NEWGRANTFORYOU / fraud

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for free kit with newgrantforyou and accepted charge $1.95.Next day my account was charged $59.95 without my authorization.I called them, was on hold for good 15 minutes and cancel account with them.They did not give me time to ask abouth money refund.What should I do now?

Comments

Ry
  16th of Feb, 2009

I had the same issue with that company, and when I demanded a refund they refused. They trick you into a monthly subscription that is false and provide nothing. This is rediculous. I got charged 58.61, and in times like these, who can afford to throw that kind of money away?

Sh
  16th of Feb, 2009

I called my bank and got a number to this company's customer service department. Apparently you sign up for a free 7 day trial for grant information. If you do not call within 7 days to cancel, you will be charged ~$60 (not sure if its 1 time or monthly) for the online content. This c/s department can be reached at 877.260.9455.

When I mentioned a credit, I was directed to email support at support@grantresearchguide.com. There was no phone number available.

Ma
  17th of Feb, 2009

dax larsen - the floor supervisor i talked to, has an attitude problem
brian williams is the cancellation center manager and is there from 9-5 if anyone wants to give him a call as well. any responsible company wouldn't have put the trial membership policy in the tiny print; they would have put it somewhere people actually read. yeah i know you're supposed to read the fine print but since when do you find a trial period expiration in there when they make no mention that what you are signing up for is only for 7 days?

Ma
  18th of Feb, 2009

I too just got ripped off from these people. I called yesterday to cancel, the lady said there would be no more charges to my account. Imagine my surprise this morning to find a charge of $58.61. I called and was treated rudely and told there is NOTHING I can do. We will just see about that! Why I try these scams I don't know. It seems like I would learn. I will contact the BBB and any other company I can think of. I will also hassel these scammer until I get my money back. Will let you know if I have any luck.

Da
  18th of Feb, 2009

I signed up for a grant kit ($1.95) and found a charge for $49.50 on my card.

Ws
  19th of Feb, 2009

I just discovered a charge by newgrantforyou of $58.61 on my bank account. Thanks to all those who posted above. I'll call customer service and if they do not reverse the charge I'm going to contest the charge through the bank.

Ho
NEWGRANTFORYOU - scam artists
debbie gagnon
3-2 canterbury court
Middletown
Connecticut
Phone: 860-301-9603

i purchased for $1.95 to get on this site to look for grants. they were authorized to take $1.95 from my checking acc. they said the 9th was when this was done. today i look at my acct and there is 68.13 taken unauthorized from my acct. i called they said i agreed. which i did not. scam artist. the site was pure bull crap. do not do this. i am calling the attorney general. i will get my money back from these scammers! terrible site.

El
  19th of Feb, 2009

I'm with you on this one. I also agreed to the $1.95 to check it out, I never got to because my computer went to the shop. I only got the information to cancel when I noticed $69.49 had been taken out of my accnt(whenever a charge comes out, they give a # to call usually). When I called them to get an explanation, they told me that I had accessed the site via an email sent to me using the password (I asked what the password was & was told that it is my zipcode). They told me I accessed their site but couln't tell me the exact date or time that I went to the site, (What a crock!!!) only that I had been there & that I went past the 7 day experation date. They are thieves & should be put in jail.

Di
  20th of Feb, 2009

Got scammed too.. said wld send email within 24hrs to give website details and to expect cd abt a week. got my bank details for S&H. Then did not see email (not realizing went into spam mail) from them but next day got call asking for bank details again. Felt uncomfortable abt giving bank details again so told them I want to cancelled and guy on phone hang up suddenly. The next few days, I saw the S&H being taken out for my a/c and I quickly called them to confirm cancellation. told them I do not want the 49.50 to be taken out since it is not taken out yet and they confirm with email my subscription was cancelled. Then 3days later, I saw 49.50 had been taken out on the same day I spoke with them. They should hv told me that it was already taken out a wk ago. Jus not appearing at the bank. Then called them to ask why they took out they said it was already past 7 days. They said they do not know who called me the 2nd time to ask for bank details and the one who hung up on me when I said I want to cancel. Then he said I got till march 12th to access website and sent me my login details today 20th Feb. Dont u think this is a scam!! followed up by another scam!!

20th of Feb, 2009

I just got off teh phone with NEWGRANTFORYOU . I am very upset to see that my 1.95 subscription turned into $58.61...In this economy, people who pray on others should be reported. This is fraud. I demanded my money back, and was told I should have read the fine print. That will teach me for being so trusting...I am PISSED!

Ja
  20th of Feb, 2009

There is always something you can do you should contact your bank as i will be doing this comming saturday morning it might take a few days for it to go through but you will be happy when your bank sticks up for you against this charge goodluck all

20th of Feb, 2009

I have reported this company with the Better Business Bureau. I encourage all of you to do the same:

Here is the information regarding this Fraudulent "company":
Business ID: 1086-0000077161
Name: Grant Instructor LLC
Address: 5348 Vegas Dr. #866
City: Las Vegas
State/County: NV
Zip/Postal Code: 89108

20th of Feb, 2009

I have called my Credit Card Company and am disputing the charges. I will be refunded. Good Grief...

Le
  22nd of Feb, 2009

Are you kidding me? Agh! I just got charged this morning. Has anyoe had any luck getting the charges reversed? Please tell me you are. I cant afford to have recurring charges like this right now...

Gr
  25th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happened to me but they charged me $58.60. THey told me the site said that it was a member ship and you had to cancel it within 7 days but I never saw anything like that, or I would never had even got it. They canceled my membership but said they wouldn't refund my money. Now what do I do? That is bull!!!

Ch
  25th of Feb, 2009

I as well have been charged a $58.61 plus a int'l svc fee of $.47. There was nothing that said you would be charged anything other than the $1.95. I filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am also fighting
the charge at my bank, they are trying to help. Some people really SUCK!!

Mi
  28th of Feb, 2009

i as well been charged for something i've never recieved not even the disc they were suppost to send i've never recieved anything from them and let are taking a 58.61 but if they don't put my money back on my credit card i just might have to get me a lawyer to fight this situation at hand this is wrong for them to be stealing people money off their credit cards like that. THIS IS WRONG

Sc
  4th of Mar, 2009

Does anyone have a phone number to call? They charged my card also and I ordered nothing! Scot

Ta
  4th of Mar, 2009
NEWGRANTFORYOU - scam artists
Tami Cantu
Fayetteville
North Carolina
Phone: (330)221-8047

I clicked on the website to check out information and made the mistake of giving credit card information for a charge that should have only been $1.95. I have been getting charged to my capitalone account $58.61 since January. Please help with this matter.