[Resolved] NewEgg / terrible company

I would first like to state that i have purchased a lot of items from NewEgg over well over 5 years now. I know a good bit about computers and computer hardware. Now that being said here was the final straw...

I purchased a video card from NewEgg about 90 days ago. I installed it and it worked for a day. next day saw vertical and horizontal lines and corruption on the screen. I contacted the manufacturer and after a few hours of trying to fix it, it was determined to be defective. I packed it back up, got a return number from NewEgg and shipped it off. Almost 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard them. I had to contact them, after another 2 days they sent me an e-mail saying they can not acept the return because 'it was missing a serial number and it was being sent back'

No serial numbers were removed so i had no idea what the heck they were talking about. I tried talking to them about it since i have purchased through them for a long time, yet they still would not accept the return. I went on their site because you can write reviews about the product. I submitted a review, 3 days later i received an e-mail stating my review has been rejected! unbelievable!!! i wrote a review about the product then stated NewEgg as refused my RMA. no real slander or cussing.

At this point I am really pissed. On one hand NewEgg is completely blowing me off and on the other they are sending sorry notices and 'we hope you return'...yeah right. I started looking through the product information, it all becomes clear why this is happening, there is a warranty!!! NewEgg doesn't want to deal with it because they know the manufacturer will, yet NewEgg has a 30 day return policy unless something voids the warranty...serial number stickers, easy to remove/lose.

Long story short the manufacturer is indeed picking up NewEggs slack.

HERE IS MY TWO CENTS: NewEgg has become worse and worse over the past 2 years. What the issue is? I don't know maybe the Economy is hitting them hard but i will not go back to using them, their customer service is mediocre at best and they are losing their competitive edge.

Many other sites are able to do what they do with no hassle ruturns and are glad to do what it takes to keep you business.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
    Newegg.com"

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Nov 09, 2009

Dear Customers,

I humbly apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced with our services. ALL feedback is necessary for companies to improve the service they provide so I thank everyone for letting us know their situations.

With this said, we would never intentionally cause for anyone to be dissatisfied with our service. So we may further assist you, please call Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail him at joshua.l.key@newegg.com

Newegg.com

Ra

Comments

• Bk
      27th of May, 2009

I had the same problem.
    With two video cards in Nov 2007. They don't work. Still don't work. I wasn't as lucky as you though. MSI wouldn't back the cards and NewEgg wouldn't take them back. I still have them if anyone's looking for some 8800 ULTRA video cards. Maybe for a shooting range?

14th of Jul, 2009

What a worthless company. I bought a digital camera from them and then took it the next day to North Carolina for an extended 2 month stay. I put the batteries in the camera, it started up and I thought I was home free. I go to use the camera and now it doesn't work, it says zoom error. I've had it for a week. I write to New Egg and they won't take it back as I did not travel here with the box. I told them, send me another one and keep the box for the one I return. It takes severald ays to get a response and then still no help! I'm out $128 dollars and I am pissed.

• Cb
      9th of Nov, 2009

Small Business Account - What a JOKE - Not a real help to those in Small Business.

Several are going to file a complaint with BBB and so forth from what I hear.

Watch out for their NEW Business Account they offer. You'll get an email welcoming you to your new account, "Deferred Billing Application Approved". Next, your receiving rude emails with invoices attached, from someone at New Egg, you'll respond...but they never reply back...like they drop off the face of the earth. Then a few days later another email, just with invocies, no introduction, no may I help you...you respond, once again you receive absolutely no response from this person. These are not "canned" emails, this is NOT one of those "unmonitored" email accounts. This is a live, living and breathing human being. Rather rude contacts and I have the emails. It's been a pure nightmare.

What's funny, is some of the equipment we received, had already been used or opened, had a person's name at the Windows start screen. We did NOT buy store returns or refurbished items. So, why did we receive them? We were billed for "New" not "Used". We didn't complain at the time, but after this nightmare, we should have. Some items came with packing so the items were well protected, others arrived with ZERO packing for protection. Most of the boxes looked like they were drop kicked, which New Egg can't control that, but they CAN control using PACKING. I guess that's what happens when your nice and let something slide...it comes back and slaps you in the face.

11th of Apr, 2011

Newegg is horrible. I have very little time on my hands during the weekday to place orders. I bought an asus laptop from them and it took them 3 days to process my order and then tell me that the order didn't go though and my account was suspended. also it would take them 1-2weeks to take the charge off my bank account WTF a complete hassle. i didn't even receive a notice via email or phone telling me that my account was being suspect. Newegg has dropped in quality i will look else where for my computer needs from now on -jared

• Ce
      19th of May, 2012

I strongly recommend using tigerdirect.com. I had an issue with new egg about a year ago and have never used them since. I ordered a computer to an APO, AP address. The computer never came and Newegg not only refused to issue a refund, but they didn't even look into the issue or acknowledge my existence. Since then, I have prevented two of my friends from using Newegg and have only used Tigerdirect. I've had zero issues with them except for one time. Customer service at Tigerdirect was great, refunded the purchase and shipped a new one. Newegg cost me $3500.00 and I'm not even worth looking into. I'll never shop with them and continue to spread the word.