[Resolved] NewEgg / customer service

CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased 4 MB of RAM in 2 circuits from Newegg. After I installed them my computer would not boot. I shut it off and open up the cabinet and 1 of the circuits was red hot. That one was defective, but the other one works.

I returned the defective circuit to Newegg and asked for a replacement. Newegg refused to send me a replacement. They claimed I damaged the circuit. I did not. Apparently Newegg has a bad reputation when it comes to standing by their products. My next stop is to register a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.[protected]@newegg.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
    Newegg.com

Comments

• Ne
      30th of Jan, 2009

I ordered an item for my son and paid with my Paypal account. The day after we expected the item to arrive, Newegg sent an e-mail stating that there had been a problem with the Paypal account and they were canceling the order. I checked with Paypal and my bank and there were no account problems. I have used Paypal for over 1000 transactions with no problems. Finally I discovered that it was not Paypal that was the problem but that I was providing a PO box address for shipping. I checked my records and I have always used my PO box address for puchases with Newegg in the past. We have a unique situation where we live that does not allow for street delivery and we explained this to Newegg. They wanted me to change my Paypal shipping address even though they stated "Your order will not be processed if your shipping address does not match your PayPal confirmed address." Most ordering sites will not allow you to enter a PO box number if they don't take them so you know right away to try something else. Newegg waited a WEEK to let us know! Their "customer service" person was extremely RUDE and insulting and unwilling to work with the situation. I asked for a supervisor and was denied. I will not be doing business with Newegg again. It isn't worth the lower price. We ordered the item directly from the manufacturer and it arrived in two days.

• Ae
      29th of Mar, 2012

Terrible customer service! Was told product would ship out same day of purchase. Three days later the sale had not even been processed. We spoke to four different reps, all who gave us different information. It was apparent they were BS'ing us.we told them they could ship it out 'next-day/overnight' or cancel the order. They immediately canceled the order. NewEgg was just one big hassle! Don't waste your time!

• Th
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I personally have never had any issues with Newegg, but there has been a significant rise in complaints about them in the last several months. I wonder if they went through some internal restructuring...

4th of Apr, 2012

The circuit did not work and was hot before I took the sticker off. It was a bad circuit to begin with. And no, I did not understand what that meant. But this I do understand: Newegg's customer service is bad, and I'm still going to file a complaint with the BBB .

4th of Apr, 2012

Anti-SEO: How did you know I removed the stickers? A rhetorical question, because the only way you could know that is that you work for NewEgg and you are familiar with the case. Please tell your corporate bosses I will continue to fight this. It will be better for all concerned that they either refund my money for the bad circuit or replace it.

4th of Apr, 2012

SEO: I did nothing, I broke nothing, and I don't appreciate being called a ###. I still think you're a shill for NewEgg. I will lodge a complaint with the BBB, and that's the end of story...