Newport News / insider pass scam
I purchased an item from Newport News in January 2009. Today I realized that they've been charging me $14.95 a month as an Insider Pass membership. Apparently when you purchase an item from Newport news you are automatically enrolled in Insider Pass for a 30 day trial. After the 30 days are over, you are charged $14.95 a month for the membership. They claimed they mailed me information in regards to the membership, but I never received anything. If I'd known I was going to get these charges, I would have never bought anything from Newport News. I realized that the charges had been occuring for 5 months on my account. I called to cancel and found they have 2 options on their phone. One is to cancel and the other is to talk to a representative. If this is happening to you, talk to the representative. I told her I was pissed about the charges and what they were doing wasn't right, that I'd never received any information regarding the membership, and that I wanted the $76.70 credited back to me. The lady was very friendly about the situation even though I was not. I'm sure they get this all the time. She told me that the money was being credited back to my account and that my information would be out of the system once the credit occured.
BEWARE IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING PURCHASING THROUGH NEWPORT NEWS!!!
More Newport News Complaints & Reviews
- Newport News - deceptive marketing practices 
- Spiegel / Newport News - hidden charges! 
- Newport News - billed multiple times for ordered clothing 
- Newport News - hidden charge of "free shipping"! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - spiegel is a dishonest company. shame on you! 
- Spiegel / Newport News - I don't know what to do
- Newport News - you can't get your money back even when it's their mistake 
- Newport News - bad experience from start to finish
- Spiegel/Newport News - dispute of charges!
- Newport News - credit card charges not approved