[Resolved] Newegg / double billing for shipping

1 CA, United States

BEWARE deceptive online ordering from NewEgg.com. If you order multiple items, NewEgg will split your order if items are from different warehouses and charge YOU double or more for Shipping.

The online checkout process provides a quote on shipping based on your address zip code for all items ordered. However, you get a confirmation page AFTER you submit the order that splits the items into separate orders and charges for each shipped item. In my case, the second item went from $6.99 for 3 day shipping to $9.39.

When I complained I was offered a credit on a future purchase and refused a refund of the current duplicate charge.

When I asked to cancel the order, I was denied since they already charged my credit card... even though they hadn't processed the order for shipping!

• Resolution statement

• Newegg.com Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,