newmp3technology / Billing

1 28 Old Brompton Road, Suite 83London SW7 3SS, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Dear Sir / Madam,
I would like to draw your attention to what seems to be a blatant fault admitted by this company “the invoice was correct at the time of payment; this is simply a glitch in our software”. That they refuse to refund such a paltry sum is beside the point. As they freely point out that “this is simply a glitch in our software” means that this happens to all their customers bills.
Would you please be so kind as to advise me what to do on this matter?

Paul, I understand that you could appreciate a refund, but your request is unjustified. You paid the correct amount, and the invoice was correct at the time of payment; this is simply a glitch in our software since our base of operations is in the US. We are not going to issue a refund, and I would advise using your Paypal invoice if you need an invoice for your records and dismissing this matter, because you were correctly billed and you agreed to pay a total of 20.13 and that is what you were charged.

Best Regards,
Mike Freeman
NewMP3Technology
www.newmp3technology.com
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:48 PM, paul gourju <gourju@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike, I appreciare your predicament but you can hardly invoice someone for one amount and then charge them for more on their credit card. The other way around would of course be acceptable but here it is not the case. I would suggest that you find some other way of wording your invoices but in between times I would still appreciate the refund.
Thanks for your understanding Paul
________________________________________
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:15:25 -0400
From: sales@newmp3technology.com
To: gourju@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Thank you for your order!

Hi Paul, our invoice system varies slightly depending on the USD-EUR rate, but the price of 20.13 was accurately billed when you completed checkout. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Mike Freeman
NewMP3Technology
www.newmp3technology.com
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:02 AM, paul gourju <gourju@hotmail.com> wrote:
Attention of "newmp3technlogy,
I was invoiced by you for the amount of € 18.96, as seen below but billed for €20.13 by PayPal, a discrepency of € 1.17. Would you be so kind as to credit my account at PayPal with this amount. I thank you in advance Paul Gourju

Order Number: 70614 Returns:
The 30 day time limit for submitting a return has expired for this order.

Status : Order Shipped

Grand Total: 18.96€

________________________________________
PAYPAL INVOICE
Bonjour Paul Gourju,

Cet email confirme que vous avez envoyé à NewMP3Technology (support@newmp3technology.com) €20, 13 EUR avec PayPal.

Cette transaction apparaîtra sur votre relevé de carte bancaire sous l'intitulé PAYPAL *NEWMP3TECH.Détails du paiement
Numéro de transaction :
€3, 35 EUR
Total :
€20, 13 EUR
Description de la commande :
1 9V Chargeur USB a DC pour Archos Studio & Recorder!

Comments

Co
  3rd of Apr, 2008

I don't get it...if you were charged what you agreed to pay at the time, then why are you asking for money back from these guys? Paypal isn't like a merchant account. A seller can't choose to 'take' more out of your account than you agree to pay at the time of purchase, and when you sign into Paypal you see the exact amount you are paying and you hit the PAY NOW button, and that's the amount Paypal sends to the seller, no more, no less. So, if you agreed to the price at the time and you still have the product that you paid for, what's the problem? You want them to pay you for a technical issue, even though you paid the correct amount to begin with? From the content of your post, the problem with their site seems to be that their totals are based on US Dollars, so viewing these totals in Euros WOULD be off if you look back on it months later. It does makes sense, because it shows your purchase was made back in January, and the US Dollar has fallen drastically over the past couple of months. This would make the calculated totals for your items go down in Euros when you look back on it now. As long as you paid what you agreed to pay at the time (and the answer is YES if you used Paypal), then the problem you are describing is just a technical issue. Why not give these guys a break and enjoy the product that you correctly paid for?

Mr
  25th of Nov, 2008

Hi Order 109211 I have to cancell as i have returned this item so wont want the case for ot or stylus sorry about that will you email me to make sure you have this message thanks J Mosley