newslimu.com / fraud

This is a real scam. They charge $4.95 for a month trial, don't send the product, then begin charging your credit card various amounts. I had four fraudulent charges of between $50 and $70 dollars during the month of July. They are in cohorts with simpleclean.com. It does the same thing.

Comments

• We
      6th of Aug, 2009

Totally same thing happened to me. It's a joke and a NIGHTMARE to get fixed. They deny the charges are there when you call, if they even answer the phone.

• Al
      14th of Aug, 2009

I saw the the add online and sent for it. When I got the bottle, I was charged 4.95 and then 2 weeks later, I was charged $65.95. I called and the man on the other end said I had not cancelled within 2 weeks and I could not be reembursed-or send the bottle back. I told him I wanted to be off the list. Ten days later, I got another charge for $70.90 for another bottle. When I called the girl said there was no note stating that I had called and my comformation number was my account number. After the supervisor got on the phone I told him I could get the same product for $10, so why would I want to buy from them. He eventually said that the bottle had already been shipped, but if it came in the mail to refuse it and he would re-emburse me. I made sure I took his name this time, and I have since cancelled my bank card. I urge anyone who wants to use this product, to go to the Vitamin Shop, or GNC, or somewhere in town.

• Mo
      18th of Aug, 2009

how can we file a complain to get the money back, the same thing happen to me, did you ever get your money back????

• Ri
      19th of Aug, 2009

like the two above complains. I too were sent a trial bottle for $4.95 and two weeks later charged $65.95.
    What can I do.
    Please Help
    Rich Kroplewski

• Me
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I cannot believe I was so careless. I saw Rachel Ray's name plastered all over the adviertisement and did not think twice, they charged me $1.95 and in 5 days I received the bottle. 12 days later (today) I saw a hold for the amt of $65.95. I called my bank had them remove the charges and delete my card. I suppose I am among the few lucky ones to catch the amt on hold as oppose to charged. I don't dare take the pills now. Who knows what is in them.

• Et
      24th of Aug, 2009

I, too, was taken by this unbusinesslike scam. For two days now I have been trying to contact someone to delete me from the mailing list and cease charging my credit account. I have been charged for two bottles of this stuff totalling $70.90 each and can't have my bank dispute it since I didn't notify them within the two-week period. What a way to do business. They get you in the fine print and I can't believe I allowed this to happen to me. Please READ before you click on "I Agree" on anything you buy on line. This is especially true for "trial" products. What can I do now?

• Et
      24th of Aug, 2009

I failed to mention the company...GENUINE ACAI BERRY a/k/a WWW.NEWSLIMU.COM. Would anyone there like to comment or apologize for this inappropriate display of business tactics? You can certainly look us all up in your records

• Bo
      25th of Aug, 2009

I am totally agree with all the complaints above.I am the newest victim of this scam for both acai berry pill (www.newslimu.com) and www.simpleclean.com.
    When I order online, they shows the term and condition in the small fonts and vague gray colors, iI missed it and I get trap. I even did not received the product to know I have 14 days to cancelled, I called customer service and they (both companies) keep insisted that they already shipped the product to my house. (i live in a condo complex) and presented me with their postal tracking numbers.
    I check my credit cards and there were a charge for 59.95 and 65.95.
    I called my credit card to stop paying for them and change my credit card number.
    I will keep you posted for the result.
    BUYER AWARE OF THIS ONLINE SCAM

• Ol
      1st of Sep, 2009

One more victim for newslimu.com and simpleclean.com. I ordered their trail 30 day product for the shipping cost one for $5.00 and the other for $1.50. Then about 15 days later I started getting this changes for $65.95 and $59.95 from neslimu/simpleclean. Called their numer 1-877-270-9668 and they informed me that I agreed to their terms and conditions when I ordered the 30 day trial samples. The terms are that once you order you will automatically be sent another 30 day supply of their product unless you cancel within 14 days - guess what, I did not make the 14 days since I was tricked in agreeing with their terms and conditions which are hidden on their web page. Has anyone tried to get their money back.

1st of Sep, 2009

Same story here... I SOO wish I'd seen this site before I wasted over $130 for both products! During these tough economic times, this company MUST be taken down so others are not hurt, too. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there is no one higher in the company that I would be allowed to talk to! The nerve! We are able to call the President of the United States and be handled with more diplomacy!

Please contact me if anyone needs help or another to jump into a class action suit! - tpscalese@yahoo.com

1st of Sep, 2009

I just cancelled my credit card based on the experiences of some of you above even after cancelling. My MasterCard company has no recourse due to the very fine print on their ad, but they are receiving a lot of phone calls regarding this pair of companies. She said that not only can there be charges from these 2 companies, but sometimes they've seen where these companies are forwarding our information and "enrolling" us in other scam companies. Please be sure to check your statements and make sure all those charges are yours!

She also mentionned we might be able to get some help from the state attorney general. I'd think we'd have to contact the NV and AZ offices. I'll work on this a bit and post whatever I can find.

Wish I'd seen this site a month ago!

• Ne
      2nd of Sep, 2009

It happened to me...should have check this site before ordering supplement ACAI BERRY! Ordered for $1.95, got them in about 4 days, charged 15 days later...$65.95. Same as others, called cancelled product and given cancellation #. Well I hope they don't charge me again. Already called credit card company to notify them. They took info. and if I'm charged again they will dispute charges and NOT make me pay amount. If I continue to have problems I will cancel credit card. HOPE others read this site before getting screwed out of money!!! I wish everyone luck!

• So
      4th of Sep, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. I called my credit card company (Visa) and they suggested that I immediately close the credit card account and they began a fraud investigation today. They said the charges are from a foreign country (see the letters Cy or Nv of Fl after the name of the company on your bill--that is a code for another country and they also have charges for conversion of U.S. dollars that I had thought were shipping charges). Visa also advised me that they would send me this information in writing including direction to not pay the charges. I am also going to check all of my other credit cards and make sure the information on them is not being accessed in any way. I also sent e-mail messages to some of the well known people, Dr. Oz, B. Walters, etc that are in the pop ads that I was drawn to for ordering the products Acai Berry (200 mg of caffeine) and Life Cleanse in hopes that they would contact regulators to stop the use of their names in this kind of promotion. If they are not willing to try and stop the practice, I will not think as much of them, and I hope they do not profit in any way. I also plan to contact the FCC and alert them to the scam because it is on the internet. I think contacting the state attorney general is a good idea also. I now will never purchase on line again.

If anyone working on this problem makes a gain that everyone can benefit from, please post it and begin the post in capitol letters like PROGRESS or something to alert us what we can do.

• So

tpscalese@yahoo.com

this e-address does not "send" the server sends a message that it is not a valid address. Is there a class action suit started?

SorryNow
    That's my email address and I don't know why it wouldn't work... tpscalese@yahoo.com
    I don't know of a suit, but would join if we hear of one.

• Rd
      9th of Sep, 2009

If you paid with a credit or debit card you can file a dispute with your bank. False advertisement is a valid reason to dispute the charges.

• Nt
      13th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me. All I want to do is get my money back and take this company down. How do I start this process. I am so upset!!! They take money out of my account but don't send the pills. The pills don't even work.

14th of Sep, 2009

This is a fraud!!! Don't do it! Do not use the product. Do not buy anything from these people!

14th of Sep, 2009

I Tried to get my money back. Apparently, you owe them if you don't cancel in 14 days. The people answering the phones indicate that you clicked on confirmation that you understand that if you don't cancel in 14 days, you owe the full, very overblown price of the product.

We're trying to go through our bank and indicate that this is a fraudulent scam.

• Am
      22nd of Sep, 2009

we ordered the acia berry supplement and the colon cleanser under the false pretenses that Dr. Oz indorced their product. No more than a week later, its all over the news that this was a fraudulent claim. when i called to cancel and return the product, which was never opened, i was told that after 14 days there are no returns and no reimbersments. I told the operator i will get my money back and he CHUCKLED at me. They are rude, they are a scam and I hope all who have fallen victim to their fraudulent lies get their due justice.