[Resolved] NewEgg / double billing for shipping
BEWARE deceptive online ordering from NewEgg.com. If you order multiple items, NewEgg will split your order if items are from different warehouses and charge YOU double or more for Shipping.
The online checkout process provides a quote on shipping based on your address zip code for all items ordered. However, you get a confirmation page AFTER you submit the order that splits the items into separate orders and charges for each shipped item. In my case, the second item went from $6.99 for 3 day shipping to $9.39.
When I complained I was offered a credit on a future purchase and refused a refund of the current duplicate charge.
When I asked to cancel the order, I was denied since they already charged my credit card... even though they hadn't processed the order for shipping!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009
Dear Valued Customer,
Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at email@example.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.
More NewEgg Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - extremely frustrated w/ newegg's return policy 
- Newegg International - shipping
- Newegg.com - unethical behavior
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - products and customer service
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - fraudulent charges
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - order not received