NewspaperARCHIVE.com / renewed membership w/o my knowledge
On December 2, 2008 I wrote:
On November 27, my your company debited $95.88 renewal fee for my subscription to Newspapararchive.com. While I appreciated your service, I no longer need it, nor do I have the money to pay for it. Please credit my account immediately and CLOSE MY SUBSCRIPTION!
They responded on December 3:
Dear Barbara G,
Your membership has been cancelled and you will not be re-billed. Cancelled indicates that the billing has been disabled, you will not be charged again but you are not eligible for a refund. You will have access to the service until the end of your subscription. This means that you can still login and search the archive. Our services will still be available to you until: 11/27/2009 6:12:26 PM. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the amount you have already paid for your subscription. All our accounts are automatically renewing. According to our Terms and Conditions, to avoid further charges the account must be cancelled prior to the renewal date.
More NewspaperARCHIVE.com Complaints & Reviews
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - Fraudulent billing 
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - fraud 
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - total waste of money
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - rebilling without authorization or notice 
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - deceptive billing practices 
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - invalid address - first amendment right?
- Newspaper Archive - historical online newspaper clippings
- Newspaper Archive - bad customer service agents
- NewspaperArchives.com - unauthorized credit card charges
- Newspaper Archives - unauthorized payment