Nextel / Sprint / Cheating customers together!

I closed my Nextel account in December 2006 and paid my last bill with the understanding there would be a credit on my next statement.

I was informed I would receive a check for $40.60 I waited as asked until my next statement date January 15 and found the Total Credit Balance of $-40.60 I called to confirm a check would be sent and was told it was sent. This is where the deception on there part started the request was denied and they don’t tell you! No check came and after hours on the phone over several different days they again made me wait until the next bill cycle. February 15 nearly two months after I closed my account I receive an invoice showing my balance as $0.00 I called customer service and asked to be shown where my $40.60 went and I got the run around talking with nearly every office of Nextel in two different country’s. They feel justified to take my money because I stopped using there service. Well I hope they use it well, it’s the last dime I will give to Sprint together with Nextel. Or any company that supports there company.

N  3rd of Oct, 2007 by
Nextel-Sprint is a big scam of a company. I cancelled my service and paid my account in full. I returned a phone I had purchased from them via fed-ex. They told me to wait 2 billing cycles to get the money refunded back to my account. I had contacted them and gave them the tracking number for the phone I had returned, about two weeks after I had sent it back. They informed me that they had received the phone but that it would take another billing cycle before they would send me a refund check for the phone. Two months later, I call back to inquire about the status of the refund check. They have the nerve to tell me that they never received the phone I sent back and that they have no record of the tracking number I gave them.

Basically, they are now telling me that they can't send me a refund since they have no record of me sending the phone back. Also, I was told that they don't record all phone conversations that take place between the customer and cutomer service rep. Maybe it was my mistake for throwing away the tracking number. But I figured that since they initially told me that they received the phone, then I should trust them.
Anyone out there even thinking remotely about joining Nextel-Sprint, please don't. They have deceptive customer service reps and the entire company is a big sham!!
A  6th of Nov, 2007 by
Same situation with me I was billed for an extra $143.00 and NO one @ Nextel could give me an explanation why I owe this money so my Father paid it in full then Nextel billed us for $1.00. I still want my 143.00 I paid my Father back for paying Nextel.

So frustrated and I am not rich to give money like that away. B/C I wanted to close my account and my contract was up.
A  30th of Jan, 2008 by
This is what I sent to Nextel today:

Why does Nextel scam its customers? I was sold another line and another phone and changed my plan according to a nextel sales person's recommendation and informed at the time of the sales call (made TO me) that I would get a 50 dollar rebate on the phone (i265). I sent in the paperwork on time but it was denied nonetheless. Apparently, and I called him on this just to clarify at the time of said sales call, and although he reasured me everything was in order, the sales person lied. I will never speak highly of nextel or sprint again. In fact, as soon as my contract is up, I am gone. In fact, I will be looking into how to break your contract in much the same way you s!#t on me and mine. Good job treating a faithful, reliable customer so well! Come to think of it, you probably hardly even care. Hell, you are just a machine, and I am just another number in a cell phone universe of millions, billions and beyond. Whatever.
N  23rd of Nov, 2008 by
yeah same with me on the internet and on my phone it says i never went over my spending limit and there it was 288.99 dollars and they had no proof that i had spent or bought anything
they just said i had to pay it or my phone would be cut of so i had no choice but if someone is looking for a good phone company sprint is the wrong way to go they cheat people out there money.!
A  18th of Jul, 2009 by
I have a plan with Sprint which is 300 anytime minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile, I have been with Sprint for so many years. I always check my anytime minutes and make sure I don't exceed my 300 anytime minutes and it has been that way for many years.

But lately, for the past 2 or 3 months, Sprint has been billing me in error for exceeding my 300 anytime minutes. So on the next bill cycle, which started on the 15th of the month, I deliberately did not use my phone for calling or receiving any other number so I can check if their system is accurate.

On the 17th, I checked my minutes used online and it shows that I used 176 anytime minutes already! Which is obviously wrong since I only used my phone for calling mobile to mobile. It's jacking up my bill for minutes I havent even used. I called the Customer Service once again and they said that there's nothing wrong with their system and they can not do anything.
N  5th of Dec, 2010 by
I purchased a plan with NO TEXT or INTERNET.
Sprint acknowledges this.
Sprint has added $75.00 to my phone bill for INTERNET USAGE.
Apparently at 2:35 am, 3:15am on 1 day, & various times on other days while I'm asleep I wake up & use the internet on my phone, at least according to SPRINT that whats happens.
They say, I never told them to disable the internet.
Apparently saying I don't want internet or Text, was not enough.