Nielsen / victim of a scam

369 Lexington Ave ,2 nd floor, New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-646-340-3723

I received a letter from nielsen with a contrac agreement, evaluation reports & a check (made out to me) for $ 4, 300 . the instructions I got after I call the # and spoke to a guy named Jeff, is that I need to go through three hours of training & deposit the check, the funds will be available to me and then I can start my assignments. I went through the training, the money was in my account...so far everything seems very legit. First I needed to go to the bank & take out $ 3, 800, when I question it, he explained that they wanted to see how I handle big amount of cash. My first assignment was to go to Walmart & by from three different departments no more then $ 100 with merchandise that I can keep but one I'll have to return the day after to see how they handle returns, while at the store I needed to see the over all look of the store, if it is clean, stocked & if the employees wear there uniforms & name tag .I had to filled out a evaluation report, keep all receipts & call him. My next assignment was to go to Western Union at Publix supermarket and make a money transfer to the United Kingdom for a $ 1, 700. I had to come up with a name to send the money too( so I did not suspect any thing) and see how much they charge for service charge & again observed the store & there customers service, I was told that the next day my assignment will be to cancel the transfer & see if they will give me the service charge back to.I did it, filled out my report & call him.the next assignment was to go to anther western union at a different Publix ( which they had problems with, he sad..) & make another transfer to the UK, this time for $ 1, 730. after I was done with my three assignment he congratulated me for work well done, ask me for all the receipts details, he told me then that he would evaluate my performance & that I'll get paid the next day. when I called the next day he did not answer the phone..I tried all day to reach him even call the toll free # & this one was disconnected. The following day I call the bank & they inform me that they just got notice that the check had been return!. So now I own the bank $ 3, 800. I was a victim of a scam!!.

Comments

• Id
      30th of Apr, 2012

Wow. I feel really sorry for you! These scams are getting very good at tricking people. I would NEVER deposit a check in the bank and withdrawl funds with out being sure the check cleared. BUT you never know. Good luck!