Nexicore / They really disappointed me

After sending my laptop to this company, it has returned to me with different problems that I original sent it for, first was no power, I received it powering on but bad video, second time bad video, I got it back no post, my third time they had to replace the system board but the one they replaced was a used one that has problems with sound, this company has gotten lately the worse service according to my experience, I will not send a laptop to this company never ever, I do not recommend this company, be aware of this company name, NEXICORE.

Va

Comments

• Ll
      1st of Feb, 2009

Yeah, i still have another 6 months with Nexicore and with how badly i got screwed by them i will gladly pay IBM a bag full of money to fix my computer.I figured that it would take a long time to get my computer fixed and sent back because it was during x-mass and new years but almost 3 months!!! never mind the hell i went through. I am always nice to the service reps on the phone but they pushed me over the edge. Here is a little time line of the Incident

December 10th 2007 . keyboard stopped working.

December 13th.
    Got the box in a box and sent it in. The paper in the box said in bold NOT TO send in the charger and the battery. I am a bit OCD so i always check things like that.

December 27th.
    I was bored so i decided to call and see how things were going. I was told that they have not received my computer. I had the tracking number so i checked on the FedEx * web sight and sure enough they had received it. After calling back and telling that according to the web sight they did receive my computer. i was told they the delivery people are lying and that it is probably lost.
    *i think it my have been DHL but i can't remember. FedEx dose come into play.

December 28th.
    Being a poor college student I called the delivery company (DHL or FedEx) and talked to a very pleasant woman. with her help i was able to get the time, date (the 18th), and the name of the person who signed for it. I called Nexicore and talked to one of there reps. she told me that they did not receive it and that i was SOL despite having all the info about who received my computer and when. Mad as hell that they had lost my computer i asked to talk to there supervisor.[ talking to the supervisor is the ONLY way to get things done with them] After explaining my situation to her she said that they would look for it and give me a call by the end of the day to let me know if they found it or not. I didn't get a call back.

January 2nd 2008.
    I called them back. they had no record of me even calling on the 28th. I talked to the a supervisor and filled him in and was told again that they would look for it and give me a call by the end of the day. by the end of the day i realized that he was full of it.

January 3rd.
    except for them having a record of my call SSDD.

January 4th.
    I was going to give up but since i had nothing to do that day i called anyway.
    I called and asked for the supervisor he said that they will look again. I decided to be an ### so i asked to talk to someone from shipping and receiving. I talked with the guy for a for a bit (he was very nice) and as far as he knew no one had even bothered to look. he said that he would look and gave me the direct number to his phone.
    about ten minutes later i got the call that he had found my computer right where it should be.

i would like to say my story ended there.

January 17th
    I called to see how things where going and i was told they i needed to send in the charger and the battery. I will say that i was very rude about it but for crying out loud the paper said not to. To make matters worse i was told that the have been meaning to call me about it. WTF meaning to call?!? Anyway, it was during my moment of rudeness i mentioned that i had received a new battery for x-mass and he told me to send that one in to.

January 21st
    i got the box and sent it in via FedEx (i had to pay for the shipping) since i hadn't had the opportunity to use my the new battery in my computer i didn't send it in. Also, i am cheap.

February4th
    called to see how things were going and they told me they hadn't received it. I checked with FedEx got all the info and called my boy from shipping (i think his name is Tim or Tom real nice guy). He was very apologetic and looked for it but they didn't find it. Being the real nice guy that he is he pulled some strings and hooked me up with a new battery and charger for free. i was really happy with this because i had sent in a crappy old 6 cell and got a new 8 cell battery.

February 18th
    Called. they were waiting on a new bluetooh cable.

March 3rd 2008.
    called . still waiting for cable.

March 13th
    still waiting. seeing that my computer had been sitting around for 5 weeks waiting for this cable for a function that i don't even use and it was the 3 month mark i decided to do something special. I Googled some of the local computer repair shops (all within a 10 minute drive) there and called them up to see if they had the cable. a few of them did so i called up Nexicore to give them the good news. OK i guess that was a bit much.

March 20th.
    Called and got the good news that my computer was on its way!!! I got the shipping number so i could track it.

March 21st.

Computer received !!! All was well and good until i realized that the latch was broken.

i hate Nexicore because of all the problems i had with them. I hate them so much i am going use my tax money to have IBM fix my computer ( I am having some problems with my USB ports) even though i still have a few months on my extended warranty with them. Hell if for some reason it costs more than 300$ to fix my computer i am just going to buy a new computer!!!

• Sh
      28th of Apr, 2009

Their customer and tech support is absolutely horrible. They shipped out hard drives, motherboards, CDRW drives, etc. for software issues. They're often quite rude, especially to their techs. I honestly don't know why they're still in business.

• Ir
      26th of May, 2009

i've had nothing but excellent work done by nexicore. it's always a very quick turnaround time, and for the price, i've had some exceptional work done on two of my laptops as well as my desktop.

27th of Oct, 2009

You are full of crap- nexicore is a great company with great service.

• Sc
      29th of Oct, 2010

its the worst company i have ever worked for. Worked for over 4 years for this mickey mouse company all the parts are refurbished parts and as a crazy failure rate ive fixed computers and flat panel tvs and laptops for this company ive been ripped off for pay they still owe me ide strongly recomend you take big care if these are coming to your house

• Da
      5th of Nov, 2010

I have read this first page, and have to agree with Nexicore's issues. I do have to disagree as well. I am an onsite service technician for them, My name is Daniel Delaney, I own IT Support Solutions, and I have seen first hand the failures and the achievements of this company. Currently they are having an issue with their supplier, and it takes a week or two to get them. I have seen users wait up to three months to get the parts they need. This is due to the fact that the parts are not always available.

Couple things to note:

1) That PC you bought may not have more than 1 or 2 compatible parts. If that is the case, it could take a while for them to find it.
    2) Service for them should be scheduled within 3 days of the parts arriving at a techs location.
    3) For the mail order part on this I cannot say anything, but if anyone needs a number to contact them, its 1-866-267-03100.

I have a few of the people there that I talk to all the time, and there are also new ones. I work with them on their in home repairs, as well as their other contracts such as Staples and Circuit City. They always pay net 30, and I have never had a major issue with them paying. I have had a lot of good dealing with this company, and if they could get their part shipping done faster, that would be the only thing I would ask. (Its not a good feeling to go to someones house with a part and find out your 2 months late...)

As for their phone service, you have your choice, use a company that has US based help desk, or buy a dell and talk to people in India that can barely speak American English. There help desk has had some peak times, which lead to hold times of up to an hour or so, but usually they answer from the hold queue within 15 mins. As for hold times they are one of the fastest companies out there.

So this is just a note to all those out there, this company does what it can where it can, and tries hard to keep its customer's happy. It pays its techs, and they use parts that they can find. I cant say anything good or bad because if I was in their shoes I would do the same.

• Fr
      22nd of Oct, 2011

I am waiting for my repair on my LCD Toshiba TV. The TV needs a main Board replace. I have not heard nothing about the satus of my repair. Please help Ref. No. 626962 or 111018-000053. My contact No. is 321-972-3401 Please help me with this repair!!!

• Fr
      22nd of Oct, 2011

I am having problems getting good information about my reapir for my Toshiba LCD TV. I have a repair for a main borad replacement. I have only gotten half answers about when the repair will be done or where the status of the order sits. My TV is still not fix and I feel lost in the when and where of the repair. Please help in this matter. Referance number 111018-000053 or 626962