Pixmania - Customer Service Director) notifying me that the manufacturer refused to repair my camera under 1 year warranty, which is unthinkable for a serious and professional supplier.
Instead, Pixmania offered to proceed with the repair of the camera for Gbp 98.53 (!!) when I paid for the brand new one Gbp 75 (plus VAT and shipping) only in February 2010.
What is the warranty for? Just to mislead and fraud customer?
Now the (faulty) camera is with Pixmania, which will destroy it unless I pay for the repair (and I will not obviously, I would rather buy a new one from someone else more serious).
Massimo S.