New York Sports Club [NYSC] / impossible membership cancellation nysc

1 New York, NY, United States

NYSC CLUB - 7th Avenue at 10th Street, New York

Impossible Membership cancellation NYSC

I first went in person to the front desk (@ 10 street) and filled a cancelation form in mid April with Johanna Ullaoa. She gave me no receipt or prove of cancelation but told me it would be effective in 24h if I login in the website. I was clear stating that I was moving abroad and wanted to make sure everything was taken care of. I didn't see any changes on the webpage and on May 25th I decided to go in and check the situation. Johanna Ullaoa was at the desk and after going on their computer told me the membership hadn't been canceled and there was nothing she could do about it, it would have to start all over again. She had an attitude questioning everything I said, even the fact that I actually had been there because I wouldn't remember her name. Extremely rude and very suspicious.
I insisted to speak with the manager Nestor Ulloa, and after some effort he came down. Terrible customer service attitude, took me to a messy office with chaotic piles of papers and claimed that he couldn't find my cancellation form (in paper) and would look for it another time (thats how much he cared about it). I couldn't believe all the stress they were making me go through and the time I was spending. He told me he would look for it and call me back, that didn't happen. Once more even after insisting I didn't receive any proof that I had be there confirming that my membership had been cancelled.
Surprisingly (or not) I did a search online and found numerous negative reviews on this place on YELP. Some of the recent reviews that I attach are incredibly similar to my situation, that make me realize that there were no good intention in their actions since the beginning. I demand that ALL my financial and personal information is erased from their records, my account is totally deleted and they never attempt to charge another dime in my credit card. Looking forward to have this situation resolved.

New York Sports Club [NYSC]