[Resolved] Newstead Technologies Pte Ltd / Rude manner and bad words

1 Singapore Review updated:

[09 May 2011]

This letter is to complain about the unsatisfactory service which I had bought for laptop Lenovo model no: Y570 (S$ 1499) from Newstead on 7th May 2011 road show at Funan Digitalife Mall. On the date of purchase one of their staff told us to register the product as fast as possible. So the next two days we opened the laptop and registered first according to their advice. After doing this, in a short while before installation any software, the laptop hanged and even cannot do ctrl+alt+del to restart it.

So we came all the way to the service centre at Sim Lim Square to check. At that time we met the staffs named Mr. Wong Chuan Jin, Mr. James Octoven and Mr. Richard Zhou. The one who checked on our laptop is Mr James. When he checked he saw the problems and he tried to do recovery to set factory default. It took about almost 1 hour to check and make testing on it.

According to the company policy, we told him to help us to change with another one because it's still within 7 days. After arguing about 15 or 20 minutes, finally he assured that the laptop is faulty and will change one to one for us.

Before they change, we honestly showed them the warranty registration on this product done by us. Once they seen, they told us they cannot change a new one and need to go down to the lenovo service centre and it's not their fault and cannot change for us. But Mr Wong called one of his colleague and told us to call the lenovo to cancel the registration first.

Along all this way Mr James always use the word 'I'm helping you my friend'. But actually the way he talked to us is very loudly with no respect. Not like the others Mr. Wong and Mr. Richard.

The ugliest thing is, as his word 'helping', one of my friend asked him what did you help us. He started shouting to us and even tried to fight with us. And in the end he said '###' in the front of newstead shop.

The other two Mr. Wong and Mr. Richard just watching at us. Didn't say anything to him and they let him to shout back to the customer.

Needless to say I am quite frustrated.

I expected a much higher level of service and I am quite disappointed.

• Resolution statement

Newstead Technologies customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Comments

• Z3
      12th of Jun, 2012

From what I know about this case, there’s 3 person in group approach the Lenovo outlet at Sim Lim Square and while Mr. James doing diagnosing the laptop problem one of them which is the Lady Customer was mumbling speaking on their country dialect with unhappy tone till makes Mr. James was doing diagnosing feel so annoying, She did for few times mumbles her self in front of Mr. James when he was trying to help by following the company procedures.
    Mr. James was saying that word “ we’re trying to help you’ it just trying to make the customer calm down and patient to wait but seems customer can’t wait and insist to do 1 to 1 exchange.
    We’re as customer and as a human being, we also need to respect their company
    Policy not to just simply insist something without follow the procedures, is not up to sales person to make decision to do exchange 1 to 1.
    In this matter as I can see Mr. James wrong as he can’t hold he’s temper till his voice up to loud, and you as customer is that not call rude when you mumbling in front of other peoples using your own dialect with unhappy tone, did you someone can get you wrong idea maybe you’re talk bad about him that’s why Mr. James get so angry.
    They never said can’t change at all but they need to double check the item to make sure the real problem before their make report to their superior.
    But seems you as customer can’t wait, nothing is easy in this life when you try to get something as soon as possible without go through the procedures.
    Un- patient customer let me highlight to you the other case Mr. James encounter with other un-patient customer, it was similar case as you the customer return and complain to Mr. James that his laptop was faulty, customer bought the laptop after more then 3 months and insist the responsible action to exchange 1 to 1 . Mr. james was explain to customer not possible to do 1 to 1 exchange after you use it for few months computer has a problem and you insist to do exchange. Mr. james trying to help to send to customer service on behalf of the customer. But customer insist 1 to 1 exchange till customer get angry and call the police and police justify the matter as customer have no choice to wait a bit longer, if the customer using sales person service to send on be half of the customer got to wait a at least few days as the office tell the customer

Hi Customers please be patient when the sales person doing the checking for your problem because I’m pretty sure they will do the exchange for your faulty laptop.
    I don’t think there’s a problem if we can wait patiently…

• Ne
      1st of Jul, 2015

Issue has been resolved resolved