Nicholas FinancialCustomer Service

This company recently financed my vehicle. They failed to send out my payment statement until the week that it was due, so since I WORK for a living, I sat down to pay my bills at the end of the week and mailed it out, where they rec'd it 2 days late...2 days! I had harassing phone calls from the starting the day it was due and the reps there are extremely rude and treat you like you don't intend to pay.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Ocala, FL

Then, when I allowed the person to take the payment over the phone and return the mailed check to me, she posted the account numbers incorrectly (reading them off of the last check she had taken from me, not me giving her numbers over the phone) so the check was returned to them. The MANAGER called me and told me that I wrote them a bad check, which was completely false. She was snide and rude and made nasty comments. Upon realizing that it was THEIR mistake, she would NOT apologize, merely stated that she'd put a note on my account that it wasn't my fault. She still didn't feel that she owed me an apology for being nasty and accusing me of writing them a bad check!

Don't take a loan with Nicholas FInancial out of Ocala...you will be SORRY! They will harass you and treat you like you are trash, even if you are someone who does pay your bills!

An

Comments

• Cr
      Jul 15, 2009

Yeah I'm having a bad experience with them as well I got ins. like I was told and then they still put a 3rd party ins company on my account because they said it was only liabilty. And when I went and got ins I ask for full coverage but didn't realize that the girl only signed me up for liabilty. I tried to explain tha it wasn't my fault so why should I pay for there mistake and I was told if i got it updated they would take off future ins. so I did 2 days later I got my bill and there was a ins payment on there so I called them and there excuse was (this time) I didn't do it before June the 27 th and the funny thing was they didn't call me when they noticed it in June they call me about it in July instead of June when they noticed it. I don't owe much more on the car so they are trying to find any and everything to charge me for. I have never !!! been so unhappy and so unsatisfied with a loan company they don't explain to you about the interest and how it works til you sign the papers so NOW your stuck in the contract . Believe me if I ever go and buy another car if they say they can get me financedthru Nicholas I will get up and leave the car there and I WILL make it a point of why and I will let everyone that I know and others Please do not finance your car with them you will regret it. A very very very unsatisfied purchaser.

• Ki
      Sep 01, 2009

I financed my car through them they have done all of the above plus issued a repo on my car even after i was current and up to date on my payments. I was only behind because they were scamming my payments in a way to make it look like i was late, therefore eating up my payment with late fees. Well truth be told i did not allow them to repo it since they have illegally placed negative stuff on my credit even though i was current.

• Ih
      Sep 25, 2009

Ok, first let me state that I agree with everything that you have said about Nicholas Financial. I live in Ohio and the staff at that location are so incredibly rude for no reason! I've been harrassed, had them come and put business cards in my door, talk to my neighbors and I wasn't even 5 days late! The Management offered me a loan extention, like they don't benefit from it, and then because I complained about their customer service took it away from me and said I had to pay my payment right then and there or they were going to issue a repossession order!

They have made me so disenchanted with their company and I will NEVER EVER suggest that anyone go through them to finance their loan! If I ever see one of the women in the office in a dark alley, I swear...you can figure out what I'd love to do to her!

Ok, so then the other thing that they have done is not report my loan correctly to the credit bureau. WHAT A SHOCK! Right!?! I had never missed a payment and I was never late until they screwed me and sent me nasty gram emails and phone calls, and do you think that they reported it correctly then, HELL NO! They continued to report it as I've gone 1 x 30 the whole life of the loan when I have never gone more than 30 days late except that one time when they screwed me over! I'd love to get a class action lawsuit together!

Anyone interested?

• Tr
      Jun 22, 2010

Well I guess the ones in NC are way different the ones in yoru states they have been nothing but polite and helpful and god knows I have been late with my payment perhaps you need to speak with someone in the main office about them I dont' know I wish everyone could deal with my folks because I have not had these problems I guess some people let their jobs go to their heads

• Th
      Jul 07, 2010

I would never go thru them again. They day the payment is due they start the calling. And very rude . Then I moved to michigan from tennessee and I was a couple of weeks late and they came to my door and even took a picture of my home. Told my daughter I better go to the bank. I Dont care if they take the car if its that important and being a week late I will let them take it. I know I will be looking into getting a lawyer and fine out what can be done.

• Lo
      Jul 26, 2010

My husband and I got a loan through Nicholas Financial in August of 2008 and we have been fighting the Florence KY branch, the Cincinnati OH Branch and FL and GA since the loan began. They have charged us over $1, 750 dolloars worth of VSI Fees, when we have insurance and it has never lapsed. We even went so far as to change insurance companies and it still has not helped at all. And because of all the VSI Fees, they have charged us late fees and additional interest.

These locations are the same. They treat their customers as if they are better than you. I would NEVER reccommend Nicholas Financial to ANYONE. I will be contacting the Attorney Generals Office with these complaints and the BBB.

I am up for a class action lawsuit if anyone else is.

• Me
      Sep 09, 2010

We have been with Nicholas in Longwood Florida and I have to say it's been the worst experience of my life they are rude and aweful and do not care if you are in hard times or not we missed one month payment and five months after that after paying every single month they knew we were going to make it up as soon as we could and mind you we made all our payments except for that one and they came and took our truck

Sep 20, 2010

There are many other issues with this company that nobody mentioned. Let me say something from inside out-the collectors are rude-yes, not because they wanna, but because they always have a BIG head supervisor looking over their shoulder just to make sure they don't have a "WEAK" collector in their staff.
    If you are looking for job DO NOT try this company, they will only hire "highly profiled" professional currently working for big companies like FMC, GMAC, Toyota Motor Credit and then if you are not rude enough, you won't last long.
    Everything you are saying is true, I know-I was part of them.

Oct 05, 2010

Although I have no first-hand knowledge of Nicholas company, I can tell you that I have been in auto finance for nearly 2 decades and I do know what I'm talking about. I also know from a little research that Nicholas only deals with people with poor credit.

In my experience, most people who make complaints as those outlined above aren't handling their account in a responsible manner.

Remember that you signed your good name to a contract and promised to make each and every payment on time.

Companies understand that once in a great while people may have a financial difficulty. However, if that difficulty prevents you from making a payment on time, you should be calling your lender BEFORE your payment is due and make mutually acceptable arrangements. Your lender should NEVER have to call you about your obligation.

If people would handle their responsibilities correctly they wouldn't have any of these complaints. I would think each of you would be trying your hardest to pay on time or at least call your lender so your credit score would improve and you wouldn't have to go through a lender who specializes in lending to those who are a poor credit risk.

Grow up and act like most of the civilized world and take responsibility for your own obligations instead of blaming others.

• Rt
      Sep 19, 2019

@Seasoned Lender This company has been sending me fraudulent text messages reminding me of car payment coming due or overdue. I don't even have a car loan, let alone with them. They give a phone number in Carmel, IN, but there is no way I would call them and give these scammers a chance to try to fish for personal information. Have never had an account with them so they must just be sending these messages out randomly.

• Ko
      Nov 24, 2010

A class action suit is in order. I will be happy to take the lead.

• Ko
      Nov 24, 2010

To Seasoned Lender: Please reserve judgement unless you have personal experience with Nicholas Financial. You blame to borrowers without any knowledge of the events in question.
    I am helping a friend deal with them and it has been quite an experience. Most disturbing is their use of "force placed insurance". My friend was billed for this over and over in spite of the fact that her insurance never lapsed. I know because I paid it. I engaged them by phone and by mail yet they never once returned our calls. We intend to file a complaint with the state office of Consumer Protection. We would like to join a class action lawsuit if there is one in progress. They prey on their customers and should be shut down by the state.

Dec 03, 2010
    Best Best Advice

Dont be late on your Payment and you wont be harrassed. Theyve been reporting to the credit Bureau on my loan since the first Month I started paying them, all positive.. WHY? Because I signed binding contract that said "Make a timely payment and you have positive feedback on the Credit Bureau" If your late on any bills these days your screwed, so yes, if I was them Id harrass people for my payment as well, these days noone wants to pay thier bills and why should they keep getting screwed by being nice to people who pay 'when they want' !

Dec 08, 2010

For those of you complaining about force-place insurance (think someone called it VSI). Have you checked to be sure that your deductibles meet your lenders guidelines and to see if your lender has (and always was) listed as loss payee on your policy. Lenders have the right to force-place insurance if the above things aren't met.

• El
      Dec 23, 2010

wow, my wife car was taken last night. It was 3 weeks past due in payment. I understand the logic with this pathetic company. She put down 4000.00 for the car, they now can get more for it at the auction. btw, this is what they told her. "we can take it to the auction and get the rest of the loan"

folks this is the sorry, poor business this company does. not caring that they just took my wife money. But to not even try and give her the opportunity to get her car back... I have more than a few words for this company. Their mission statement is built on a LIE, every thing they say about WHO THEY ARE, WHAT THEY DO, is a LIE... YOUR BRAND IS BUILT ON A HIDDEN AGENDA... you should be ashamed of yourself... sorry [censor], but we're not done with you buddy

Dec 30, 2010

Yes, that's why lenders require money down Elmo; people are more likely to pay if they have something in it...in this case money. Of course the lender wants to be able to get their money back. They paid the car dealer for your car and they want their money back! Remember, if the car doesn't sell for enough to pay off the loan when it goes to auction, you are legally responsible to pay off the rest of the loan and the costs associated with the repossession.

If it weren't for sub-prime lenders like Nicholas, people with poor credit would never be able to buy a car, and have much less opportunity to rebuild their credit.

• Sm
      Jan 14, 2011

Nicholas did me just fine, I had a major job loss and my credit was shot. They were the only lender to give me a chance! Yes the rate was high, they asked a ton of questions and asked for a ton of documents, but they said yes. In 4 years I was late, but called them first, they were always good to me and the time I broke the arrangement they were nice, but I kept my word and paid when I said I would. My credit is in much better shape thanks to them. I suggest the following: call before your past due, read the contract before you sign, no one made you sign. keep your word, and for some you may want to check the attitude...wow

• Su
      Jan 18, 2011

I have dealt with Nicholas Financial in Lakeland Florida for 5 years. My experience with them was great until this last year.
    I had a car loan and put down $5ooo. for this car. My payments were manageable at the time and paid them on time every month. 3 years into my loan, I had developed ovarian cancer and could no longer make the higher payments. I spoke to them and they agreed to redo my loan. It brought the payment to a much lower amount that I could easily pay. However it did extend the loan another year. No big deal. We paid on it and was never late. Me and my husband decided to look into adoption to have more children since the cancer had taken all of my baby making parts out to get rid of it. We have 2 children and wanted more. We had gotten 3 wonderful children. Well with the additions we needed a bigger vehicle. At the time these children were considered Foster Children but the hope was for adoption. So we were also getting $1500 a month from the state to care for them. So when we decided to get a bigger vehicle there was the need and the means to do this. We traded in my car and put down $3000 for a van. Since we had gone through Nicholas for my car I wanted to stay with them. Well 8 months after we got the van the kids went back home. We essentially were crushed were crushed and decided that we were no longer going to try fostering. We decided that it was better to love the kids we have and not try for more right now. So we lost the need and means to make the payment on the van. We did have that obligation and tried everything we could to pay it. We even moved out of the bigger house and went into a much smaller house that was $300. less a month. Well that helped for a short time. I contacted them for November's payment and explained to them that we were having trouble. They did a deferment and I made that payment. Yes you still have to pay the interest that month. At that time I asked that they redo my loan as they did on the previous loan to get a lower monthly payment. Mind you I have NEVER been even 1 day late for a payment. During the month of December I called weekly to ask about the status of my request. I got no answer from them. The payment date came on 12-28. I called them again. In my contract I have a 10 day grace period to make the payment. They finally called me back on the 29 and left me a message on my phone. On the 30 I was able to call them and talk to them. They told me that I needed to come in that day and make a payment, or they would come get the van. Well I was unable to pay at that time. On 12-31 they showed up at my house and took the van. I asked them for a statement that said that they were taking the van and they began yelling at me. They then told me that they were going to auction it and they would garnish my husbands paychecks for the balance.

As far as the insurance thing that everyone is complaining about. I got that letter every 6 months when my insurance would renew. It seems that the insurance company contact the person or company that is listed on the policy even time the insurance expires. Even though there is no lapse and the following day your new 6 month policy begins. All you had to do was contact your insurance and have THEM fax over a copy of your NEW policy. I know it is a pain but I had to do that every 6 months even though I had the same insurance the whole time I was with them.
    They did however send me a letter stating that i could get my van back if I paid the loan off in full. And the date they were going to auction off the vehicle. They sent it to my husband and I did not get one even though I was on the loan too.
    I honestly do not know what happened within their company that made them change like that. But it is truly sad. I have learned that no matter how good and how long of a customer you have been you are only as good as your last payment. I will never again take a loan out to buy a vehicle.
    I guess that I am very lucky and blessed as I feel much better now that my bills are manageable. Yes I know I will still owe the balance. However I am in Florida and they have great laws.
    I am currently driving a car that has been in our family for years and is paid off and runs great. You see my father was there when they took my van. He went home and drove back with my mothers car and handed me the keys.
    Between the payment, insurance, and gas the van was cosing us $600 a month. Now I have extra that I can buy groceries or pay my electric bill when it comes in instead a month late.
    And Mr/Mrs Seasoned Lender I know that you will have something to say about my statement. I welcome it as I have a strong belief that you work for them. and as I believe you do I send you this. I can see a lawsuit coming your company's way. Might not be today or next week. but as I have read here and other places your company has done things that are walking a fine line on the law. As far as my case goes chances of them winning a case in court against me is very slim for the mere fact that I was still within my grace period. I was never late. Also like I said my husband works. I have not worked in 3 years. Florida has a law that prevents them from garnishing wages if only one person in the family works. And even if that was not the case he brings home less than $750 a week which falls under another Florida law. So please I welcome anything you have to say to me.
    Please also be advised that anything you say I will be making a copy of it and if this ever goes to court either by your company suing me or a class action suit against Nicholas Financial this will be entered into that suit.
    So feel free to comment as much as you wish. But if I were you I would take care what you say.
    Good day

• Ta
      Feb 02, 2011

I have two payments left with Nicholas Financial and have nothing but good to say about them. Maybe its the office that you deal with, Im not sure. But I am with their Orange Pk office in Fl and they are very friendly and professional. Mind you I have never been past my grace period. When I took out the loan the dealer was supposed to put my payment due on the 3rd and he did not. It was set up for the 28th instead. The girls in the office know my payment will be in on the 3rd and do not even call me. They even offered to change the due date for me. As far as insurance, I have never had a problem but I have never lost insurance either. I dont find their request on insurance unreasonable. Try letting your homeowner policy go and see what your mortgage company charges. They have ask me if I wanted another loan with them at a much lower rate the second time around and I am seriously considering it. Im really sorry some have had bad experiences, but I have had a very good one indeed.

Feb 26, 2011

First of all I'm greatful to nicholas financial (charlotte nc), however..they did give me some grief in the begining and did treat you bad. It took them a while to get me a statement so I could pay them. After the fist payment there was no problems. My issue was in addition to the 20% interest on 5800 dollars...they make the car dealer pay them 1000 dollars for issuing the loan and basically it was me paying the 1000 dollars. so now the 5800 car is 6800 @ 20%... Thats 9500 over 2.5 years for 5800.00

• Li
      Jun 22, 2011

I have had nothing but good experiences with Nicholas Financial. They financed me when no one else would. Sure, it was a high interest rate, BUT they've helped me rebuild my credit. I've paid my loan 100% on time. The one time my check got lost in the mail, I received a phone call and the gentleman I spoke to was very friendly. I immediately took care of the issue with my bank & went online and paid my bill. I've dealt with the Longwood, FL office and have had nothing but good experiences.

• Su
      Jun 22, 2011

That is fine but so did I . The first time around that is. On the second loan it was a different story.

• Mj
      Nov 02, 2011
    NICHOLAS FINANCIAL - They wouldn't change
    Nicholas Financial

They wouldn't change my car payment day to the 26 of the month b4 I had made any payments they said they would but didn't. Call u every day!

Dec 07, 2011

My husband and I are also VERY interested in a law suit against Nicolas Financial. Our truck was paid for in August of 2011. We received notice from them that they are charging us 6 more payments due to lack of Insurance on our Truck. In 2010 I changed Insurance companies. Let me be extremely clear on this, our Insurance has NEVER lapsed, never. I retired from our Police Department and I'm very insistent that I keep Insurance on our vehicles. They are claiming they had to put insurance on our vehicle because our deductible was too low. When we changed Insurance companies our deductible went from $500 to $1000. Nicolas Financial started charging us for Insurance because our deductible was too low without our knowledge. We weren't even aware that our deductible had to be $500. This in insane! I faxed them proof of our insurance as well as our Insurance Company faxed them we had never lapsed. Our insurance has never lapsed for 1 day, ever!! This has to be illegal. What do we do? It's a catch 22. We have never before been in a situation like this. I am very, very interested in a law suit against this company. The woman I spoke to in the Nicholsville office was extrememly rude. She made the comment that we had been late on payments. I, myself set our payments to come out of our checking account the day we took out the loan. They come out of our checking account automatically on the 3rd of every month when my husband recieves his retirement. The only time it has ever been late was the month AFTER our truck was supposed to have been paid off. When I set up the payments online through my bank I had put in the end date as the date of our last payment. I never dreamed they were going to charge us 6 more payments for insurance they have supposedly been paying when we have proof of Insurance on the vehicle to begin with.

• Pr
      Dec 07, 2011
    Nicholas Financial Inc - Bad service
    Nicholas Financial Inc

I purchased a automobile from a car lot, because I have bankruptcy on my record I had to go with a finance
    company (Nicholas Financial Inc), I asked them to apply all payment overage to the principal, this is not been done!

• Sh
      May 10, 2012

I have a loan with Nicholas Financial and I was doing great, paying on time and such. But in February, I fell ill and was unable to send payment. Notice I said send payment, not make payment; I had the money, but because of the heavy narcotic medication I was on at the time, my doctor and nurses would not allow me to enter into any legal or financial arrangement or conduct any financial business. I tried calling the finance company but because of the medication, they refused to talk to me.

I was released on 4/18 and they picked up my car that night; I'd planned to pay them in the morning after the medication wore off. They took my car and I can redeem my vehicle, but they (Dublin office) won't let me have it back unless I bring the account current (willing and able to do) and pay them $700 in escrow payments. (illegal on their part in this state) Since they never issued a letter of redemption, they cannot auction the vehicle, not to mention my attorney had to file papers to issue a stay on the sale until the finance company submits a copy of the sales contract, with my signature, stating they can request or require such payments. For those of you in the state of Ohio, ORC section 1309 clearly states that in the case of a vehicle repossession, the finance company is required to send the creditor a letter of redemption, which shows the breakdown of the payment required for redemption and demanding escrow payments is illegal. Accelerating the note is illegal if the vehicle hasn't been repossessed prior. They cannot accelerate the note because you have an attorney contact them; it's considered retaliation. They cannot require more than the balance required to bring the account current, plus reasonable fees, which include storage and repossession fees--cannot total more than $100--and they cannot require future payments. They will refer to them as escrow payments and tell you it's required by law for them to collect it, but this is not true and it is illegal for them to do so. They do it because the people they finance have bad credit for whatever reason, but that is not reason enough to treat people like crap. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General in my state and in the state of Florida, where Nicholas Financial corporate office is based. Feel free to make your complaints known, especially if they accelerate the note, refuse to allow redemption of the vehicle or demand escrow payments. All of this is illegal. I can bring my account current and I want to get my car back, but I will not permit this loan-sharking company to shake me down.

• Ri
      Jul 07, 2012

Had my truck taken by them. I was a month and a half behind(due to joblessness). The manager Patrick, and his minions started harassing my wife, at work even after she told them she could be fired by having personal phone calls at work. She then set it up to mae a double payment. She didnt know that I have a daily limit on my bank account, and when they tried to run my card number, came back declined. I called and left a message, as to why it was declined. That night, they got my truck. Called the next morning, and they claim they didn't get any voicemails from me. Now I did tape the call, via my cell phone so I could prove they are full of it. Now, talked to the repo company, and a few dealers and other repo agents(I work in the auto industry) and they all said that Nicholas is one of the dirtest and shady loan companies out there. They have sent us a letter, saying if they make more than what is owed on the truck, they will give us the over. But after dealing with the Villa Park, IL office, I know they are going to low ball the sale. This companies actions need to be taken very serious, when thinking about a loan from them.

• Am
      Jul 18, 2012

I worked for Nicholas for 4 1/2 years and would not let my dog work fir them. This is the worst company EVER. Its not what you know but who you blow. This company will bilittle you, talk about you, and put the dumbest people in charge.

• Am
      Jul 27, 2012

Nicholas Financial was the only company willing to finance a car for me with no credit history. First of all, they charged me 25.41% after I put 11k CASH down. After 2.5 years of making on time payments, things started to go wrong with the car, and I owed too little of a balance to refinance, and I was told I'd have to get a consumer loan to fix the transmission ( just so I was unable to refinance the car), I decided trading it in for a newer car was in best interest. After transferring the title of the previous car to the dealership, they took a monthly payment out of my account and told me they will reimburse me once they recieve the check from the dealership. Now, they're telling me because I have cancelled my insurance for the car, they are going to charge me $50 extra a month. I DONT HAVE THE CAR ANYMORE!!! Why would I continue to insure a car that's not mine???

• Co
      Sep 12, 2012

I have a loan with them and I hate them, I pay my bills, and i called them and told them that I had run into hard times financially, and that I would be basically playing catch up with my bill. They harass the crap out of you even though they are made aware of the situation. Trying to pay this off as early as possible in my 2nd year of a 3 year loan. Took the shorter route and SO GLAD I DID. They suck, JD Byrider didn't even harass me like they do. They even had the nerve to call me at work. And text me like we are friendsThey screwed up on a few of my payments. And I got the same treatment as some of you guys. They treat yopu like trash. And talk to you like trash. Even when its their own fault. And don't expect any apologizes once they admit it was their misunderstanding, and fault. As well as the insurance thing. Apparently when I signed my contract I also sigend up to have new best friend.

• Pr
      Feb 27, 2013

Well plain and simple, when you enter a contract and sign, they inform you of when the payment is due, regardless if they send you a payment book or not, you already know and they mail out your monthly statement and you have to be responsible, I have no complaints with Nicholas Financial, I have kept a very good record of my payments and it has also jumped my credit score a lot, and when I have had an issue with my car payment, rather to have them call me, I call them and they have ALWAYS been more than happy to help me, yes the interest is high buts the price you pay when you have credit issues, but today that's no my issue and thank Nicholas Financial for the chance to prove that some people fall in a hole, but they helped me get out, primarily by me being responsible to what I agreed to ...

• Ve
      Oct 07, 2013

I HAVE NICHOLAS FINANCIAL AND THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD. FIRST OF ALL I DEALT WITH JERRY AT THE SUNRISE OFFICE IN FLORIDA, HE WAS THE RUDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. I GET PAID ONCE A MONTH, USUALLY THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH AND THAT IS ALWAYS THE DAY THAT I MADE MY PAYMENTS. I SIGNED UP FOR A NEW ACCOUNT AND DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO TRANSFER MY DIRECT DEPOSIT IN SEPTEMBER TO THE NEW ACCOUNT. I SET UP THE PAYMENT FOR THE OLD ACCOUNT AND TRIED TO EXPLAIN IT TO JERRY HE DID NOT WANT TO HEAR AND THE PICKED MY CAR UP ON MONDAY MORNING BEFORE I WENT TO WORK. I TRIED CALLING TO FIND OUT HOW I COULD GET MY CAR BACK THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY THE CAR OFF BEFORE I COULD GET IT BACK. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SO FAR. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THEM ESPECIALLY TO THAT SUNRISE OFFICE WHERE JERRY WORKS

Apr 24, 2014

NicholS financial is the rudest loan shark out there and Misty at the Columbus Ohio office is rude trash talking no good whore. I had my payment taken automatically and had full coverage that never lapsed . My insurance agent Fulmer Insurance switched me from personal services to progressive and when they did they didn't list nicholas as the lein holder and now I have almost 1000.00 in charges for VSI. I faxed proof of insurance and yet they. Still won't make it right and when my car was totaled in dec. 2013 they got all there money from insurance company and after that they still were taking payments bc I had my payment automatic taken out and when I told my bank to put a stop on payment they still are charging my NSF fees hello my car was paid off. So now I have to fight the insurance co. Mind u nicholas charged sometime 3 times a month for this VSI . I swear us consumers never win or catch a break. No insurance co. I've talked to has ever heard of this.

Jul 07, 2014

I found a truck on Craigslist I wanted to purchase and spoke with the owner (nice guy) who told me that he still owed Nicholas Financial a little over $5, 000 and that if I wanted to purchase the truck, I would have to go down to their Livonia, Mi. center with him to pay it off. I of course wanted the title immediately, but Nicholas said the quickest they could get it to us was 3 days, which seemed pretty unaccomadating given the fact that the owner came down with an illness and couldn't pay his bills anymore and found a buyer to pay off his loan and could've defaulted instead. I called up Nicholas to speak with a woman named Gerry, whom the owner of the truck was dealing with, and she was so careless that I asked to speak with her manager after only about a minute. I was told by the manager that they could give us a lien release form which I thought I could take to the Secretary of State in place of the title the day I purchased the truck, but found out later I couldn't because it's an out of state title. So now I purchased this truck but can't put it in my name until I have the title, and the owner is actually letting me drive it with his registration and insurance (we just met that day). The day the title should've arrived was Thursday, and it didn't come, so they promised it would come within the next few days but still didn't come. The next Monday I called Shawn from the Longwood branch and he told me to my shock that it would take 10 days to get it because the trucks owner made a debit card payment a few days before I paid it off. Shawn had absolutely no answers and could not accommodate me whatsoever only to say that's the way it is, and when I asked to speak with his supervisor, he told me he didn't have one. So I called the toll free number on their website and was directed to Don Fein who told me that the reason it takes 10 days is not because of a debit payment but because they have to request a title, as they own the truck but don't possess the title. Don told me that there was some new program going on within the last 60 days and there was some confusion about how to deal with issues like mine, which was very discouraging, I mean, how hard can it be for a company that deals in auto loans to find the title. How incredibly unaccommodating!

I'm still driving with the original owners plates and insurance one week after purchasing with no idea of when we'll actually get the title, as even today 3 people from Nicholas have told us 3 different things (one woman told us that they sent the title out last week). The original owners insurance ends in less than 10 days, which presents another problem...can I even insure a truck in his name? I park in public parking in a downtown area, and don't know how long the police are going to let me park or what they'll think if they find out about this confusing situation. I'm so glad the owner is such a cool guy, otherwise Nicholas Financial would've created an incredibly volatile situation.

A good method to judge a persons character is to observe how they treat the least among them. That should go for businesses as well, and Nicholas Financial, who didn't need us at all once we paid them off, has failed us utterly!

• Fl
      Oct 09, 2014

they are rude and condescending in their approach to customer "service" I am an internet marketer and will do my best to spread the message about what a terrible company they are

• Nn
      Oct 21, 2014

My husband has a car loan out of KY through Nicholas Financial and we relocated cross country about a year ago. He has always paid on time bc we set it up as auto payment. Recently he was laid off so i called to ask for an extension or make an interest payment. The branch manager was very nice and understanding and told us just to keep her updated on the situation. Shortly after that we had a catastrophic hail storm and the car was severely damaged, so after filing a claim i informed the branch manager about the claim and procedure. Again she was very nice and helpful and asked me to keep her informed with any information. Once i was contacted by our insurance and notified it was a total loss i immediately contacted her and told her the status. She informed me that she would send everything to corporate and would call me back with the pay off amount. After getting the run around from them for 2 days they told us they still didnt have a pay off . After speaking to our insurance company immediately after and they gave them a pay off amount right before we contacted them. Suprisingly it was $400 more than the statement we received the day before. When i called them back to ask why they refused to give us a pay off amount and about the discrepancy in the amounts the manager became very unprofessional and said she could not speak with me anymore since I wasn't on the loan. Keep in mind my husband gave them written and oral permission to discuss all matters with me. She was very rude and didn't know he was standing next to me. So he asked her the same questions about why we were being lied to and the $400 difference so she told him that she wasn't going to speak with him either. She said she would only speak to the insurance company. We are very interested in taking legal action against Nicholas Financial and would like to be contacted if such matter.

• Mi
      Apr 05, 2015

This company is horrible.. I financed a vehicle through them, granted my credit wasn't the best.. I would rather go to a buy here pay here than to go through these people again. I spoke with the people in the Miami office and they are nasty and rude. No customer service skills whatsoever ever. They started calling me and my Dad leaving nasty messages the first day that my first payment was due and acting like they did me a favor by financing a car. They also started leaving nasty messages to the references that I gave them if that person did not call them right away. They will not work with you and will threaten to repo your car even if you are a two or three days late on a payment. In the end they did take my car 4 days later after my payment was due and said that I would have to pay the entire balance in order to get it back. I refuse to pay those ###. I have never heard of a company taking a car in less than a week after the payment due date. I told them that I will be one week late and they refused to work with me and called my Dad to get the money from him. Luckily, he cursed them out. I have a another car that I financed from another company and have no problems. If you have a choice, please do not let these people fiance an automobile, they are a nuisance and a headache and I wish I could use them for pain and suffering.. Run as fast as you can..

• Ag
      Apr 29, 2015

Law firm for class action against nicholas financial

• Caveat Emptor. Never use Nicholas financial. I have had a car note with them for almost two years. They constantly add bogus charges to your account. see above complaints for some of them. They seem to use these to increase profits form already outrageous loan rates. Also, when it comes time to pay a note off they make it difficult and won't send you the title. I was told they keep all the titles in a vault in Jacksonville Florida with their name as lienholder and the payee's name on the tirle. This is a lie they use to keep from sending a title to you for long delays. Ohh yes, and then they tell you they mailed it and you will have to file a lost title claim with the state and get a new title. Bogus scam artists with absolutely no concept of customer service. They act like they are doing you a favor when in fact you are their customer and are paying them handsomely for every part of financing something. Warning. If you use Nicholas Financial you will be ripped off by sleazy dishonest tactics that you cant fight back against.

• St
      May 28, 2015

Don't get stuck with this loan shark outfit. They steal.

• St
      May 28, 2015

If you are buying a car and letting dealer arrange financing, specify NOT to use Nicholas Financial or allow them to buy your contract. This is one bad company. They prey on people with poor or no credit, even if you have no credit because you have tried to pay cash for anything you buy. They actually make their money on added fees, late fees, bogus insurance fees, administrative errors they claim, but that you can't fight back against. Save yourself alot of trouble, don't use them or let them hold your note.