Newport News Insider Pass / Unauthorized check card charges

Unauthorized charges were made by insider pass on my checkcard which amounts to $12.95 monthly. It shows there a number [protected] md.

I demand your company to credit these charges back to my account as I haven't authorized any of your personnel to make the necessary deductions monthly.

R. Dela llarte

Comments

• Sc
      16th of Apr, 2009

A daily check of my bank account revealed a $14.95 debit from 'Insider Pass'. Having no idea who or what that was I did an internet search. The charge had come from a third party associated with Newport News called 'Insider Pass', what I assume is touted as a discount club. I had never signed up for anything although I had placed a credit card order with Newport News in October...this is April. I have clicked on many of their links to view their catalogue...does this justify an unauthorized charge by a third party to my credit card? I think NOT!

After a quick search I found others to whom this has happened. I was outraged!! As I was on hold with Newport News I kept reading complaint after complaint about these companies.

You must call Newport News and very angrily ask for a supervisor. You do not reach a supervisor, you reach 'Robert' who speaks on behalf of management; who speaks over you and tells you that 'Insider Pass' is a third party; who after much angry cajoling agrees that Newport News is associated with Encore Memeber Services - Insider Pass; and then you are given the number for Encore Member Services - 877-518-7283. You must angrily ask them to remove and refund your charges. They then give you a confirmation number...so...all very official however 7 - 10 business days to refund your account so we'll see. I've also opted out of Newport News email list and will NEVER buy from them again!!! Who do they think they are?

Telling me that Encore is a third party...associated with Newport News...Encore Member Services had to get the credit card number from somewhere!!

Unbelievable!!